• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

For Sale

The fact there isn't much of an argument for keeping them beyond it being too much churn says a thing or too about the state of the squad

@thfcsteff I see it a bit differently. Who would buy Aurier? Last season I'd given up on him. As had Poch I think. We tried to sell him. Who's going to buy him on his high wages and low performances? But now, he's played better than he has previously - for me. Looks less of a liability (still is but less so). And he does offer zip going forward. His rushed unpredictable play works when attacking, early cross and things happen when he gets forward. Defensively he's getting a little better. We couldn't sell him now, so happy to see him improving in the side now. I prefer Foyth, but as a rotation option, he's here for the season at least.

Winter sales:

3 DF Danny Rose
4 DF Toby Alderweireld
12 MF Victor Wanyama
23 MF Christian Eriksen
24 DF Serge Aurier

I'd say at the very minimum we need at least a PL ready RB and a PL ready left sided CB, say £100m worth. So need a minimum average of £10m each for those sales, with Levy sticking his hand in his pocket to make up the rest.
Go back to basics defending wise (whether that is with Poch or A.N.Other*), then sort out the attack in the summer, and buy a LB.

*If our bad form is Poch's tactics, and he or the players are not willing to change, then pull the plug - Levy should know this.

Last edited:
@thfcsteff I see it a bit differently. Who would buy Aurier? Last season I'd given up on him. As had Poch I think. We tried to sell him. Who's going to buy him on his high wages and low performances? But now, he's played better than he has previously - for me. Looks less of a liability (still is but less so). And he does offer zip going forward. His rushed unpredictable play works when attacking, early cross and things happen when he gets forward. Defensively he's getting a little better. We couldn't sell him now, so happy to see him improving in the side now. I prefer Foyth, but as a rotation option, he's here for the season at least.

I think rationally speaking you’re right. But I am personally done with him in a slightly irrational sense. I will always support him when wearing our shirt, but beyond that...

The fact there isn't much of an argument for keeping them beyond it being too much churn says a thing or too about the state of the squad

Disagree, there are players in there that can/should be leveraged even if for squad purposes only.

The only players that are "done" really are Toby, Eriksen and Rose, perhaps add Aurier. Anymore you change over 3 to 4 windows.

If you get rid of 8 players and need to replace them, assume a 50% success rate (Poch has bought 26 players and still half the team predates him), so you are talking about 16 new players?

If it wasn’t just players

Mopo
Rose
Wanyama
Toby
Jan

Unless jan signs a contract

I would add a bonus of KWP so he can save his career

I can't say I've seen an improvement from him this season. I'd say that his performances have ranged between being a liability to mediocre. Along with Eriksen and Rose he's been one of our worst performers this season. Given the importance of fullbacks to our system replacing him has to be a priority.

I can't say I've seen an improvement from him this season. I'd say that his performances have ranged between being a liability to mediocre. Along with Eriksen and Rose he's been one of our worst performers this season. Given the importance of fullbacks to our system replacing him has to be a priority.

Maybe you don’t remember how poor he was defensively, constantly diving in, showing no composure. Granted that is still there but less so. He actually put in some reasonable performances and improved defensively. He’ll always have that rash streak, but while he’s here we should get behind him, as there has been signs of improvement for me.

In your terms he was constantly a liability in previous seasons. Mediocre I’ll take as an improvement.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Maybe you don’t remember how poor he was defensively, constantly diving in, showing no composure. Granted that is still there but less so. He actually put in some reasonable performances and improved defensively. He’ll always have that rash streak, but while he’s here we should get behind him, as there has been signs of improvement for me.

I support all Spurs players when they are on the field. I just think that getting an upgrade on him is a priority, it would probably be my first priority in January.

You don’t rate Foyth? I’m looking forward to seeing him get some games.

I do rate Foyth but I'd rather see him at CB. He seems to be our best option at RB currently but he's not a natural there.

Quality fullbacks are so important to our preferred system. We've gone from having the best in the league to discussing which is the least damaging. I'm sure that Sess will develop into a good LB but I doubt we'll see much of him there this season. A quality RB is urgently needed as we build our next team and it seems to be a position where we might be able to strengthen in January.

I do rate Foyth but I'd rather see him at CB. He seems to be our best option at RB currently but he's not a natural there.

Quality fullbacks are so important to our preferred system. We've gone from having the best in the league to discussing which is the least damaging. I'm sure that Sess will develop into a good LB but I doubt we'll see much of him there this season. A quality RB is urgently needed as we build our next team and it seems to be a position where we might be able to strengthen in January.

‘Best in the league’ is probably a retrospective thing. Or was accepted for 10 minutes.

Walker was berated for most of his time with us, and you just said Rose is a horror show. The team needs to bed-in and settle. FB is probably the most challenging position both an attacker and part of a defensive unit.

I think Foyth and Aurier could be okay for us this season if the side can get into form.

Poch needs to play the same team for a few games and get them to settle and develop. For me that is the biggest issue - rather than swap out players who we can’t sell.

‘Best in the league’ is probably a retrospective thing. Or was accepted for 10 minutes.

Walker was berated for most of his time with us, and you just said Rose is a horror show. The team needs to bed-in and settle. FB is probably the most challenging position both an attacker and part of a defensive unit.

I think Foyth and Aurier could be okay for us this season if the side can get into form.

Poch needs to play the same team for a few games and get them to settle and develop. For me that is the biggest issue - rather than swap out players who we can’t sell.

They best in the league when they were at their peak.

I agree that teams need to settle. Aurier is in his third season and came in as an experienced player. He hasn't managed to establish himself as first choice, can be very rash and his concentration is poor. It seems obvious to me that this is an area where we need an upgrade.

They best in the league when they were at their peak.

I agree that teams need to settle. Aurier is in his third season and came in as an experienced player. He hasn't managed to establish himself as first choice, can be very rash and his concentration is poor. It seems obvious to me that this is an area where we need an upgrade.

It was obvious (last season and over the summer). Now less so. Simply because we weren't able to sell him! As you said he's put in some 'mediocre' performances this season. Which compared to how he was is progress. Rose, Davies have been no better in a faltering side. As we can't sell him, lets hope he does develop. He's decent going forward, and Poch is trying to get him composed and aware in defense. He'll never be the most secure defender, but he can improve.

Back