• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Completely fair.

The question becomes, at which point is that gamble preferable to just waiting to see if Poch can turn it around?

A west ham defeat will bring things to a head.

Trouble is if this is going to go on till next summer, I'm not sure by then fans will give a monkeys any longer.
I got two youngsters who are not bothering to go to the next game.

Last edited:
A west ham defeat will bring things to a head.

Trouble is if this is going to go on till next summer, I'm not sure by then fans will give a monkeys any longer.
I got two youngsters who are not bothering to go to the next game.

Ask this question what happens next summer?

A: He stays and it probably carries on before be goes this time next year.

B: He goes in the summer anyway so why throw a season with this squad and whole lot of players at their peak.

It’s reaching the point where I almost think those defending him are doing it based on pure emotional sentiment.

Are we really going to use Evans finally having a good season at 31 as anything other than it's long over due.
Let's face it

Leicester is indeed an interesting example, how long ago did they sack their title winning manager and how many managers have they had between then now?

So it's not as easy as sack the manager and watch us rise.

Does not compute with some fans.

Ask this question what happens next summer?

A: He stays and it probably carries on before be goes this time next year.

B: He goes in the summer anyway so why throw a season with this squad and whole lot of players at their peak.

It’s reaching the point where I almost think those defending him are doing it based on pure emotional sentiment.

Well speaking for myself and the group i travel with too games you could not be more wrong in that. We feel that he has done so much good work over the last 5 years that now we are having a bad time he deserves time to put it right.

Its may be it does not happen but one of the sad things in football ( always has been) is that a lot of fans think sacking managers is the answer to everything, and i have seen a lot of managers sacked here over the years and its not.

Well speaking for myself and the group i travel with too games you could not be more wrong in that. We feel that he has done so much good work over the last 5 years that now we are having a bad time he deserves time to put it right.

Its may be it does not happen but one of the sad things in football ( always has been) is that a lot of fans think sacking managers is the answer to everything, and i have seen a lot of managers sacked here over the years and its not.

It seems to be mostly the fair weather fans or ones that don't go to games that have turned, as in my experience also the fans at the stadium still seem behind the manager to turn it around

Leicester are really not a fair example to be picking, them winning the league was frankly the biggest overachievement in the history of football, when they sacked Ranieri the next season they were back just about where they should have been based on that overall squad, since then they have swooped up some excellent young talent pretty much all of which was at Puel’s disposal and not their previous managers, Rodgers has gone there and got them playing on par, they are second in the league because basically every other team you would expect to be up there is underachieving/rebuilding or in City’s case defensive injury crisis.

So who is a good example?
Everton? How many managers and how much cash since moyes?
Southampton? How many managers since adkins, the best of which we poached.
Arsenal? A new manager who knows how to win things and already the vultures are circling.
What about Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland or even west ham?
It can't be man u, totally different profile to us as are city and Liverpool.

I have no problem with people saying that they want poch out, I don't agree, but hey we ay our money we make choices.
I do have issues with the narrative that it will be an instant and lasting improvement.

I see we have reached the 'only those who go to matches care' stage of the decline.

It’s fudging pathetic, l, I have been going to marches since the early 90s, I haven’t been to any match because of health issues since March and having a op in July, being off work and bored to death in the actual reason I joined this place, but hey I guess that really means fair weather.

And what happens at games is a different scenario in all these years despite the brick I have never called for a manager or players head at a match because we are there to support the team, sticking your head in the barrel and pretending nothing is wrong and justifying it by trying to take the fudging moral high ground “I’m better than you” is a load of gonad*s, you would like little girls on a school playground

So who is a good example?
Everton? How many managers and how much cash since moyes?
Southampton? How many managers since adkins, the best of which we poached.
Arsenal? A new manager who knows how to win things and already the vultures are circling.
What about Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland or even west ham?
It can't be man u, totally different profile to us as are city and Liverpool.

I have no problem with people saying that they want poch out, I don't agree, but hey we ay our money we make choices.
I do have issues with the narrative that it will be an instant and lasting improvement.
Exactly how I feel mate.

You said people who don't go to the games are those who want Poch out!
You know this how?

And how does that observation equate to people caring more or not? (It doesn't)

I go home and away + europe, and have done for 20 years so and as a result know loads of people that go regular and have seen plenty of discontent at managers in the stands,
Graham, Hoddle, Redknapp, AVB all had sections of the ground turn against them and right now there isn't any of that towards Poch - more a general dismay at the situation. IMO fans at the ground will turn on the players and (wrongly) on Levy before they do the manager

Last edited:
Back