• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

So this begs the question - why is he even anywhere near the first team?

He should be banned from all of the training areas, from the stadium on match days, etc. Let the little clam rot for 18 months. Make him do all the charity events, make him do all the press events - fine him the maximum we can if he doesn't do them perfectly. Leave him out of anything that would result in image right payments. Don't give him access to any of the club's trainers, equipment, nutritionists, etc.

The club can't be held hostage by greedy little clams with an over inflated sense of self worth. We need to ensure nobody thinks they can take us for a ride and accepts the offers when they come in.

I think it Rose was say the last remaining non committed player, which he may well be next season if Toby, Eriksen etc all go, then we may well bomb him out. I don’t think we’re gonna do it though when he’ll still have a load of mates around the squad. And since we can’t bomb them all at this point, it’s up to them to start playing well.

I’m more interested in what this interview says, and how it challenges assumptions about who is playing for Poch, who is behind him, how the players are responding to the transition that’s happening. There’s so many moving parts, and there’s so much that we aren’t seeing.

They explicitly state he was asked about his form but chose to speak about his contract, and they quote him directly - I dont think theres much to be left to interpretation to be honest.

oh I do. I’ve seen these interviews before
I’ve worked with some press people and I’ve met others
I’ve also met Danny Rose a few times

like I said I didn’t it odd that the press officer didn’t step in, but maybe there wasn’t one there which again is odd

I’m more interested in what this interview says, and how it challenges assumptions about who is playing for Poch, who is behind him, how the players are responding to the transition that’s happening. There’s so many moving parts, and there’s so much that we aren’t seeing.

rose says he wants to play for Poch

gets reported as a rebel who wants to screw the club over

oh I do. I’ve seen these interviews before
I’ve worked with some press people and I’ve met others
I’ve also met Danny Rose a few times

like I said I didn’t it odd that the press officer didn’t step in, but maybe there wasn’t one there which again is odd

Would there be a club one on England duty?

Point is, regardless of spin - if there is any - he still gave all the ammo needed.

And given his prior form, Im inclined to think that this is far from an incidental twist of words for the sake of a clickbait headline.

Would there be a club one on England duty?

Point is, regardless of spin - if there is any - he still gave all the ammo needed.

And given his prior form, Im inclined to think that this is far from an incidental twist of words for the sake of a clickbait headline.

his form has fluctuated a lot
And no, there would be an England one though normally
Like I said earlier there’s a lot more positive ways to word the headline ... they all chose the negative one

Honestly I find these quotes more depressing than anything else at the moment. Rose seems the perfect example of our issues at the club - someone who’s been around here for ages, has wanted to leave, who isn’t playing well, and that we’re currently stuck with.

It does also lend evidence to the idea that Poch’s attempted solution to this problem is to go all out in making everyone feel part of the club/squad whilst they’re still here (hence him also continuing to play Eriksen). It’s like he’s so focused on harmony, commitment and loyalty, to our benefit in the past, that he can’t bring himself to take any other approach with these players. He did with the old guard when he first arrived, but that was different - he didn’t owe them any loyalty or have any relationship with them. I wish he would just tell Rose and Aurier that they have no future here, and tell Levy too, to make their departure more likely. I almost feel like he’s being too loyal for his own good.

Last edited:
They explicitly state he was asked about his form but chose to speak about his contract, and they quote him directly - I dont think theres much to be left to interpretation to be honest.

Easy as a journalist to pick where you put the quotation marks and which bits you include or leave out.

Not saying that's happened here, but I'm sure we've all seen instances of one interview being reported differently across different outlets.

I just wish he wouldn't use England duty to make noise about his club (although as @Bedfordspurs mentions above, the same words could be reported with a very different meaning, however I'm not convinced Rose was being quite so positive).

There is always the possibility that rose is getting his version event's in first before the shut storm in January.
He can now say "see I told you all brick was going to happen".

Our squad administration feels fragmented and amateur!
I can’t think of another club with our problems!
Not even Arsenal and Man U!

Our squad administration feels fragmented and amateur!
I can’t think of another club with our problems!

arsenal
Their players are crashing Cars, getting attacked by random people and fans
And can’t shift their highest paid player
Oh and they hate their manager and owner

arsenal
Their players are crashing Cars, getting attacked by random people and fans
And can’t shift their highest paid player
Oh and they hate their manager and owner

Considering they are not on the back pages as much!
Yes your right! Arsenal are also a mess!

agree
It’s all of that
* club won’t offer me a contract - fine I’ll stay then and leave when it’s up, Poch is playing me and I’m happy here
* no matter what happens you will report brick in the press - yep they do that all the time

Nothing wrong with his quotes other than it gives the usual faces who have a dislike for him something to moan about.

His form may have dropped off but he always gives his all, others could learn a thing orv wo from him.

Club have told him there's no long term future for him here but he wants to stay and work for the manager anyway - good on him i say.

We need a lot of new players! Add left back to CB, and possibly RB.

I guess it depends on Sessegnon. Will he play FB or further forward? Rose is clearly ahead of Davies who is a solid professional rotation option. The whole side have been off colour. Rose focusing on himself is the issue for me. With Eriksen, both CBs and now Rose on the 'I'm leaving on a free' it affects the squad's cohesion.

Have to question Rose's agent, his media management has been poor. He doesn't send a good message to prospective new clubs, or his own fans.

Back