• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane has been very up & down this season.
He was also very very poor against Watford to the point where you do wonder if he's trying.
On the flip side I'd say he's played pretty well at Anfield & the Emirates and in the 3 home victories.

With that in mind I don't think its a lack of effort its the fact we have major issues progressing the ball to the top end of the pitch where Kane can exert influence.

Kane has been very up & down this season.
He was also very very poor against Watford to the point where you do wonder if he's trying.
On the flip side I'd say he's played pretty well at Anfield & the Emirates and in the 3 home victories.

With that in mind I don't think its a lack of effort its the fact we have major issues progressing the ball to the top end of the pitch where Kane can exert influence.

This .. if you took Kane, Son and Lucas and put them in Pool's front line, I have no doubt they would match our exceed Pool's current output.

This .. if you took Kane, Son and Lucas and put them in Pool's front line, I have no doubt they would match our exceed Pool's current output.

The demise of our full backs is definitely playing a part. The delivery from wide areas is inexcusable. Players that train most of the week should be able to hit the little area between the 6 yard box and penalty spot. We're lucky to see a couple of dangerous deliveries per game.

The demise of our full backs is definitely playing a part. The delivery from wide areas is inexcusable. Players that train most of the week should be able to hit the little area between the 6 yard box and penalty spot. We're lucky to see a couple of dangerous deliveries per game.
Pools full backs get around 35 assists a season!!!!!
I think I may even be low with that number
Ours get maybe 5 or 6

My take on Kane is as follows: he is a trying to change his game, and this is having an effect on the whole team's pressing capability.
It is a truism that pressing starts from the front, and the press has to involve everyone, or at least the front group to start with. This over the last 5 years or so has been especially true with Spurs, and has been led by Kane. However, since his latest (which was by no means the first) ankle injury, it seems to me that he doesn't lead the press, and even if he does press, he doesn't press closely enough to block a pass. I put this down to a recognition on his part that if he continues playing the way he used to, he is going to cut short his career. This to me is why he drops deeper far more than he did previously. He has ceased to lead from the front and is trying to create from deeper and arrive late. This can come across as a reluctance to get involved, but I feel that he is trying to evolve his game to something safer but equally, or more, productive, and he hasn't got there yet.
If you add to the change in Kane the lack of stability in the squad, with Eriksen yearning for Spain, Alderweireld happy to run down his contract, Rose wanting to leave, then wanting to stay, and making political statements which are not a help to the club, Wanyama hitting a brick wall, Lloris becoming progressively less reliable, three new signings who have hardly been available as a result of injuries, Foyth not being available until months into the season, Dier being a shadow of his former self due to illness and consequent injuries, Davies coming back from a major long term injury which he played through all last season, Aurier wanting to leave then wanting to stay, sometimes playing well but always lacking discipline, being an accident waiting to happen, Alli struggling with hamstring injuries for the last season or more, Pochettino predicting at the end of last season that this year would be the start of a painful transition, but adding to the instability by comments about nearly leaving at the end of last season, and then making a lot of negative and defensive comments, and making some curious selections, odd substitutions, changing formations, and never playing the same team twice as he struggles to rebuild, it is a wonder we are not bottom of the League. I think this is all part of the painful process he predicted and that things will get better, but who knows? If, heaven forbid, Gazzaniga gets an injury, then we will be as Harry Redknapp used to say, down to the bare bones.

Sorry, I think this whole thing about Kane wanting Poch out is rubbish.

If there was anything in this it would be all over press.

I concur, I do however think he will want out in the summer.

I would agree with all the above, rumours are ten a penny during the season ( especially when any team is struggling) if there was any truth in them they would be in every paper by now.

But i could see Kane maybe wanting a move in the summer to a club where he would win something.

The other thing is, just how much actually leaks from the club?

I mean, we barely even announce player signings these days, and when it comes to rumours we are buttoned down tighter than Levy in the transfer window.

I can completely understand players being disillusioned right now. It is pretty clear Poch is (was?) as well. I think last season really put the doubt into them all.

I can believe Kane is fed up, or wants more from management, or has complaints. And its no surprise its not come out - if it is true - because of the nature of both him and the club.

Having complaints and wanting more from the situation is healthy; I agree with him if that is the case (hope it is). I think a possible truth is that the likes of Kane, Poch and Lloris saw last season that we needed some new elements and instead have to still accommodate players who wanted to leave. It is messy for sure, but I don’t believe Kane is leading a mutiny. And if he was, I’d expect the manager to drop him!

Not only that it absolutely effects elements if pressing game. Having said that, he needs to show more than Saturday.

