• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Nagelsmann is destined for Bayern -*any* coach they hire between now and about two seasons from now is just going to be keeping the seat warm for him. That was the plan with Kovac, but he turned out to be a busted flush. Same principle will apply to his replacement, though.

Bayern have identified him as a potential long-term, Ferguson-style dynasty-builder, and have made clear to him and to clubs considering him that they would like him in the job post Leipzig, provided he performs well and wins something with them.

Given all that, FootballFanCast's 'exclusive' about us getting him is comical. He was locked down for Bayern a long time ago. Like Timo Werner.

And, I'd like to ask, exactly what makes him better than Poch? He's won nothing, like Poch - and he's proven a good deal *less* than Poch while in an easier league.

Folks don't appreciate what we have sometimes - and sometimes I feel like the same folks who want to swap Poch put for an identical candidate in Nagelsmann will feel a bit jealous when half a dozen of the best clubs in the world rush to court Poch the minute we let him go. Which will assuredly happen - I don't think anyone in football has forgotten the job he did prior to 2019.

I think if we look at some of the results this season closely, it comes down to individual errors in key parts of the pitch where we simply need better players.

Emirates Marketing Project - so many responsible for these goals, but I have always tagged KWP for the first quite simply because he has to track the runner behind him on the back post. End of.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine H - Davo, playing as a left CB, caught out with ball over the top, Rose not covering properly, easy space to hit and cheap goal to concede. Alderweireld's position is terrible. WHO is he covering? Sissoko? Who also does not cover himself in glory. But make no mistake, Jan isn't out of position like Davo if playing because he's a leftie. I would add that Kane was denied a clear pen.

Arsenal - Again, Sissoko fails to clear properly, when Sanchez does we are lazy, and as the ball comes back in I have to wonder again who or what Toby is marking? Lacazette skips past Vertonghen, but Toby's position is utterly unhelpful. If someone can explain to me why he is where he is, I'm all ears. As for the secopmnd, another mistake as jan simply fails to track Auba and allows him in. I personally believe that by the application of the law this season, Kane should've had a pen but concede some disagree.

Soton - Lloris clanger. Aurier engages in gross stupidity. We survive.

Bayern - First goal, Ndombele slow to challenge Kimmich again. Second goal, Ndombele tried to DRIBBLE OUT OF THE PENALTY AREA in the final minute of the first-half!!!!!! Third goal - Aurier commits a form of football hari-kari...

brickon - Lloris clanger in the opening minute, compounded by serious injury. But that clanger is a clanger!

Watford - over the top of Rose, pinged back across where Toby is just too slow/caught flat earlier in the move.

Liverpool - same thing only tighter to goal. Rose caught out, Davo the left side CB out of position.

Everton - Toby WTF?

I appreciate that I am perhaps being harsh, and that faults for goals stem from a variety of issues, but I believe most of these are individual errors which either come from sloppy play lacking focus or having to play square pegs in round holes with regards to the left CB area.

There are a lot of points lost in those errors and situations, and all are (IMO) the result of transition and integration as much as anything else. We have also seen Kane and Sonny missing chances they don't usually miss. And in periods of these games, we have actually played some good football, albeit this is the first extended time we are playing without Eriksen which in itself is a major adaptation.

I still firmly, firmly believe we need to see this through and let Poch take 2.0. I like what SF Spur said, and hope that Levy makes a statement/commitment of loyalty and we will see if Poch will too. it would certainly shut the door on any rumors or unrest. I think that more than anything is vital right now.
I think just about any team can do that with any goal that they concede. If defending was perfect then a majority of games would end up at 0-0.

Nagelsmann is destined for Bayern -*any* coach they hire between now and about two seasons from now is just going to be keeping the seat warm for him. That was the plan with Kovac, but he turned out to be a busted flush. Same principle will apply to his replacement, though.

Bayern have identified him as a potential long-term, Ferguson-style dynasty-builder, and have made clear to him and to clubs considering him that they would like him in the job post Leipzig, provided he performs well and wins something with them.

Given all that, FootballFanCast's 'exclusive' about us getting him is comical. He was locked down for Bayern a long time ago. Like Timo Werner.

And, I'd like to ask, exactly what makes him better than Poch? He's won nothing, like Poch - and he's proven a good deal *less* than Poch while in an easier league.

Folks don't appreciate what we have sometimes - and sometimes I feel like the same folks who want to swap Poch put for an identical candidate in Nagelsmann will feel a bit jealous when half a dozen of the best clubs in the world rush to court Poch the minute we let him go. Which will assuredly happen - I don't think anyone in football has forgotten the job he did prior to 2019.
Haven't Leipzig also been amongst the big spenders in Germany?

I dont think its so much the case people expect him (or anyone) to be "better" than Poch, rather - its a clean sweep and fresh start which is increasingly looking necessary.

Its not the case of what Poch is capable of, we all know - its the case of whether or not Poch is going to be able to dig out of the current rut and show it. If he cant, then his potential is irrelevant.

And we know poch is capable of doing it in this league and within our parameters.
Can't say that about anyone else.

And we know poch is capable of doing it in this league and within our parameters.
Can't say that about anyone else.
Harry%20Redknapp

Funny enough Harry is probably one of the managers that I would be pretty convinced would do better if taking over this squad mid season.

That is the second post of yours i have agreed with today so far, i must be getting old. ;)

I think just about any team can do that with any goal that they concede. If defending was perfect then a majority of games would end up at 0-0.

I appreciate that. ‘Tis why I said this-
“I appreciate that I am perhaps being harsh, and that faults for goals stem from a variety of issues, but I believe most of these are individual errors which either come from sloppy play lacking focus or having to play square pegs in round holes with regards to the left CB area.”

Finney...your GG acct has been hacked!!!
I say that because Harry isn't really a manager who worries about systems and shapes too much. He would take our squad of talented players, put his arms around those who need an arm put round them, give a kick up the arse to those that need a kick up the arse. Make them all feel special and loved and tell them to go out there and beat the opposition.

It might not lead to sustained improvement over a long term but if Levy was pressing the panic button like he did last time when he got rid of Ramos then I have no doubts that Redknapp would improve results as he did back then.

It's the classic trade off really between whether we're looking short or long term.

Something in the water here today. I agree as well!

The current predicament feels a fair bit like 2008 to me. A MASSIVELY underperforming squad that’s been dialing it in since Feb in the league.

Redknapp would get the squad feeling good about themselves again and would plug the blatant weaknesses at full back like he did in defensive midfield (Palacios) 10 years ago.

It’s a short term fix and not a route I’d want to go down again, but I’m confident he’d get this squad playing better than we have done for the last 10 months.

I know it's impossible, but I'd take harry until the end of the season and for poch to come back refreshed and recharged after all the contract rebels have gone. shame that out of harry, levy, and poch, none of them would ever stomach it. the players literally need to just facking run about a bit anyway

Back