• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

We do know
Their meteorology isn’t enough to get things over the line as BIG players
And Evans didn’t start under previous managers
It was mainly Maguire and their captain whose name I can’t remember

Evans isn't important he is just an example!
We need to stop blaming the players we need new purpose!
We must now make some tough decisions because we can't slip any further in the league, we lose to west ham and Pochettino will be on his way.

I don't accept that it should be year one again.

Poch is not a new manager.

The idea one team dies, then you need to set about building a new one, and have to accept writing off a season to do so - is utter nonsense imho

When you accept it is a unique one-off circumstance brought about by the lack of transfer funds during the prolonged stadium move rather than something which we will be looking to repeat every 3 or 4 years then it becomes quite easy to get to grips with.

When you accept it is a unique one-off circumstance bought about by the lack of transfer funds during the prolonged stadium move rather than something which we will be looking to repeat every 3 or 4 years then it becomes quite easy to get to grips with.

I don't accept that either. It's the maguffin, the catch all excuse, and another - imo - that doesn't absolve Poch anywhere near as much as people seem happy to accept.

One year not signing players simply doesn't excuse the entire collapse of the team, imo

We must now make some tough decisions because we can't slip any further in the league, we lose to west ham and Pochettino will be on his way.

Tough decisions are being made, it will take time to tell if they are right or wrong.

Unless wham hammer us (no pun) I doubt poch is going anywhere.

I don't accept that either. It's the maguffin, the catch all excuse, and another - imo - that doesn't absolve Poch anywhere near as much as people seem happy to accept.

One year not signing players simply doesn't excuse the entire collapse of the team, imo

I'm not sure that anyone is trying to excuse the current situation. What I see is people trying to understand how we got here. I agree with @billyiddo that the summer of 2018 is one of the main reasons. We failed to move on players that the manager no longer wanted and have deteriorated further since. This meant that we didn't have funds or places in the squad for new additions. By not rebuilding from a position of strength, we have given ourselves a far bigger and more critical job to do now.

I'm not sure that anyone is trying to excuse the current situation. What I see is people trying to understand how we got here. I agree with @billyiddo that the summer of 2018 is one of the main reasons. We failed to move on players that the manager no longer wanted and have deteriorated further since. This meant that we didn't have funds or places in the squad for new additions. By not rebuilding from a position of strength, we have given ourselves a far bigger and more critical job to do now.

All well and good if you overlook the fact that outside of those players there is still the quality remaining to be far better than we have been.

Under a manager that after 5 years should have everyone purring, on point, knowing their job. A manager who should have been rotating and blooding These players more deliberately for exactly this kind of situation.

The players are massively to blame
Their not suddenly poor players
They get away with murder at every club and the manager gets canned but it’s the players who haven’t performed

I don't accept that it should be year one again.

Poch is not a new manager.

The idea one team dies, then you need to set about building a new one, and have to accept writing off a season to do so - is utter nonsense imho
Maybe but that’s the way football goes now

How many of the current Leicester first 11 won the league only 4 seasons ago... 2 I think
And that was when we were arguably our best side
Team either evolve or fall back
We haven’t evolved so are having to do a BIG catch up and in a short period
And the team doesn’t die....

All well and good if you overlook the fact that outside of those players there is still the quality remaining to be far better than we have been.

Under a manager that after 5 years should have everyone purring, on point, knowing their job. A manager who should have been rotating and blooding These players more deliberately for exactly this kind of situation.
Rotation is a massive issue
We never played the same side twice
I can pick citrus side, pool side, Chelsea’s side, Leicester side and maybe be 1 player out
You cannot even work out what Poch thinks our best defence is right now

All squads need refreshing and teams evolve. I think that we would be in a far stronger position now if we had done similar business in the summer of 2018 as we did this summer.

Rotation is a massive issue
We never played the same side twice
I can pick citrus side, pool side, Chelsea’s side, Leicester side and maybe be 1 player out
You cannot even work out what Poch thinks our best defence is right now

Which is one of the fundamental issues I have.

Why is the manager scrambling around trying to find something that works when, really, he should bloody know

Im sorry mate but if there's anyone trying to find a catch all excuse it's yourself and others with the answer to everything being the manager, whereas the opposition to that view are explaining the multitude of external factors that have contributed to where we currently are. There is no one figure of blame it's a culmination of many things that have happened over the last few seasons that has brought us to where we are.

Im not just referring to the one summer/year where we didn't sign anyone, it's also the 2 or 3 years/seasons prior where we operated at a net spend of 0 and in turn meant we decided to stick with players running down their contracts as opposed to moving them on - it's all contributed to where we are with the squad atm and stems from the stadium move/finances - which was the point of my response, to highlight that you didn't need to accept that we'd need to rebuild the team every 3 or 4 seasons, it's unique to now. Going forwards you would have to imagine that with the financial constraints lessened we will be able to recruit as and when we see fit, similar to the teams we compete with.

Last edited:
All squads need refreshing and teams evolve. I think that we would be in a far stronger position now if we had done similar business in the summer of 2018 as we did this summer.

I think Poch is using this as free pass/excuse this season, our performances are just disorganised and haphazard at times!
Poch was saying midweek apparently saying something along the lines of ”he will be able to tell more about his situation when is not employed by us” Unbelievable IF true! this was mention on Sky yesterday!

Last edited:
Of course. But one single year without buying simply shouldn't be so catastrophic.

ESPECIALLY when the manager has been in place 5 years

I don't think that how long the manager has been in position has any bearing on it, other than much of the squad being there for much of that time and being in need of refreshing.

The impact of that summer was that it happened at the moment when the rebuilding should have begun. Delaying it gave us a bigger and more pressing job to do.

What really convinces me that Pochettino has big problems was Dier yesterday!

He just sat there and watch us struggle yesterday!

Back