• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Did either of those two have a shot ?
Everything for me they did well cans against our full backs
Mcgoldrick scored their disallowed goal and I recall Mousset having what looked like a goal bound shot blocked by I believe Sanchez. I'd have to watch again to confirm but we never seemed to have any sort of control over them, they drifted into that space between CB and FB effortlessly and we never seemed to react to it until it was too late.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Mcgoldrick scored their disallowed goal and I recall Mousset having what looked like a goal bound shot blocked by I believe Sanchez. I'd have to watch again to confirm but we never seemed to have any sort of control over them, they drifted into that space between CB and FB effortlessly and we never seemed to react to it until it was too late.

Yeah they did
They started central then went widen
And the goal that wasn’t doesn’t count IMO was it was offside

Between him and Davies they never got a handle on Mousset or Mcgoldrick. He was forever finding the ball in dangerous space feel from the attention of any defenders. Mousset has good movement he virtually had the run of our box for 90+ minutes. It was quite fortunate neither he nor Mcgoldrick capitalised more from the opportunities they crafted.

Dier looked rusty again today, gave the ball away several times from the back which broke any fluidity we were trying to build. Got caught with the wrong body shape for Mcgoldrick’s disallowed goal. That said people have been moaning about Rose’s defending but Davies offered very little help to Dier today.

Dier is rusty and needs game time. Poch tactics... Too much space no pace behind. Davies... He must be the poorest players out there. Not all on Dier.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yeah, tough for Dier trying to regain match sharpness after 11 months of illness whilst also being played in an unfamiliar position.

What with Vertonghen missing so many matches this season, our lack of another senior left-footed centre back is slightly concerning; unless Davies is going to shift over and Sessegnon rotates with Rose at LB / LWB.

I’d have to see the stats back but form where I was he had a few miss kicks but no more
75% success rate. Not great, and probably seems worse as he had more of the ball than anyone else on our team.

Tellingly he had precisely the same pass success rate as Davies and Gazzaniga - I suspect this is mainly down to most of the press coming from that side and Son/Ndombele playing more advanced than Lo Celso/Sissoko.

75% success rate. Not great, and probably seems worse as he had more of the ball than anyone else on our team.

Tellingly he had precisely the same pass success rate as Davies and Gazzaniga - I suspect this is mainly down to most of the press coming from that side and Son/Ndombele playing more advanced than Lo Celso/Sissoko.
It’s possible
I genuinely thought Davies was atrociously bad, and somehow gets away with it. He didn’t help his centre backs and he didn’t stay out wide to deal with their wing backs. Another player who has lost any confidence

It’s possible
I genuinely thought Davies was atrociously bad, and somehow gets away with it. He didn’t help his centre backs and he didn’t stay out wide to deal with their wing backs. Another player who has lost any confidence
Not another one:D

The players who aren't playing are our 'saviours' .....

Then when they play we realise their bang average as well.

No matter which way we turn it's sideways or backward steps only......bit like our passing:D

Not another one:D

The players who aren't playing are our 'saviours' .....

Then when they play we realise their bang average as well.

No matter which way we turn it's sideways or backward steps only......bit like our passing:D

Davies has played two games in the league B2B and we have looked shoddy down his side
The guy can be great... he’ll 2 seasons ago he was IMO the best in the league that year
But right now he is lost trying to be a CB and a. LB in the same game

It was not Dier best game but he was not the only one who struggled, difference being is that Dier has suffered with illness for over a year and has missed a lot of game time and training. Jesus give him a break as he is one of our player who looks like he gives a brick at the moment.

Seriously? Did you not see him pass it straight to the opposition on at least 8 occasions?.... He is fudging useless!

I would like to see the stats but completely agree with you. He passed it to the opposition at least 8 times. Absolutely useless performance. I get that Poch has players to be managed like Toby and Eriksen but putting Toby on the bench and letting Dier essentially pass it to Sheff Utd for 90 minutes makes no sense. I'd have subbed him at half time.

I would like to see the stats but completely agree with you. He passed it to the opposition at least 8 times. Absolutely useless performance. I get that Poch has players to be managed like Toby and Eriksen but putting Toby on the bench and letting Dier essentially pass it to Sheff Utd for 90 minutes makes no sense. I'd have subbed him at half time.
Gave it away a lot but also passed to our players more than anyone else.

Every game is on TV.

Ok noted. Didn't know that was the case in England for 3pm games. Either way Dier was essentially unable to find a Spurs player with what seemed a majority of his passes out from central defence which meant Sheff Utd were constantly pressing us in our third.

Ok noted. Didn't know that was the case in England for 3pm games. Either way Dier was essentially unable to find a Spurs player with what seemed a majority of his passes out from central defence which meant Sheff Utd were constantly pressing us in our third.
There are ways to watch all games, no matter where and when...

In the first half Sanchez on his stronger foot and Sissoko dropping back on his stronger foot refused to pass it forward. The sequences of passes when playing out from the back was always Sanchez 8 yards sideways to Sissoko who played it sideways to Dier on the left. And Dier was the one who had to play it forward with his weaker foot.

The statistics obviously don't show this. Of course Sanchez passing stats looked much better as he played it safe and slowed the entire game.

Sanchez will always be a weak point that the opposition can let have the ball knowing he isn't gonna pass forward properly. Same as he was at Ajax in that Europa League final.

Yet he will be one here next season.

Back