• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It's not an emotional decision because any half-arsed manager could have come in and succeeded with that squad. Evidence being that Redknapp managed it despite his complete tactical ineptitude and questionably motivated signings.

If you're asking me would I feel the same about Redknapp if he were actually a good manager and if we actually were in trouble that season..... That I'm not so sure about.
And yet your ginger lover boy came in and immediately did worse....

Did AVB woo you with that same PowerPoint presentation he woo’d Levy with Scara?

Last edited:
Speaking of "gingerish" can I ask, am I the only one alarmed at Poch's barnet this season? It looks to have taken on a distinctly gingerish hue in places, at times almost looking uncomfortably like a syrup!!!!!! What has happened to the snappy black-suited sharpener from last season? Could the hair be part of the problem?????

...and worryingly, taking into account Redkrapp, AVB and now Poch, are our recent managers all required to carry a bit of the red flair? If so, should we be panicking about Dyche??????

Speaking of "gingerish" can I ask, am I the only one alarmed at Poch's barnet this season? It looks to have taken on a distinctly gingerish hue in places, at times almost looking uncomfortably like a syrup!!!!!! What has happened to the snappy black-suited sharpener from last season? Could the hair be part of the problem?????

...and worryingly, taking into account Redkrapp, AVB and now Poch, are our recent managers all required to carry a bit of the red flair? If so, should we be panicking about Dyche??????

It's the lemons.

That's his aura you're seeing

I think he has taken a club who had the 5th biggest turnover when he arrived and taken that club to having the 6th biggest turnover. Our turnover might’ve even been 4th biggest when Levy came in?

We have won one solitary League Cup in those 18 years, probably the worst period in our history.

Really?

- We have actually had our best run of consecutive top flight finishes in our history under Levy despite lack of trophies
- Spurs have won the league twice, +14 cups in 137 years, so the myth of Spurs being some regular trophy winning club is flimflam, we have had a couple of good runs but long periods of true mediocrity

Re turnover (trying to dig up actual numbers, hard to find pure details that far back)
- When Levy arrived, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leeds were above us in revenue in addition to Pool, Scum, United and we were around 16th in European income rankings
- Since then Chelsea & City joined the doping club league (false financials), we have joined the top 10 in European clubs but more importantly we closed the gap
- As example, the Scum made around 73% more than us then, today that gap is about 3%

You could also dig up all time win records in top flight, when Levy joined us Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa, Everton to name a few were above us, and that's the important point. When Levy joined us our rivals were not the top sides, they are now.

Re trophies, it is a black mark but if you look at the amount of Semi and Final appearances under Levy, it's hard to say we didn't have the opportunities (Harry and Poch are the big offenders)

Mate, dislike Levy, make a point that you think he doesn't spend/risk more, but any honest attempt to discredit him with facts will only end one way, he is now easily the best Chairman this club has ever had, and not just for what he has already done, but what his investments in the infrastructure will mean for the club's financial future for next 20-30 years

The Sun

GAP TO PHIL
Pochettino fuming at Tottenham failure to sign Barcelona outcast Philippe Coutinho in summer transfer window
  • 15 Nov 2019, 0:04
  • Updated: 15 Nov 2019, 1:09
ONE of manager Mauricio Pochettino’s many beefs with Tottenham is their failure to pursue Philippe Coutinho in the summer.

Barcelona, who signed him from Liverpool for well over £100million, were trying to offload the Brazilian forward on loan.

The Spurs boss had first-hand experience of Coutinho because he coached him when he was in charge of Espanyol.

Poch had taken him from Inter Milan in 2012, signing  the player until the end of the season to help them avoid relegation.

And he wanted to sign him again this summer but lost out when Bayern Munich made their move.

Poch has complained endlessly about the need to spend big to bring his V2.0 Spurs up to scratch.

If Coutinho had been signed, he is convinced the rebuild would already be well under way.

Playing under the Argentine in La Liga, Coutinho netted five goals in 16 appearances including a brace in a vital 5-1 win over relegation rivals Rayo Vallecano.

