• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

There is no other man I want more than Poch to lead the transition into Tottenham 2.0. However, his constant flirtation with other clubs (even right before the Champions League Final) has unsurprisingly made many of our fans (and the players?) feel like his head is somewhere else and doesn't have as much commitment as we need from him.

I'd love to see Levy give him a new contract or get some sort of strong public commitment from Poch, so we know if we are going to persist w/ him through this rough patch, our loyalty will be reciprocated.

If not, it feels like we might be nearing the end, and the person I THINK Levy will pick will be Mourinho. And if he does, I will be excited about it b/c he's inarguably an incredible coach and a serial winner who knows how to win things and is already settled in London. Crucially, I also think hiring Mourinho would hint that we are looking to spend some actual, big-club money and are focusing on challenging at the top of the table.

Now this would be brilliant IMO. Well said. Then we'd get some real answers. Offer him an extension and offer genuine public support and appreciation. Great call.

Some good points in there. A few weeks ago, I was convinced he wanted out. Now, I'm not so sure. However, I don't think he'd just walk away from a compensation package. He didn't just leave Southampton, he moved to Tottenham.

You make a good argument on the run of form. However, performances have been similarly anaemic and results very similar to the end of last season so it's no surprise that people judge the decline as a whole rather than two different spells. It seems you're suggesting that we ignore last season and just judge him on this season's poor run. Personally, I disagree but whatever way you look at it, he's underachieving badly.

Last season we were in the title race until February and we had the best away record in Europe if I'm not mistaken. We've absolutely fallen off a cliff since then but, in my view, we were lucky to be there because performances had been ropey for at least 10 months at that stage (and I think some of the stats back that up).

I also never really took the WC as that much of a reason for bad form. I did think the lack of signings and the extra season at Wembley were a problem though. However, our form this season has made me wonder if I overstated it. Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, as long as he wants to be here, I'm happy for him to get time but the signs aren't good. He's either had two very bad spells or he's having one very long bad spell. If it continues for another couple of months, it'll be very, very difficult to make a case for him to stay. He needs a run of league wins very quickly.

I think if we look at some of the results this season closely, it comes down to individual errors in key parts of the pitch where we simply need better players.

Emirates Marketing Project - so many responsible for these goals, but I have always tagged KWP for the first quite simply because he has to track the runner behind him on the back post. End of.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine H - Davo, playing as a left CB, caught out with ball over the top, Rose not covering properly, easy space to hit and cheap goal to concede. Alderweireld's position is terrible. WHO is he covering? Sissoko? Who also does not cover himself in glory. But make no mistake, Jan isn't out of position like Davo if playing because he's a leftie. I would add that Kane was denied a clear pen.

Arsenal - Again, Sissoko fails to clear properly, when Sanchez does we are lazy, and as the ball comes back in I have to wonder again who or what Toby is marking? Lacazette skips past Vertonghen, but Toby's position is utterly unhelpful. If someone can explain to me why he is where he is, I'm all ears. As for the secopmnd, another mistake as jan simply fails to track Auba and allows him in. I personally believe that by the application of the law this season, Kane should've had a pen but concede some disagree.

Soton - Lloris clanger. Aurier engages in gross stupidity. We survive.

Bayern - First goal, Ndombele slow to challenge Kimmich again. Second goal, Ndombele tried to DRIBBLE OUT OF THE PENALTY AREA in the final minute of the first-half!!!!!! Third goal - Aurier commits a form of football hari-kari...

brickon - Lloris clanger in the opening minute, compounded by serious injury. But that clanger is a clanger!

Watford - over the top of Rose, pinged back across where Toby is just too slow/caught flat earlier in the move.

Liverpool - same thing only tighter to goal. Rose caught out, Davo the left side CB out of position.

Everton - Toby WTF?

I appreciate that I am perhaps being harsh, and that faults for goals stem from a variety of issues, but I believe most of these are individual errors which either come from sloppy play lacking focus or having to play square pegs in round holes with regards to the left CB area.

There are a lot of points lost in those errors and situations, and all are (IMO) the result of transition and integration as much as anything else. We have also seen Kane and Sonny missing chances they don't usually miss. And in periods of these games, we have actually played some good football, albeit this is the first extended time we are playing without Eriksen which in itself is a major adaptation.

I still firmly, firmly believe we need to see this through and let Poch take 2.0. I like what SF Spur said, and hope that Levy makes a statement/commitment of loyalty and we will see if Poch will too. it would certainly shut the door on any rumors or unrest. I think that more than anything is vital right now.

Last edited:
I think if we look at some of the results this season closely, it comes down to individual errors in key parts of the pitch where we simply need better players.

