• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If 80% of them are going through the motions, then Poch is not doing it right. The majority have been brick.

Well i am not sure i or anyone suggested that is was 8O% of them. It only takes a few and it eventually spreads to more. What i have noticed from the stands that in several games this season i have seen our players making good runs but not receiving the ball, after that happens on a few occasions those players stop making those runs.

Sheffield UTD
Bournemouth
Burnley
Brighton
Palace
and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are all above us 12 games into the season.

That right there is fudging shocking, 11 points off of the top 4. Never in a million years are we getting into that top 4 this season.

But i thought one of the most mentioned moans about Poch is how he keeps changing the team on a week to week basis?. Now none of us REALLY know what is going on but maybe he keeps making changes because he can see that some of the players are going through the motions.

It’s been the core base of players, certainly the CM area which I think is our main issue.

Exactly, there some weird myth on this forum whereby Liverpool just hoof the ball or have a crap midfield and it's nonesense. I'm obviously no Liverpool fan but the quality of their football is so obvious that I can only think it is the writings of bitter Spurs superfans who can't see what is in front of them.

In addition to that Liverpool have the 2nd highest possession stats in the league.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Just to correct an assertion here. I think you are still holding on to what I said about Fabinho being a great holding midfielder as meaning I was saying they had a crap midfield?

I think once again we saw that with Fabinho and Winaldjum they have a great smothering midfield presence who dominate and manage to get the ball to the FBs/front three bery very quickly! No-one I know thinks they are crap, but they play a very effective, crisp, fast and dynamic style which revolves around strength and pace. I think that is fair comment. Their second goal yesterday was brilliant, their first not bad either but that second...wow...

It’s been the core base of players, certainly the CM area which I think is our main issue.

surely the issue is when playing well we defended form the front forcing teams into mistakes
That has gone completely
We currently have a team that cannot hold a lead
We have only taken the lead twice and scored the next goal first I think (palace and arsenal)

we have taken the lead and dropped points in just under half our games

That has to be a huge thing around mentality or lack of

surely the issue is when playing well we defended form the front forcing teams into mistakes
That has gone completely
We currently have a team that cannot hold a lead
We have only taken the lead twice and scored the next goal first I think (palace and arsenal)

we have taken the lead and dropped points in just under half our games

That has to be a huge thing around meteorology or lack of

The push came from midfield - Kane etc stepped up and the cm followed - when ever forward players engage with defenders there is a massive hole in the middle.

We have no real protection from the Midfield, nor are they good at keeping the ball under pressure which leads to more chances.

I saw a stat on sat that Winks/Sissoko/Dombele made one tackle between them and zero interceptions.

It isn't mate .. it isn't a lack of a DM or Eriksen's form, or bricky FBs

- You don't lose to Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton, Colchester, etc. because of our midfield or backline or the squad

This is the problem with this narrative of poor Poch and how our spending is the problem, I'd buy that if we were 5th/6th with a gap to the other top sides, we are not, we are 12th in a death spiral. This side isn't even operating at half it's fudging potential far less par performances.

The Pool/City game yesterday was a shock to watch (yes, there were individual errors on each side), we are so far away from either of those sides, we are so far away from the type of attacking play both of them are capable of for extended periods.

The push came from midfield - Kane etc stepped up and the cm followed - when ever forward players engage with defenders there is a massive hole in the middle.

We have no real protection from the Midfield, nor are they good at keeping the ball under pressure which leads to more chances.

I saw a stat on sat that Winks/Sissoko/Dombele made one tackle between them and zero interceptions.

the press was always started by the attackers
Then the defence and midfield moved up
There are some great videos showing it
I think the attack feels like they don’t know what to do currently
You cannot start a press from behind your attack....

2F5B3831-0B5D-4F56-9ABD-DE244B0D6A97.png 03D0A3E6-E84E-4139-9B55-DC78DF965B71.png

This shows that they pressed and attacked sooo much more than us

@Bedfordspurs the thing about your post is the squad comparison

- Does anyone think Sheffield's manager wouldn't swap squad for squad without a second thought? (and his team is way above ours now)

There literally isn't a player in that squad that should be a bench option for us … fudging depressing ..

One thing to note is just how much our lack of strong FBs and a left-sides CB is killing us right now.

Good FBs and our CMs can play tighter and more aggressively, a proper Jan/left-sides CB and we can play out from the back/play long balls with proper options. It is killing us IMO, and when Sessegnon is fit hopefully some of it will be resolved (do we go 3 at the back with Foyth/Davo/Davies until Jan gets fit when Sess is in?)..:

Regardless, the fact remains that Kane needs to step up and lead by example. His ambling around is terrible to see, his decision making
had been poor and he has generally looked well off it. We need him!!!

This is true and furthermore, our poor FBs are helping this problem (explained from my perspective in another post).

I will say that the final 15 mins saw some good stuff start to happen IMO. And I thought Winks had a good half!

It isn't mate .. it isn't a lack of a DM or Eriksen's form, or bricky FBs

- You don't lose to Burnley, Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton, Colchester, etc. because of our midfield or backline or the squad

This is the problem with this narrative of poor Poch and how our spending is the problem, I'd buy that if we were 5th/6th with a gap to the other top sides, we are not, we are 12th in a death spiral. This side isn't even operating at half it's fudging potential far less par performances.

The Pool/City game yesterday was a shock to watch (yes, there were individual errors on each side), we are so far away from either of those sides, we are so far away from the type of attacking play both of them are capable of for extended periods.

One being true does not make the other false - Poch mismanaging the situation does not mean our spending and lack of first team improvements over a prolonged period are not hugely contributing factors also

@Bedfordspurs the thing about your post is the squad comparison

- Does anyone think Sheffield's manager wouldn't swap squad for squad without a second thought? (and his team is way above ours now)

There literally isn't a player in that squad that should be a bench option for us … fudging depressing ..

No not at all. The thing about my post is work rate, and knowing what and when to do things
They were things were we exceptional at with the system and work rate covering over quality issues

Back