• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, I’d say he’s odd enough to play a young centre half in midfield. After all, we had to sit and watch with horror on multiple occasions last season as Danny Rose was deployed in central midfield !!!
It's really not that strange a thing to do, it happens quite often as a slow introduction. I really wouldn't be against seeing Foyth tried as a DM for a while. His passing range and execution is better than Sissoko, his tracking of runners will e better (none existent with Sissoko) and he's very good when squared up 1 on 1.

His introduction into midfield yesterday made a lot of sense, it would have just made more sense if he had been subbed for Sissoko instead of Dele.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

With the players at his disposal currently. Wouldn't it make more sense to play Davies there . Maybe in a three with Dier and Sanchez. Then we could play with two primarily attacking wing backs such as Sess on the left and Aurier/Foyth/KWP on the right.

This would solidify our frail central defence and allow much greater attacking freedom to our wingbacks to do what they do best.

Two problems solved with one tactical change and getting players in their more natural positions,

I don’t disagree with Davies filling in but am
not a fan of three given that we don’t have the FBs to do it. So he is somewhat trying to deal with it albeit not satisfactorily...0

I heard an interesting story yesterday. After the CL final, the players arrived back in the UK in the early hours. For some inexplicable reason, Poch called a training session that day even though the season was over. This tinkled off many players and made them feel he had lost the plot. His authourity has never recovered.

I don't know if this is true ir not , but it would help to explain some things about the unsettled atmosphere at the club.

It's really not that strange a thing to do, it happens quite often as a slow introduction. I really wouldn't be against seeing Foyth tried as a DM for a while. His passing range and execution is better than Sissoko, his tracking of runners will e better (none existent with Sissoko) and he's very good when squared up 1 on 1.

His introduction into midfield yesterday made a lot of sense, it would have just made more sense if he had been subbed for Sissoko instead of Dele.

Fair enough. I’d be massively against it. The last thing I’d do now with the side floundering is bring a young, inexperienced centre back cum right back into central midfield.

He would make mistake after mistake like he does in defence, and all we could say would be “ah he’s young, he’s learning his trade, not his fault” as we get tacoted by the likes of Burnley and drop further down the league.

We should be experimenting by playing solid formations with round pegs in round holes.

I heard an interesting story yesterday. After the CL final, the players arrived back in the UK in the early hours. For some inexplicable reason, Poch called a training session that day even though the season was over. This tinkled off many players and made them feel he had lost the plot. His authourity has never recovered.

I don't know if this is true ir not , but it would help to explain some things about the unsettled atmosphere at the club.

According to Steff the club were that sure of Poch leaving they were actively sounding out replacements.

If there's any truth to that, there's all the explanation needed for everyone being unsettled.

Fair enough. I’d be massively against it. The last thing I’d do now with the side floundering is bring a young, inexperienced centre back cum right back into central midfield.

He would make mistake after mistake like he does in defence, and all we could say would be “ah he’s young, he’s learning his trade, not his fault” as we get tacoted by the likes of Burnley and drop further down the league.

We should be experimenting by playing solid formations with round pegs in round holes.
I hear you and ordinarily you'd want to blood him into the DM under better circumstances but we are in desperation mode right and our DM is certainly not position we have a round peg for.

Unless Wanyama is able to recover his prime physicality then we really really need to try something different because Sissoko nor Winks work in the the defensive aspect (or any aspect really [emoji38]).

I don’t disagree with Davies filling in but am
not a fan of three given that we don’t have the FBs to do it. So he is somewhat trying to deal with it albeit not satisfactorily...0

Not my favoured set up either. However with Sess and ( in particular ) Aurier I think we do have the full backs for it to work. Wasn't Aurier's assist record at PSG particularly impressive and one of the main reasons we bought him?

According to Poch himself, he didn't travel back with the players, but took the train to his home in Barcelona.

I thought Poch went straight on holiday to Spain after the Final, not even going back to the UK with the team.
But that might be wrong as well.

is it just me? Or are we steadily going backwards?

Sadly we all know that it is the truth. Brilliant players, poor team, recipe for -at absolute best - several places above the bottom 3

Yes, currently I am confident there are 3 teams worse than us in the league, although one of them did get a point against us a few weeks ago and should have won.

If we keep regressing by the week, the matches v Norwich and Southampton are going to be massive must-wins, and the matches v West Ham will be 'Cup finals' for us as well. Its getting that bad

Yes, currently I am confident there are 3 teams worse than us in the league, although one of them did get a point against us a few weeks ago and should have won.

If we keep regressing by the week, the matches v Norwich and Southampton are going to be massive must-wins, and the matches v West Ham will be 'Cup finals' for us as well. Its getting that bad

Watford are showing signs of improvement...

Last week the claim was poch went straight to his home in Barcelona and the team home on their own.

Jumped in before reading.

Not my favoured set up either. However with Sess and ( in particular ) Aurier I think we do have the full backs for it to work. Wasn't Aurier's assist record at PSG particularly impressive and one of the main reasons we bought him?

Aurier is fudging awful and Sess has played most of his top flight football further forward.

Can all the posters putting Sheffield in bold or quotation go and look at their results and league position and come back and explain to us why we should beat them?

Back