Emirates Marketing Project - so many responsible for these goals, but I have always tagged KWP for the first quite simply because he has to track the runner behind him on the back post. End of.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine H - Davo, playing as a left CB, caught out with ball over the top, Rose not covering properly, easy space to hit and cheap goal to concede. Alderweireld's position is terrible. WHO is he covering? Sissoko? Who also does not cover himself in glory. But make no mistake, Jan isn't out of position like Davo if playing because he's a leftie. I would add that Kane was denied a clear pen.

Arsenal - Again, Sissoko fails to clear properly, when Sanchez does we are lazy, and as the ball comes back in I have to wonder again who or what Toby is marking? Lacazette skips past Vertonghen, but Toby's position is utterly unhelpful. If someone can explain to me why he is where he is, I'm all ears. As for the secopmnd, another mistake as jan simply fails to track Auba and allows him in. I personally believe that by the application of the law this season, Kane should've had a pen but concede some disagree.

Soton - Lloris clanger. Aurier engages in gross stupidity. We survive.

Bayern - First goal, Ndombele slow to challenge Kimmich again. Second goal, Ndombele tried to DRIBBLE OUT OF THE PENALTY AREA in the final minute of the first-half!!!!!! Third goal - Aurier commits a form of football hari-kari...

brickon - Lloris clanger in the opening minute, compounded by serious injury. But that clanger is a clanger!

Watford - over the top of Rose, pinged back across where Toby is just too slow/caught flat earlier in the move.

Liverpool - same thing only tighter to goal. Rose caught out, Davo the left side CB out of position.

Everton - Toby WTF?

I appreciate that I am perhaps being harsh, and that faults for goals stem from a variety of issues, but I believe most of these are individual errors which either come from sloppy play lacking focus or having to play square pegs in round holes with regards to the left CB area.

There are a lot of points lost in those errors and situations, and all are (IMO) the result of transition and integration as much as anything else. We have also seen Kane and Sonny missing chances they don't usually miss. And in periods of these games, we have actually played some good football, albeit this is the first extended time we are playing without Eriksen which in itself is a major adaptation.

I still firmly, firmly believe we need to see this through and let Poch take 2.0. I like what SF Spur said, and hope that Levty makes a statement/commitment of loyalty and we will see if Poch will too. it would certainly shut the door on any rumors or unrest. I think that more than anything is vital right now.

I think we have to get back to basics and learn how to defend as a team again. That can be done quickly too
You cannot be ahead in as many games as we have (playing poorly too) and drop the points we have

I think we have to get back to basics and learn how to defend as a team again. That can be done quickly too
You cannot be ahead in as many games as we have (playing poorly too) and drop the points we have

I think the key point is "as a team"...I sense that Poch is trying to get the team to play as a team but sadly we are not for a few individual reasons. That even goes for upfront, where I am seeing selfish decision making outside the usual norms. The Trippier interview in The Guardian is scary, and BTW, fudge him for being so selfish last season!

I think the key point is "as a team"...I sense that Poch is trying to get the team to play as a team but sadly we are not for a few individual reasons. That even goes for upfront, where I am seeing selfish decision making outside the usual norms. The Trippier interview in The Guardian is scary, and BTW, fudge him for being so selfish last season!
I think he felt he had too for the sake of the team, same with Davies too

As part of that “back to basics” I’d like us to stop over playing it at the back, until we have the capability to actually do so. More importantly, Poch makes this clear to them.

It's impossible to talk about who we want in here without the Poch can-somehow-turn-everything-round-by-clearing-everyone-out-in-the-summer-and-Levy-will-bring-in-9-or-10-quality-players-after-finishing-mid-season dreamers bring the thread off topic to defend Poch. There's another thread for that.

It's impossible to talk about who we want in here without the Poch can-somehow-turn-everything-round-by-clearing-everyone-out-in-the-summer-and-Levy-will-bring-in-9-or-10-quality-players-after-finishing-mid-season dreamers bring the thread off topic to defend Poch. There's another thread for that.

Apologies mate, I hold my hand up to that. I do sometimes forget the thread I'm in! Thank GHod I'm not one of our full-backs with decision making like that!!!!

Now this would be brilliant IMO. Well said. Then we'd get some real answers. Offer him an extension and offer genuine public support and appreciation. Great call.

Mate, giving Poch a new contract is absolute madness and undefendable at any level

- It would reward gross underperformance (not a message this club needs right now)
- It would make us even more financially liable when he fails to turn it around

I still firmly, firmly believe we need to see this through and let Poch take 2.0. I like what SF Spur said, and hope that Levty makes a statement/commitment of loyalty and we will see if Poch will too. it would certainly shut the door on any rumors or unrest. I think that more than anything is vital right now.

