• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Yep, just watching again now on fullmatchesandshows. It is after 10mins and 10secs of the match, he hobbles about and holds his groin and sits down for a bit.

We play a free-falling Spam after the break - they are as awful as we are, maybe more so.

West Ham was his first game with us, and was a summation of all that would be wild and wonderful in the years to come with Poch. An up and down game, chances conceded, chances created, lots of bustle, down to ten men, and then Eric Dier, of all people, was played in by Kane and slotted home to give us a 1-0 win. It was an amazing show of spine and bravado by a young side and a young center-back starting his first game (at right back!), and a glimpse into what would become hallmarks of Poch sides in the years to come - youth, energy and raw belief in the face of adversity.

I miss the energy of those days. And the optimism of that first win, under the warmth of an August sun. In a different era, at what was for all intents and purposes, a different club.

But, regardless, this is the time we are now in. And he needs to win that game. No more excuses, no more talk about how difficult it is, how much of a job the rebuild is, how negative everything is....just win that game. Please.

I think he is praying for another scrap in the changing rooms like he had with Kane and Mason on ade and Kaboul...
not sure anyone in the current side would kick off with anyone anymore though

Levy wont sack Poch as there is no hope of another manager making up the massive gap to the top 4, unless our shambolic form continues and we are then dragged into a relegation fight.

With CL already gone Levy will give Poch time due to the outstanding job he has done prior to this season, to have these two windows coming up and then see how next season starts.

Im minded to feel the same but just wish nonsense like starting Dier over Toby (especially considering the fitness levels of both) and Foyth for Dele, Lucas for 5 mins, not getting Sessegnon on for Davies.... well this dreadful in game management really needs to stop.

The one exception to all this is how much does Levy want mourinho. We know he’s had a serious hard on for him before and he may feel he is capable of causing a shock and actually winning the CL itself.

But even then could it cost near 40m to fire and then hire these two men? If so I dont see Levy doing it on the very long shot that mourinho could win the CL.

So unless we are dragged into a relegation fight, Poch wont be going anywhere until if and when we are in a similar position next season.

Levy wont sack Poch as there is no hope of another manager making up the massive gap to the top 4, unless our shambolic form continues and we are then dragged into a relegation fight.

With CL already gone Levy will give Poch time due to the outstanding job he has done prior to this season, to have these two windows coming up and then see how next season starts.

Im minded to feel the same but just wish nonsense like starting Dier over Toby (especially considering the fitness levels of both) and Foyth for Dele, Lucas for 5 mins, not getting Sessegnon on for Davies.... well this dreadful in game management really needs to stop.

The one exception to all this is how much does Levy want mourinho. We know he’s had a serious hard on for him before and he may feel he is capable of causing a shock and actually winning the CL itself.

But even then could it cost near 40m to fire and then hire these two men? If so I dont see Levy doing it on the very long shot that mourinho could win the CL.

So unless we are dragged into a relegation fight, Poch wont be going anywhere until if and when we are in a similar position next season.

I agreed on the chances of a sacking until very recently. But the league form is so bad, and we are becoming so much of a bad joke, that I think Levy might act pretty soon. There is too much to lose long term to stand by and watch it all continue to disintegrate.

We play a free-falling Spam after the break - they are as awful as we are, maybe more so.

West Ham was his first game with us, and was a summation of all that would be wild and wonderful in the years to come with Poch. An up and down game, chances conceded, chances created, lots of bustle, down to ten men, and then Eric Dier, of all people, was played in by Kane and slotted home to give us a 1-0 win. It was an amazing show of spine and bravado by a young side and a young center-back starting his first game (at right back!), and a glimpse into what would become hallmarks of Poch sides in the years to come - youth, energy and raw belief in the face of adversity.

I miss the energy of those days. And the optimism of that first win, under the warmth of an August sun. In a different era, at what was for all intents and purposes, a different club.

But, regardless, this is the time we are now in. And he needs to win that game. No more excuses, no more talk about how difficult it is, how much of a job the rebuild is, how negative everything is....just win that game. Please.

beautiful mate, amen.

Back