• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Time to remove Lineker from the Hall of Fame?

He
Getting more and more anti-Tottenham as 2016 went on.

Tonight he went beyond the pale on 'Have I Got News For You' with the joke he read out.
"Some Leicester fans were seen swinging from lamp posts. Sadly some Tottenham fans were seen doing the same thing"
He’s a Leicester fan, i get it. He was still one of the best who played for us.

Stop being a snowflake

We are brick right now ..we have earned anything that gets thrown at us re performance ..

This is the suck it up princess time

We are brick right now ..we have earned anything that gets thrown at us re performance ..

This is the suck it up princess time

Have you missed the last 30 years of our time in the PL? We have always been brick and have always had to as you put it "suck it up". Poch was one of the few managers that succeeded in partially dispelling that narrative. He hasn't rid it completely though.

Have you missed the last 30 years of our time in the PL? We have always been brick and have always had to as you put it "suck it up". Poch was one of the few managers that succeeded in partially dispelling that narrative. He hasn't rid it completely though.

Sometime I try to forget the dark days .. not always successful

Most forums would cease to be if that was to happen.

Would that be a bad thing? As I've said before I love Spurs as much as my family (sad git) and I feel joy and disappointment with both in their struggled in life but I would never pour the bile I read on here on any member of my family. Players all make mistakes and form can go up and down but I don't believe any player would reach this level without the dedication, personal drive and the will to win.

Would that be a bad thing? As I've said before I love Spurs as much as my family (sad git) and I feel joy and disappointment with both in their struggled in life but I would never pour the bile I read on here on any member of my family. Players all make mistakes and form can go up and down but I don't believe any player would reach this level without the dedication, personal drive and the will to win.
t
Well as most folks on here know i think social media '(T wa t t er , facebook, and all the other ways of making fools of themselves) is mostly for m orons, sad sacks etc. Would it be a bad thing? not sure to be honest with you, its pretty fair on here though ( until we have a bad run :)).

I don’t think that’s true, shearer padded his stats in friendlies and also played in a much better team.

Shearer wouldn’t have got to double figures relying on Henderson.

I don’t think that’s true, shearer padded his stats in friendlies and also played in a much better team.

Shearer wouldn’t have got to double figures relying on Henderson.

Huh? How did you work that out?
You do remember Shearer retired before Sven's time right?

Euro 96 team was excellent, the 98 side was pretty decent as well, then that led to the “golden generation”.

Euro 96 team was good i guess; though you wonder how much of that semi-final run was based on home advantage.
The 98 side was solid, but had little ability to control a game's tempo from midfield IIRC.

I'd say overall the levels between those England sides and the side now under Southgate and the last year or two under Woy were very similar.
The Sven teams were better than Euro 96 imo, just more penalty bottle jobs.

I wondered if it was an attempt at humour (a lot of his tweets have an undertone) knowing he's also on the list and also intimating his goals were against stronger oppo.

However - it looks a bit baity and unnecessary.

It's a point that he regularly makes, normally about himself, that the break up of the Eastern Block has meant that there are lots of crappy small countries to play in qualification. Shearer's playing career spanned the creation of a lot of these countries, so it isn't as true of him as it is of Lineker.

For comparison. Here are Kane's England appearances/goals

https://www.englandstats.com/players.php?pid=1210

and here are Shearer's

https://www.englandstats.com/players.php?pid=860

Back