But he hasn't been able to recreate his best form for Bayern - scoring just twice and recently dropped to the bench.

Back in Tottenham, only Harry Kane can boast more than three goals in the league this term.

Pochettino is continuing to rotate between Lucas Moura, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen as he struggles to settle on the final piece in his attacking jigsaw.

Curious about pieces like this. Normally Id just write it off as paper BS, and theres every chance it is - but theres also a running theme of pieces drip feeding in at the minute, that makes me wonder if there are people behind it. For example, saw one the other day that stated it would cost £12m to sack Poch - first Id seen such a comment - and a rather specific number. And this is Neil Ashton, not "staff writer", which also makes me wonder.

As I say, entirely likely this is just more nonsense. BUT, given the feeling around the club right now, it kind of feels like the ground work for change...

I thought we did "pursue" Coutinho but he turned us down?

But not to worry, this is just "ONE of manager Mauricio Pochettino’s many beefs with Tottenham", perhaps Mr Ashton will enlighten us as to the rest in due course.

The Sun

GAP TO PHIL
Pochettino fuming at Tottenham failure to sign Barcelona outcast Philippe Coutinho in summer transfer window
  • 15 Nov 2019, 0:04
  • Updated: 15 Nov 2019, 1:09
ONE of manager Mauricio Pochettino’s many beefs with Tottenham is their failure to pursue Philippe Coutinho in the summer.

Barcelona, who signed him from Liverpool for well over £100million, were trying to offload the Brazilian forward on loan.

The Spurs boss had first-hand experience of Coutinho because he coached him when he was in charge of Espanyol.

Poch had taken him from Inter Milan in 2012, signing  the player until the end of the season to help them avoid relegation.

And he wanted to sign him again this summer but lost out when Bayern Munich made their move.

Poch has complained endlessly about the need to spend big to bring his V2.0 Spurs up to scratch.

If Coutinho had been signed, he is convinced the rebuild would already be well under way.

Playing under the Argentine in La Liga, Coutinho netted five goals in 16 appearances including a brace in a vital 5-1 win over relegation rivals Rayo Vallecano.

But he hasn't been able to recreate his best form for Bayern - scoring just twice and recently dropped to the bench.

Back in Tottenham, only Harry Kane can boast more than three goals in the league this term.

Pochettino is continuing to rotate between Lucas Moura, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen as he struggles to settle on the final piece in his attacking jigsaw.

Curious about pieces like this. Normally Id just write it off as paper BS, and theres every chance it is - but theres also a running theme of pieces drip feeding in at the minute, that makes me wonder if there are people behind it. For example, saw one the other day that stated it would cost £12m to sack Poch - first Id seen such a comment - and a rather specific number. And this is Neil Ashton, not "staff writer", which also makes me wonder.

As I say, entirely likely this is just more nonsense. BUT, given the feeling around the club right now, it kind of feels like the ground work for change...

This is exactly why you don't let a manager get whichever players he fancies at any given time. I'd say having Levy in charge of transfers is the main reason we've been able to build towards the squad we currently have.

This is exactly why you don't let a manager get whichever players he fancies at any given time. I'd say having Levy in charge of transfers is the main reason we've been able to build towards the squad we currently have.

As a player Coutinho is as good a replacement for Eriksen as any (though I question the desire for direct replacement)

But the finances would be insane, and IF Poch wanted him - but Levy declined on the money side - Id be ok with that.

It is an IF though, because we just dont know and likely never will.

Just the usual nonsense banded about when one of the bigger clubs are in 'crisis'. I swear they have a template for it - Dressing room rifts, manager unhappy player x wasnt signed, big player x,y and z want out of the club etc etc....

Could well be, I dont deny it.

Also feels like there might be something to it as well, for me at least. There are growing narratives in the press, enough to make me wonder if they are being fed rather than being made up BS.

Seems a bit fanciful that a manager who hasn't had a pot to tinkle in for 5 years with regards to transfer budget is going to be fuming with the club in the first window where he gets some financial backing.

Edit : just seen it's a Neil Ashton article :D

Last edited:
Back