• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You mean the players who have openly said they want to leave, and or won’t sign a contract!!! That’s them making it clear they don’t want to be here. Don’t think they make it any clearer other than doing a dump in Pochs tea cup

No one has ‘openly’ said anything.
That is my point.
It’s all Chinese whispers and people on here jumping to conclusions or just plain making it up!

If your contract expires at the end of the season and you decide not to sign a new deal then yes I think it's fair to say you've decided your future is elsewhere. I don't think that's a reason to hold a grudge and many players in that situation have still been able to perform to a high level. Our issue seems much more that our manager isn't comfortable with their "lack of commitment" which as I say if that is the case he should have just bombed them out to the youth team from the get go.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I repeat!

That is my point.
It’s all Chinese whispers and people on here jumping to conclusions or just plane making it up!

That is my point.
It’s all Chinese whispers and people on here jumping to conclusions or just plain making it up!

I don't have a problem with that tbh as long as its made clear it's an opinion and not a fact.
Otherwise it just be sitting here listening to scara tell us how he is right, everyone else wrong and can he get his shoes to match his maserati.

That is my point.

Erisken has
Aurier has
Toby hasn’t signed a contract which everyone knows he was offered
Jan... not sure
Rose has made plenty of comments

I have that "a general dismay" having to watch us struggle against the likes of Brighton, Watford, Everton and Sheffield Wed.
I see nothing that encourages me to believe that the current management setup will change our fortune.
To hint that those who don't attend the games are more fickle and less deserving of their opinion is sad.

I think at this point mate that inference is on you. Billy made an observation based on his, err, observations (one I would back up personally). It doesn’t judge any type of support more than offer an opinion on which types of support seem keener on expressing/feeling certain opinions.

If your contract expires at the end of the season and you decide not to sign a new deal then yes I think it's fair to say you've decided your future is elsewhere. I don't think that's a reason to hold a grudge and many players in that situation have still been able to perform to a high level. Our issue seems much more that our manager isn't comfortable with their "lack of commitment" which as I say if that is the case he should have just bombed them out to the youth team from the get go.

“To the youth team”? And have their bricky attitudes infect the kids? No thank you.

Add Trippier too.

Would love to have the meat on the bones as to what he was actually hinting at!!

Interesting how much press The Guardian are giving him. Did you see today’s piece? It appears he was the centre of a lot of his own problems. I have to wonder how much the stadium delay disrupted last season?

paper talk in the main!
Let see what January brings!
I'm talking internally. If they haven't signed an extension then they have decided their futures lie elsewhere. Poch will know what's going and whatever is going on is clearly effecting him and the team. Or are you of the opinion that they might still sign on? The way things are going and the way it has affected Poch it will January will be too late.

Interesting how much press The Guardian are giving him. Did you see today’s piece? It appears he was the centre of a lot of his own problems. I have to wonder how much the stadium delay disrupted last season?

Pretty stunning that Trippier admits he could have taken himself out of the firing line by admitting he was more injured than he let on, but he didn’t do it. Admits he was selfish, didn’t think of the team, and didn’t want to lose his place even though he was making stupid errors.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Poch knew this at some point and was furious. I still remember Trippier holding his groin on the pitch after making an error, as if to excuse it. But not wanting to excuse it enough by getting off the pitch and letting someone else have a run.

Obviously this brings into the question of why Poch persisted. But if you trust your players and this is how they repay you, it would be unsurprising that he is royally fudged off. If this is only Trippier, and he is referring to bigger problems at the club, I don’t think we’ll ever know what really happened last season. Clearly something happened which is still affecting us now.

It also seems Poch is totally fudged off with N’Dombele after Saturday too. There is something there about injuries and not being honest about them, like it’s a big show of disrespect to a Manager that does everything to protect these players over the long term.

Really interesting that he was open about how N’Dombele basically affected the rest of the team. Again, when we talk about what is going on behind the scenes, and about players being in it for themselves rather than the team, this may be an indication.

No, I hadn’t - coincidence. I have now though.

This part jumped out at me - more dancing around handbags on whatever the issues were, sadly.

“Things happen,” the 29-year-old continues, and there is a long pause. “Injuries and other things happen …” Another pause. “… behind the scenes ... and your head’s not quite there. You’re still trying to do your best but things are not quite right and it’s an awful place to be. That was what it was like last season. I tried to put it right but ... like I said, I’m just happy that season is behind me and I’m in a new chapter of my life.”

If our medical team is paying any attention to “how injured” our players think they are, despite none of them being actual doctors themselves then what the fudge are we playing at?

Exactly right. How often, when Poch makes a baffling selection particularly around new signings, do I see "well Poch has all the fitness data for players so his decision is right." Yet now we're to believe that Trippier was playing hurt and Poch didn't know.

Come on lads, you can't have it both ways.

The Trippier stuff does stink that something was badly wrong at Spurs for him.

Back