• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

As someone who'd only seen a few cameo appearances for PSG and nothing of him at all in la liga it was an intriguing showing on Wednesday, I liked what I saw and want to see more of it!

If you had watched any of his Betis season, you would be expecting good things for us.

He was shocking. Same with others like Dier. He is so far off the pace of the Premier League that as I said before, he'll struggle to have an impact in England.

He was shocking. Same with others like Dier. He is so far off the pace of the Premier League that as I said before, he'll struggle to have an impact in England.

Uuuh, what? I thought he was our best man out there yesterday. Kept getting on the ball, kept trying to pass the ball forward, moved fast on the ball (as opposed to pretty much everone else bar Son), he was the only one really pressuring Sheffield U players when they crossed the midfield.

You need to take more water with your drink if that is what you really think.

Not really, I rarely drink and certainly not on a Sunday morning which is when I have to watch my Spurs games from the weekend (living in Melbourne). I watch every minute of every game and have supported them since 1987. Not judging players too soon is one thing and of course some players take a while to adapt to the pace of the premier league. I am however allowed to voice an opinion and have seen more than enough of Lo Celso in Spanish football and now England to say, this is not for him. He was woeful against Sheff Utd. Not sure how people think he was one of our better performers, he showed none of the supposed attributes we bought him for. Time will tell I guess.

Not really, I rarely drink and certainly not on a Sunday morning which is when I have to watch my Spurs games from the weekend (living in Melbourne). I watch every minute of every game and have supported them since 1987. Not judging players too soon is one thing and of course some players take a while to adapt to the pace of the premier league. I am however allowed to voice an opinion and have seen more than enough of Lo Celso in Spanish football and now England to say, this is not for him. He was woeful against Sheff Utd. Not sure how people think he was one of our better performers, he showed none of the supposed attributes we bought him for. Time will tell I guess.

he was the best player on the pitch IMO
Everything that was quality went through him
He looks up at every opportunity and is happy playing in tight spaces which is bloody rare

But your entitled to your opinion of course

I’ll add that I’m still not sure how you have seen enough of him in English football considering now be has played 155 minutes...

Fair comment but if you are saying that after watching him here ( how many minutes has he actually played?) that you can say with any certainty that he will struggle here i really do think you are jumping the gun quite a bit. But as they say Stop! Hammer time.

he was the best player on the pitch IMO
Everything that was quality went through him
He looks up at every opportunity and is happy playing in tight spaces which is bloody rare

But your entitled to your opinion of course

I’ll add that I’m still not sure how you have seen enough of him in English football considering now be has played 155 minutes...

This.

Than Le a Celso?
That deals done and then only reason it was a loan IMO was to avoid the OSG sell on

don't we have to be in European football to guarantee the loan to permanent move, we might not make Europa and he might not wanna stay esp if Poch gone

Tottenham can sign midfielder for €8m less in January – Club ‘convinced’ Spurs chiefs will bite

Tottenham will have the chance to sign Giovani Lo Celso permanently in January, for less than he will cost next summer.

Spurs completed the signing of Lo Celso from Real Betis in the summer transfer window after several months of protracted transfer talks.

Those talks were extended as a result of Tottenham’s attempts to drive down Lo Celso’s asking price and pay a more acceptable fee, at least for them.

In the end, they agreed on a loan deal for the 23-year-old, which includes an option to make the move permanent for €40m next year.

However, according to ABC Sevilla, they can save themselves €8m if they decide to activate that clause in the January transfer window.

The newspaper explains that in the agreement between the two clubs, there was a clause that stated the fee to sign him permanently changed depending on the date.

If Tottenham activate the purchase clause in January, they only have to pay €32m, with that price set at €40m in the summer transfer window.

Spurs have already paid €15m to sign Lo Celso on loan, and the newspaper says Betis are convinced that those in charge at Tottenham will ‘close the transfer’ in January to save themselves money.

It’s explained that Tottenham agreeing to buy early also benefits them.

They would not only receive money early but avoid ‘uncertainties’ that may make Spurs reconsider signing him in the summer.

It would also allow them to strengthen in January, something they are keen to do after a disappointing campaign.

Whether Daniel Levy is interested, remains to be seen, although he surely won’t pass up the opportunity to save money.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham...anuary-club-convinced-spurs-chiefs-will-bite/

Back