• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

That is an interesting question - not least because I've never thought of him as sackable. In order to answer that, I suppose we have to assume that I have the entire shareholding and Levy is some kind of DoF.

I wouldn't have sacked him for getting Ramos wrong - getting something wrong is fine as long as one shows control of the situation and the ability to repair that mistake. Had he employed AVB directly after Ramos then he would have kept his job, as the direction would have been correct.

I would though, have sacked him for following Ramos with Redknapp. There's a little nuance there though, as I (through friends and contacts at various level of the infrastructure at Portsmouth FC) knew more about Redknapp at the time than anyone at Spurs was likely to. I would have made it very clear to Levy that a club like Spurs does not employ a person like Redknapp - not under any circumstances and would have left him no room whatsoever to do so.

First of all, I agree with you re: Redkrapp who compromised my football hypocrisy to such a level I was alarmed at myself. But given your bottom-line thinking with regards to most things, Levy was presented (by whatsisname, Kelmsley -sp- was it?) a bloke who although as dodgy as fudge and then some, was a banker to get us out of the deep hole we were in short term (let us also remember Ramos was shafted big time when we sold 52 goals in one summer). As I heard it, the plan was for Redkrapp to get the season and keep us up before giving way. Circumstances shifted, along with his own press core sycophant screams, to full court press Levy into keeping him for a bit, and eventually he showed his colors and then some (let's forget about him trying to punt Bale off twice).

So again, in short, I agree that Redkrapp is what he is and was in his own way as egregious as GGG and Neil in our managerial chair. BUT, in terms of RAW business -keeping us up short-term- he was the answer at the time despite his heaping cupboards of filth. And what YOU are showing here is an emotional judgement and opinion in my view; one I agree with. And one which shows that beneath the surface, there sits a man who WILL allow personal emotions and passion to influence the odd opinion on his football team. Thankfully!!!!!!

p.s. we will certainly agree that Redkrapp's myth was out of proportion with reality that season, as we were actually brick for large portions of it and drudged our way out of trouble; the Liverpool home win was one of the greatest robberies I have ever witnessed at the Lane!

Having it in for him is an inaccurate description IMO.

Until his book, I assumed that he made his decisions from logic and reason. I assumed (because he shows no outward traits of retardation) that he would scoff at such ridiculous beliefs as those he now appears to hold close.

I can trust the opinion of any intelligent person that uses logic and reason, I can't trust the opinion of anyone who believes in woo.

Have you ever parented teenagers?

First of all, I agree with you re: Redkrapp who compromised my football hypocrisy to such a level I was alarmed at myself. But given your bottom-line thinking with regards to most things, Levy was presented (by whatsisname, Kelmsley -sp- was it?) a bloke who although as dodgy as fudge and then some, was a banker to get us out of the deep hole we were in short term (let us also remember Ramos was shafted big time when we sold 52 goals in one summer). As I heard it, the plan was for Redkrapp to get the season and keep us up before giving way. Circumstances shifted, along with his own press core sycophant screams, to full court press Levy into keeping him for a bit, and eventually he showed his colors and then some (let's forget about him trying to punt Bale off twice).

So again, in short, I agree that Redkrapp is what he is and was in his own way as egregious as 3G and Neil in our managerial chair. BUT, in terms of RAW business -keeping us up short-term- he was the answer at the time despite his heaping cupboards of filth. And what YOU are showing here is an emotional judgement and opinion in my view; one I agree with. And one which shows that beneath the surface, there sits a man who WILL allow personal emotions and passion to influence the odd opinion on his football team. Thankfully!!!!!!

p.s. we will certainly agree that Redkrapp's myth was out of proportion with reality that season, as we were actually brick for large portions of it and drudged our way out of trouble; the Liverpool home win was one of the greatest robberies I have ever witnessed at the Lane!

Redknapp factor. LOL!

So again, in short, I agree that Redkrapp is what he is and was in his own way as egregious as 3G and Neil in our managerial chair. BUT, in terms of RAW business -keeping us up short-term- he was the answer at the time despite his heaping cupboards of filth. And what YOU are showing here is an emotional judgement and opinion in my view; one I agree with. And one which shows that beneath the surface, there sits a man who WILL allow personal emotions and passion to influence the odd opinion on his football team. Thankfully!!!!!!

Redknapp was the second best manager that Levy has appointed (although it could conceivably be argued that he is third best behind Jol)

Jol has a much harder job, he will always be above redknapp

Also whilst neither won anything, redknapp should have.
Jol took us forward a decent amount from mid-table to 5th. Redknapp delivered a harder step (getting into the top 4). Pochettino an even harder one (making it a regular occurrence).

It is v very relevant when it comes to dealing with human beings that are not Vulcans. You can add teenage footballers or even twenty something footballers, whose average brain is the same as most teenagers.

Scara's kids are in for a rude shock once they're old enough to figure out their father is a robotic sociopath.

It is v very relevant when it comes to dealing with human beings that are not Vulcans. You can add teenage footballers or even twenty something footballers, whose average brain is the same as most teenagers.
I think most footballer's brains are more in line with those of puppies from those I've met.

Levy has done nothing but deliver consistent growth and success, he would be getting bonus', not the sack.

Ups and downs along the way accepted, missed opportunities accepted.

Us in 2001, vs us today, is a night and day difference - and Levy is the key to it all.
I think he has taken a club who had the 5th biggest turnover when he arrived and taken that club to having the 6th biggest turnover. Our turnover might’ve even been 4th biggest when Levy came in?

We have won one solitary League Cup in those 18 years, probably the worst period in our history.

It's not an emotional decision because any half-arsed manager could have come in and succeeded with that squad. Evidence being that Redknapp managed it despite his complete tactical ineptitude and questionably motivated signings.

If you're asking me would I feel the same about Redknapp if he were actually a good manager and if we actually were in trouble that season..... That I'm not so sure about.

Poch
AVB
Jol
Ramos
Hoddle
Santini
Allen
Pleat
Redknapp
Timmeh

In descending order.

Lol
Rofl
Lmfao

AVB over Redknapp I get even though I don’t agree cos Redknapp clearly run over your cat or something. But above Jol? Jol made us relevant again. AVB made us boring again. We became the absolute definition of a one man team under team with no discernible plan B. It was give the ball to Bale and if that fails we are fecked lads. Not to mention he’s done absolutely nothing since noteworthy since. Or since he left Porto I might add.

Back