• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I really dislike the phrase "lost the dressing room" - I think it's lazy. But watching us yesterday, lacking any intensity, players choosing the safe option...I'm not sure Poch is able to motivate the team any more.

One thing that worries me about Poch building a new team, how does he suddenly get everyone to work harder and press more as soon as we've gotten rid of the "bad apples"? He has let standards slip, you don't just flip a switch and everything is back to the way it was.

One thing that worries me about Poch building a new team, how does he suddenly get everyone to work harder and press more as soon as we've gotten rid of the "bad apples"? He has let standards slip, you don't just flip a switch and everything is back to the way it was.

Exactly. The same underlying faults remain.

Also, he has brought 26 players to the club during his tenure and only a very small number have been successes. Even those previously believed to be successes such as Dier, Wanyama, Toby, Dele and Sanchez are playing like mere shadows of their former selves. The big question is, going forward, can Poch be trusted with our transfer budget?

After Brighton, I wanted Poch out and saw the international break back then as the opportune moment but I saw no movement from Levy and thus reconciled myself to him staying and working it out.
After yesterday I sadly have returned to my initial conclusion. There is a seismic shift between the players and Pochettino and 'his team' things are longer working.
I thought the Bayern result was a freak but no longer, we were have struggled badly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leicester, Brighton, Watford, Everton and yesterday Sheff U. We are now a midtable team.
Something has to 'be changed' we cannot just let this drift and slide and do a drop into our past obscurity.

Levy must be seeing that getting into the knockout round of the CL as his main target there can be no other conclusion.
Meaning he has to some extent given up on top four and also more than likely Europa.

Very sad times.

I think as a businessman, Levy must be concerned about 'brand Spurs ' at the moment.
Obviously not as much as most of us!
But seriously, by binning Poch, he is going to need another way forward 'long term' and I don't see 'a Mourinho' sticking plaster very 'Levy'.

Empty seats all around me yesterday. Levy will soon start thinking when the numbers start falling
Also I seem to have different people sitting around me every week, that combined with the football being played is making it different to create an atmosphere, was never like that at WHL especially for a Saturday 3pm. (I’m in the lower section of the Park Lane)

I wonder if this is a hangover from Wembley where people got used to picking and choosing their matches, especially if they can recoup some of the ST cost?

Absolutely a concern. Some players will be gone regardless, but what about the players that could be a part of our future success that currently aren't performing, when will Pochettino get them performing?

Another thing that worries me is this.

There is a rather consistent argument forming that the players are knackered and can no longer be what Poch requires, so we need to buy more (I've seen as many as 7 suggested) in order for Poch to build another team and presumably get back to our best.

Thing is, the core of the team is 27ish, prime years in any other set up.

If it's true the players are knackered, is that not rather damning of Pochs set up/process/demands?

Players at 27 are toast, which means every few years we need a whole new team?!

There's no plan anymore
It's just throw random players at random formations every game and hope something works
Meanwhile have played in a while becomes the one the fans think will come in and put everything right

Without CL football and huge wages what players will actually join in the summer. We'll struggle to bring players in with how picky Poch is.

If love for Poch to turn it all around but when's the last time a manager had done this after being 4+ years at a club having experienced a huge slump like this?

There's no plan anymore
It's just throw random players at random formations every game and hope something works
Meanwhile have played in a while becomes the one the fans think will come in and put everything right

Without CL football and huge wages what players will actually join in the summer. We'll struggle to bring players in with how picky Poch is.

If love for Poch to turn it all around but when's the last time a manager had done this after being 4+ years at a club having experienced a huge slump like this?
Most managers never get to 4+ years....so the sample size is tiny.

Another thing that worries me is this.

There is a rather consistent argument forming that the players are knackered and can no longer be what Poch requires, so we need to buy more (I've seen as many as 7 suggested) in order for Poch to build another team and presumably get back to our best.

Thing is, the core of the team is 27ish, prime years in any other set up.

If it's true the players are knackered, is that not rather damning of Pochs set up/process/demands?

Players at 27 are toast, which means every few years we need a whole new team?!

Especially since every semi final or final loss was excused with the line “The players are young and are learning.” So surely they should now be reaching that winning level which has eluded us so far?

Back