My take on Kane is as follows: he is a trying to change his game, and this is having an effect on the whole team's pressing capability.
It is a truism that pressing starts from the front, and the press has to involve everyone, or at least the front group to start with. This over the last 5 years or so has been especially true with Spurs, and has been led by Kane. However, since his latest (which was by no means the first) ankle injury, it seems to me that he doesn't lead the press, and even if he does press, he doesn't press closely enough to block a pass. I put this down to a recognition on his part that if he continues playing the way he used to, he is going to cut short his career. This to me is why he drops deeper far more than he did previously. He has ceased to lead from the front and is trying to create from deeper and arrive late. This can come across as a reluctance to get involved, but I feel that he is trying to evolve his game to something safer but equally, or more, productive, and he hasn't got there yet.
If you add to the change in Kane the lack of stability in the squad, with Eriksen yearning for Spain, Alderweireld happy to run down his contract, Rose wanting to leave, then wanting to stay, and making political statements which are not a help to the club, Wanyama hitting a brick wall, Lloris becoming progressively less reliable, three new signings who have hardly been available as a result of injuries, Foyth not being available until months into the season, Dier being a shadow of his former self due to illness and consequent injuries, Davies coming back from a major long term injury which he played through all last season, Aurier wanting to leave then wanting to stay, sometimes playing well but always lacking discipline, being an accident waiting to happen, Alli struggling with hamstring injuries for the last season or more, Pochettino predicting at the end of last season that this year would be the start of a painful transition, but adding to the instability by comments about nearly leaving at the end of last season, and then making a lot of negative and defensive comments, and making some curious selections, odd substitutions, changing formations, and never playing the same team twice as he struggles to rebuild, it is a wonder we are not bottom of the League. I think this is all part of the painful process he predicted and that things will get better, but who knows? If, heaven forbid, Gazzaniga gets an injury, then we will be as Harry Redknapp used to say, down to the bare bones.

Good overview mate.

Pools full backs get around 35 assists a season!!!!!
I think I may even be low with that number
Ours get maybe 5 or 6

Just seen on Twitter TAA and Robertson 30 between them since the start of last season. Obviously that doesn’t include any from Milner/Gomes etc when they’ve filled in.

That’s obviously a huge outlier from other clubs but I’d be happy with just asking some consistent questions. The Trippier sale is looking more and more costly as the weeks roll by.

I know Poch had high hopes for Foyth but from what I’ve seen he looks in the Corlucka mould to me. I could be wrong.

We should be doing serious scout work in these areas. I put a guy on one of the pre season threads - Hakimi who is a Madrid player on loan at Dortmund. Got absolutely no chance of getting him now - he’s absolutely flying. Maybe he was unavailable anyway but there has to be talent out there.

This is really worrying. Worse than average at most points, no better than slightly above average at his best stats now. And it's not just the rest of the team not delivering. If Kane was still playing good, at least some of the stats should show that.
What is baffling me, is that he's stopped shooting at sight, like he used to. Now he's taking too many touches and hesitating all the time.

Just seen on Twitter TAA and Robertson 30 between them since the start of last season. Obviously that doesn’t include any from Milner/Gomes etc when they’ve filled in.

That’s obviously a huge outlier from other clubs but I’d be happy with just asking some consistent questions. The Trippier sale is looking more and more costly as the weeks roll by.

I know Poch had high hopes for Foyth but from what I’ve seen he looks in the Corlucka mould to me. I could be wrong.

We should be doing serious scout work in these areas. I put a guy on one of the pre season threads - Hakimi who is a Madrid player on loan at Dortmund. Got absolutely no chance of getting him now - he’s absolutely flying. Maybe he was unavailable anyway but there has to be talent out there.

foyth has come On a few times at RB and attacked better than most I’ve seen
He also allows us to play the wonky we used to, with 3 at the back shifting
That could allow sessegnon to play LB
The issue is we don’t have any LCBs

He did v Everton tbf but didn't have the pace to get back in to position and was caught out a lot as result - am interested to see Sess there long term and know we require a LCB so...

Davies is suffering the same confidence issues everyone else is and IMO is getting caught out coming central waaaay to often
He was massively guilty of it this weekend
He has to decide where he will play now IMO

Davies could defo do a job LCB in a 4. My only worry then would be you’d have Sess bombing on from LB leaving Davies makeshift in a 4. I think the best use of those 2 would be 3 at the back with Davies Left of the 3 and Sess LWB although I’m not a fan of that system really - especially as we have no natural RWB.

Back