I would actually give the individual errors theory some credit if as a team we played well in those games, but we didn't/haven't. Fact is we generally suck as a team AND give up individual errors

Contrast that to City's loss against Pool, City in general played well, first and last goals from Pool were errors (second was just a good goal), and Aquero and Jesus missed open goals, you can say just one of those days. We unfortunately are saying it's one of those years

When I read this thread I just think people are greatly underestimating exactly how bad our situation is, how far our performance has fallen.

So that's it then after 5 seasons? One season outside the top 4 and it's thanks, see you later?

And people claim they aren't entitled
I think that's harsh. It's been an extended period of mid table at best treasuries results and performances in the league.

We're currently fourteenth, though due to how close much of the table is the exact position is not really the issue. We're eleven points off fourth, twenty points off first and six points ahead of eighteenth. This league form started well before this season, but has now lasted for a third of the current season so far. Closing in on a full season's worth of games in total.

We could have been a point off fourth at the end of the season after a fairly impressive overall season and your statement would have been correct. It probably will prove correct this season, but if our poor form continues it will not accurately reflect what's been going on.

Anyway, getting this thread back on topic (given I was one of the people who dragged it off) can I ask why anyone believes Nagelsmann is the answer beyond the fact he is young, exciting and will work within the ENIC/Levy remit?

Anyway, getting this thread back on topic (given I was one of the people who dragged it off) can I ask why anyone believes Nagelsmann is the answer beyond the fact he is young, exciting and will work within the ENIC/Levy remit?

Sounds similar to Pochettino’s CV when he came to us!

Because he fits the Levy model that Poch was the latest iteration of (Ramos/AVB/Poch). I haven't watched much of Leipzig but his profile and tactical setup is very much of the Poch mould. He wouldn't be a terrible appointment on paper possibly a quite astute one.

Would he want to leave Leipzig to come here would be the better question I think. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Because he fits the Levy model that Poch was the latest iteration of (Ramos/AVB/Poch). I haven't watched much of Leipzig but his profile and tactical setup is very much of the Poch mould. He wouldn't be a terrible appointment on paper possibly a quite astute one.

Would he want to leave Leipzig to come here would be the better question I think. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Money and the delusion that the premier league is the best in the world

With reports that the players are sick of being overworked for 4-5 years another manager that will flog them on the training pitch isn't what will work.
Nagelsmann I suspect is like that.
Ancelotti is definitely a "the sauce is back on the table" Redknapp style man manager.
Mourinho is a no go. Leaves teams in a mess and blames players and the club in order to protect himself.

https://www.footballfancast.com/pre...ino-sacked-replacement-nagelsmann-daniel-levy

Exclusive: Spurs identify Nagelsmann as potential Pochettino successor
by Harry Sherlockshare

3 minute read 11/11/2019 | 12:00pm
The following article is a special report; all information presented has been gleaned from Football FanCast sources unless otherwise stated.

RB Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann has emerged as the top candidate to replace Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur if the Argentine leaves the club, Football FanCast has learned.

Spurs are in the midst of something approaching a crisis, having won just three times in the Premier League thus far this season.

Their 1-1 draw with Sheffield United at the weekend leaves them in the bottom half of the table and 11 points behind Emirates Marketing Project in fourth.

There is no suggestion that Pochettino’s job is in immediate danger but Levy is exploring his options should circumstances lead to the former Southampton manager’s departure.

Nagelsmann is 32 and has been with Leipzig for just five months, having previously managed Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga. His contract runs until 2023, meaning any deal to bring him to north London would likely prove expensive for Levy.

At his former club, the young manager guided Hoffenheim to the Champions League for the first time in their history and has Leipzig second in the top-flight, four points behind leaders Borussia Monchengladbach.

Sources familiar with Spurs’ recruitment have told FFC that Levy is “all over” Nagelsmann but they are also insistent that contact will only be made if Spurs’ form goes “belly up”.

Pochettino pleaded for time after the draw with the Blades, insisting that the club are currently in a transitional period.

“We are in the process to build and we will see if we have the time to build what we want.”

Sources have also said that this process is normal and that doing due diligence makes sense amid an alarming dip; Spurs have not won away from home in the league since January.

Pochettino’s side face a vital London derby after the international break, with a trip to West Ham United looming, before a game against Olympiacos in the Champions League.

If Spurs win the latter, they will qualify for the knockout stages, having reached the final last term.
Per Sky Sports, he said: “We need to find a balance. We are building a team when we play in the Champions League and the Premier League, the toughest league in the world. It is dangerous as situations like this can happen. You expect better results than you get.

Back