• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

No, not ambition, of knee-jerk “wantitNOW” reaction versus trust and observation. Have you noticed anything change at the club since 2015?
I have. I also noticed another massive change a year ago when it became abundantly clear we were brick without Dembele.

He's had over a year to fix that and we're still waiting.

The fact that Porch did so much good is why I've waited a year before losing patience. Any other manager should have been gone last Christmas.

I have. I also noticed another massive change a year ago when it became abundantly clear we were brick without Dembele.

The fact that Porch did so much good is why I've waited a year before losing patience. Any other manager should have been gone last Christmas.

Z9MfPEr.jpg

Course they should have, teams are always sacking managers at Christmas when they have them in the top two and on a record points haul for that point if the season.

Last edited:
Danny Rose organises Tottenham team-bonding meal as Mauricio Pochettino says it could help his side by '20 or 30 per cent

Danny Rose was one of the players who took the lead in planning the team-bonding meal Mauricio Pochettino hopes will help kick-start their season.

Seems like the players getting together to sort things out, rather than the manager, to me.

Might be a good sign of them taking responsibility.

Might be echoes of Chelsea, where the players got on with getting things done and the manager was irrelevant.

Poch must be grateful they are taking the initiative, someone has to.

Just shows a complete powershift at the club.
I remember when Levy and Poch invited Kane and Vertonghen for dinner. It was protrayed as a huge privilege for the players.
Now you have Poch turning up to player events like this looking like a teacher at the school disco.
What next? Him taking up Uno?

Z9MfPEr.jpg

Course they should have, teams are always sacking managers at Christmas when they have them in the top two and on a record points haul for that point if the season.
You know performances were terrible at that point. It took a while for the results to catch up with our brickness but our xG had been trending the wrong way for months.

Just shows a complete powershift at the club.
I remember when Levy and Poch invited Kane and Vertonghen for dinner. It was protrayed as a huge privilege for the players.
Now you have Poch turning up to player events like this looking like a teacher at the school disco.
What next? Him taking up Uno?

I have to agree this was an odd one, but for me, the comparisons between his first season and this one are becoming astounding, right down to wondering if Winksy will be the next Mason? This whole "Rose taking charge", whilst well-intended and positively pro-active, feels very much like when Poch let the dressing room vote for their captain and vice-captain; both were gone by the end of the season.

You know performances were terrible at that point. It took a while for the results to catch up with our brickness but our xG had been trending the wrong way for months.

Boy this is just embarrassing in the extreme. Ohhh I know, I'll mention xG, that always makes me sound like I know what I'm on about. fudging fraud.

Boy this is just embarrassing in the extreme. Ohhh I know, I'll mention xG, that always makes me sound like I know what I'm on about. fudging fraud.
It's not just me making that point. Anyone who sees football at a higher level than "man done kick ball" (admittedly a very long way from all football fans) has been able to understand that for a while.

If you'd like me to step you through the following graph, I can - just tell me which bits you don't understand:

Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Trendlines.png

It's not just me making that point. Anyone who sees football at a higher level than "man done kick ball" (admittedly a very long way from all football fans) has been able to understand that for a while.

If you'd like me to step you through the following graph, I can - just tell me which bits you don't understand:

Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-Trendlines.png

I don't disagree with the point that performances declined since the win at Chelsea the previous season pretty much but to have sacked Poch last Christmas would have made us a laughing stock.

We were second, ahead of Emirates Marketing Project, and we'd had 3 top 4 finishes in a row (and were on course for a fourth). There were a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Can you imagine the scorn if Levy released a statement saying:

"We're second in the league and still in the CL but we've decided that Mauricio, despite having us punching above our weight for 3 years, needs to be sacked because our xG has declined significantly". Come off it. I can buy the argument that he could be sacked now but 12 months ago? Behave yourself.

I don't disagree with the point that performances declined since the win at Chelsea the previous season pretty much but to have sacked Poch last Christmas would have made us a laughing stock.

We were second, ahead of Emirates Marketing Project, and we'd had 3 top 4 finishes in a row (and were on course for a fourth). There were a lot of mitigating circumstances.

Can you imagine the scorn if Levy released a statement saying:

"We're second in the league and still in the CL but we've decided that Mauricio, despite having us punching above our weight for 3 years, needs to be sacked because our xG has declined significantly". Come off it. I can buy the argument that he could be sacked now but 12 months ago? Behave yourself.
The point wasn't about sacking Poch last Jan - Poch is the guy who didn't and shouldn't get sacked because of all he's done for us prior to that.

My point was that A. N. Other manager, with no history with us and no achievements to show what he could do could have got sacked on the basis of the clear decline in performances.

To be fair to Poch he brought in NDombele this summer and it looks like he can go some way to replacing Dembele. I think the club were a little silly in letting Dembele go when we did. I don't know whether that was Pochettino happy to let him or Levy seeing the £11 million vs nothing in the Summer. While he was clearly not able to play as large a part as he did in previous seasons he probably would've been invaluable and perhaps worth wrapping in cotton wool and bringing him in for the bigger games in the latter part of the season.

The point wasn't about sacking Poch last Jan - Poch is the guy who didn't and shouldn't get sacked because of all he's done for us prior to that.

My point was that A. N. Other manager, with no history with us and no achievements to show what he could do could have got sacked on the basis of the clear decline in performances.

If Poch or whoever had been appointed last summer there is no way they'd have been sacked at Christmas when were second in the league even with the performances being a bit ropey.

To be fair to Poch he bought in NDombele this summer and it looks like he can go some way to replacing Dembele. I think the club were a little silly in letting Dembele go when we did. I don't know whether that was Pochettino happy to let him or Levy seeing the £11 million vs nothing in the Summer. While he was clearly not able to play as large a part as he did in previous seasons he probably would've been invaluable and perhaps worth wrapping in cotton wool and bringing him in for the bigger games in the latter part of the season.

There was the added irony that he actually seemed to be injury-free (for him)...I have not allowed myself to wonder how the CL Final might've been had he been an option...

Back