• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Yes, he is wrong.
Or are you saying I don't care as much as you do?

Of course not, but what billy said as i did earlier there seems to be a split between those who want him out and those that think he deserves more time. Being at games ( like billy) i have seen none of this agenda to get Pooch out, where on forums there seems to be a lot of fans ( who do not go to games) want him sacked now.

And how does that observation equate to people caring more or not? (It doesn't)

I go home and away + europe, and have done for 20 years so and know scores if not 100s of people the go regular, have seen plenty of discontent at managers in the stands, right now there isn't any - more a general dismay at the situation.

I have that "a general dismay" having to watch us struggle against the likes of Brighton, Watford, Everton and Sheffield Wed.
I see nothing that encourages me to believe that the current management setup will change our fortune.
To hint that those who don't attend the games are more fickle and less deserving of their opinion is sad.

I have that "a general dismay" having to watch us struggle against the likes of Brighton, Watford, Everton and Sheffield Wed.
I see nothing that encourages me to believe that the current management setup will change our fortune.
To hint that those who don't attend the games are more fickle and less deserving of their opinion is sad.

I say again mate i do no believe that is what Billy or i said, over reaction by you is more like it.

Those who follow Spurs, fair weather or otherwise have equally worthy opinions.

I'd argue that the opinion of fairweather fans (i.e. fans whose support is contingent on the team doing well) is very much less worthy than that of fans who support the team regardless of results.
I don't class fans who spend time contributing to a forum like this as fairweather. Nor does it mean anyone is fairweather for wanting to see a change.

I don't believe @billyiddo is talking about people not caring or being less worthy - more an observation that there seems to be more patience with Poch from regular matchgoers.

Fair weather supporters are by their definition fickle - should you hold a fickle persons opinion in the same regard as someone who isn't?
Depends if they are deemed fickle because they don’t attend as many games as others for whatever reason!

in my experience also the fans at the stadium still seem behind the manager to turn it around

You may well be right. As I was leaving the ground all I heard was comments about dire we are, with SH1T being the word generally used. But there are clearly many fans who doubt that Poch can turn this round, and that number grows with every poor result . More important, do the players still believe in him? In my view the evidence of Saturday is that they don't. The general lack of urgency and intensity suggests players who lack confidence and belief, and while a new manager is no guarantee of success, a new leadership voice might just give the players the lift they need to refocus and work harder.

in my experience also the fans at the stadium still seem behind the manager to turn it around

You may well be right. As I was leaving the ground all I heard was comments about dire we are, with SH1T being the word generally used. But there are clearly many fans who doubt that Poch can turn this round, and that number grows with every poor result . More important, do the players still believe in him? In my view the evidence of Saturday is that they don't. The general lack of urgency and intensity suggests players who lack confidence and belief, and while a new manager is no guarantee of success, a new leadership voice might just give the players the lift they need to refocus and work harder.

I agree that is what is important above all else - Poch needs to have the backing of the core of players that are considered part of the future, lose that and his days will be numbered.

I agree that is what is important above all else - Poch needs to have the backing of the core of players that are considered part of the future, lose that and his days will be numbered.
This looks to be his biggest problem for me!
The majority of the senior group look indifferent!

This looks to be his biggest problem for me!
The majority of the senior group look indifferent!
I think that senior group are the problem
Their attitude is clearly not fit for purpose anymore
What I find funny is when people defend them saying it’s Poch... yet these are the players who want to leave us, not him!!!

I think that senior group are the problem
Their attitude is clearly not fit for purpose anymore
What I find funny is when people defend them saying it’s Poch... yet these are the players who want to leave us, not him!!!

That’s a huge jump to a conclusion!
Unless you have some insider info!

what that they want to leave?
They have made it clear by not signing contracts
Or that their attitude stinks? Would explain why poch didn’t play jan early in the season for exmaple

I do think if Poch has been finding the group who want away disruptive to his preparation and planning then he should have done what he did this week earlier and left them out entirely. With his half picking them then not selecting them then selecting them again he sadly only has himself to blame. It says that he himself doesn't know how to deal with them and that is obviously passing to the rest of the squad as well. I say that from angle that I don't actually have a problem with them playing as long as they perform to the required standard.

I'm not surprised Poch has found it difficult though because one way I would describe his management style is committed and if he is doubting the committment of some of his players it would understandbly leave him on uneven ground.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I do think if Poch has been finding the group who want away disruptive to his preparation and planning then he should have done what he did this week earlier and left them out entirely. With his half picking them then not selecting them then selecting them again he sadly only has himself to blame. It says that he himself doesn't know how to deal with them and that is obviously passing to the rest of the squad as well. I say that from angle that I don't actually have a problem with them playing as long as they perform to the required standard.

I'm not surprised Poch has found it difficult though because one way I would describe his management style is committed and if he is doubting the committment of some of his players it would understandbly leave him on uneven ground.

I think he is too nice with them

what that they want to leave?
They have made it clear by not signing contracts
Or that their attitude stinks? Would explain why poch didn’t play jan early in the season for exmaple

I wouldn’t right off any player!
I think with correct leadership we can get tune out of all of them!
We must be very cautious as to whom we discard.
I don’t hold with all this talk of “rebels” etc.

You mean the players who have openly said they want to leave, and or won’t sign a contract!!! That’s them making it clear they don’t want to be here. Don’t think they make it any clearer other than doing a dump in Pochs tea cup

Of course not, but what billy said as i did earlier there seems to be a split between those who want him out and those that think he deserves more time. Being at games ( like billy) i have seen none of this agenda to get Pooch out, where on forums there seems to be a lot of fans ( who do not go to games) want him sacked now.
I suspect if one were to poll the IQ of attending football fans Vs the rest of the country there would be a similar division.

If your contract expires at the end of the season and you decide not to sign a new deal then yes I think it's fair to say you've decided your future is elsewhere. I don't think that's a reason to hold a grudge and many players in that situation have still been able to perform to a high level. Our issue seems much more that our manager isn't comfortable with their "lack of commitment" which as I say if that is the case he should have just bombed them out to the youth team from the get go.

Back