• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

I think that we're more likely to see outgoings than incomings. Clearing the deadwood and signing a right back, is the best that we can hope for, I think.
Genuinely doubt we’ll do much of either sadly.

Which is a joke as we clearly urgently need circa 4 in and 4 out for starters.

Didnt Levy tell the trust we didn’t sign more in the summer window due to cash flow and that we therefore needed more our first? In which case, we’re pretty shagged.

Cant see Toby, Jan or tGoCE agreeing to go no when they are so close to the window they’ve been coasting to for ages.

We knocked back £10m for Rose from Watford, which now looks a stinker of a deal! Only really Wanyama and Aurier who could go I guess, but that isn’t going to raise Dybala or Atal type funds. :-(

Didnt Levy tell the trust we didn’t sign more in the summer window due to cash flow and that we therefore needed more our first? In which case, we’re pretty shagged.

Cant see Toby, Jan or tGoCE agreeing to go no when they are so close to the window they’ve been coasting to for ages.

We knocked back £10m for Rose from Watford, which now looks a stinker of a deal! Only really Wanyama and Aurier who could go I guess, but that isn’t going to raise Dybala or Atal type funds. :-(
No levy told the trust the exact opposite I believe
He said we have funds which we clearly have now
And the issue remains with selling players.... they don’t want to be here but remarkably don’t want to accept the offers when they come.

And the issue remains with selling players.... they don’t want to be here but remarkably don’t want to accept the offers when they come.
Did we get any offers for the wantaway 3?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Did we get any offers for the wantaway 3?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
The ones who can leave on a free??
Not that I know of officially. There was talk of athletico wanting Eriksen
The club accepted an offer for wanyama
Not sure what was and wasn’t agreed for Rose
Aurier had no offers for him that was reported either

that’s 6 lumps of dead wood that believe their better than they are yet no one else wants them.... odd isn’t it

Eriksen, Toby and Jan are probably in for rude awakenings when they walk on frees next year. They may find big clubs to settle into, but I'm betting all three of them will end up being rotation players at best - they simply are not as good as they thought themselves to be this summer.

As for the others, it's different with them - Wanyama is clinging on for dear life because the only way is down for him, and turning down the Belgian offer means he will likely sit and see out his contract here, because there will not be another offer for him. Aurier wanted to leave, but for some reason, we kept him and didn't sign anyone to replace Trippier. Rose...I have absolutely no idea.

I agree with the idea that we won't see major outgoings/incomings in January, because the situations that caused these players to stay will not have cleared up. The best we can do is permanently banish Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Aurier, Wanyama and Rose to the reserves and consistently pick the youth to play ahead of them...but that would risk massive dressing room unrest.

It would be like 2014/2015, but different because, unlike last time when Kane et al were the young bloods being promoted past underperforming first-team players they had little professional connection with...this time, it will be half of that group being banished while the other half (Alli, Kane, Dier et al) are retained. These players grew up together, and it's probably going to be hard for them to see their colleagues treated that way. Even if it would be the best thing to do for the club's sake.

Difficult situation. I don't think it's anyone's fault, but I think we took a gamble with Toby, Jan and Eriksen in particular that didn't work out - we thought they would extend, and they didn't. And we are paying for that now. I can't see an easy way out of it.

I largely agree with you @DubaiSpur.

I suspect that part of the reason for Eriksen's appalling form is that his ego has taken one hell of a bruising. He clearly thought that the Spanish giants were interested in him this summer and no interest materialised, even when it was clear that we would sell him for a reduced fee. I think that a move to Germany looks more likely now.

There has been some talk of interest in Italy for both Alderweireld and Vertonghen. Depending on the club, I could see them both doing well out there and playing for a few more years.

Maybe Danny Rose's best chance of his much wanted move back up north is to follow in the footsteps of another Spurs fullback who thought he was too good for us and join Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Eriksen, Toby and Jan are probably in for rude awakenings when they walk on frees next year. They may find big clubs to settle into, but I'm betting all three of them will end up being rotation players at best - they simply are not as good as they thought themselves to be this summer.

As for the others, it's different with them - Wanyama is clinging on for dear life because the only way is down for him, and turning down the Belgian offer means he will likely sit and see out his contract here, because there will not be another offer for him. Aurier wanted to leave, but for some reason, we kept him and didn't sign anyone to replace Trippier. Rose...I have absolutely no idea.

I agree with the idea that we won't see major outgoings/incomings in January, because the situations that caused these players to stay will not have cleared up. The best we can do is permanently banish Toby, Jan, Eriksen, Aurier, Wanyama and Rose to the reserves and consistently pick the youth to play ahead of them...but that would risk massive dressing room unrest.

It would be like 2014/2015, but different because, unlike last time when Kane et al were the young bloods being promoted past underperforming first-team players they had little professional connection with...this time, it will be half of that group being banished while the other half (Alli, Kane, Dier et al) are retained. These players grew up together, and it's probably going to be hard for them to see their colleagues treated that way. Even if it would be the best thing to do for the club's sake.

Difficult situation. I don't think it's anyone's fault, but I think we took a gamble with Toby, Jan and Eriksen in particular that didn't work out - we thought they would extend, and they didn't. And we are paying for that now. I can't see an easy way out of it.

Can’t argue with any of this
I think we what we have with jan and Toby is actually reasonable and I still think we will offer Jan a contract
To have Toby here as long as we have had on the same contract is great business too as he has IMO got worse over time and has less resale value despite the hype
Eriksen was a tricky one as we don’t know what his team said behind the scenes
But again, 6 years service for £11m... And it’s clear he holds the cards so IMO now feck him
Wanyama... again your spot on
Rose I genuinely feel sorry for. Never said he wants to go and appears to be trying which is more than Eriksen for example
Aurier I had great hopes for but the guy isn’t quick and doesn’t appear to have any stand out features other than the brain fart every game
That’s a whole defence to replace
Just hope that Poch knows a good defender when he sees one

Players like Dybala don’t join relegation threatened clubs.

This downward trajectory is going to seriously impact the sort of players we can attract.

We need at least three new defenders before next season as well as a DM and an attacking player. IMO we need one or two done now in January. We don't need to sign established stars, that's never really worked for us. If we have any promising talent in our sights, be brave and get them now. Don't scout them for two years and pay three times as much in the end.

We need at least three new defenders before next season as well as a DM and an attacking player. IMO we need one or two done now in January. We don't need to sign established stars, that's never really worked for us. If we have any promising talent in our sights, be brave and get them now. Don't scout them for two years and pay three times as much in the end.

Agree but we also need the brick out of the club to make room
It’s why I think buying younger players is better as their more tolerant and patient

Agree but we also need the crap out of the club to make room

Levy may think it's cheaper and more effective to change the management team.
I do now.
Yesterday was beyond woeful!

I give Leicester City who look like Emirates Marketing Project compared to us. Look how Mr J Evans is performing at 31yo, so don't right off Jan and Toby
Our players are not all over the hill. Poch new players are dreadful fitness-wise.

Last edited:
Won’t make those players stay or play
And their all old now

See my Jonny Evans addendum

We need to stop ignoring the elephant in the room and stop using the players being poor as an excuse. There is too many all off-colour all at the same time IMHO

Levy may think it's cheaper and more effective to change the management team.
I do now.
Yesterday was beyond woeful!

I give Leicester City who look like Emirates Marketing Project compared to us. Look how Mr J Evans is performing at 31yo, so don't right off Jan and Toby
Our players are not all over the hill. Poch new players are dreadful fitness-wise.
When I suggested Evans I was laughed at...

You need the right players with the right mindset

Ours “rebels” don’t have it hence why they haven’t won things

Evans at 31 finally showing some semblance of the hype is not the answer.
Wasn't before and sure as biscuits isn't now.

As for rodgers, he won loads at celtic, everything he could, but regularly got pumped in Europe (as he did with pool) and jump before he was pushed because the dressing room was turning against him.

Back