• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watching their (allowed) goal again, it is crystal clear that a left side CB is vital. I would think one of the reasons Sessegnon won't play in games like today is that throwing him in without a left-sided CB there just adds to the pressure? Just a thought. Dier and Davies both get caught covering the wrong man but tragically Davies then tries to get back out rather than stay inside and let Dier try to close that gap down. I think it stems from non-natural left-sided CB...

Watching their (allowed) goal again, it is crystal clear that a left side CB is vital. I would think one of the reasons Sessegnon won't play in games like today is that throwing him in without a left-sided CB there just adds to the pressure? Just a thought. Dier and Davies both get caught covering the wrong man but tragically Davies then tries to get back out rather than stay inside and let Dier try to close that gap down. I think it stems from non-natural left-sided CB...
Honestly, just thought Davies was really poor defending and attacking today

Are you watching game of the day on Sky? Dele looked absolutely p1ssed and shocked to get the hook, and watching the preceding 10 mins in which he made 4 clean passes behind their defence you can understand why. Such a strange sub.

I know this move evolved quickly because of the quick 1-2 in the build up but what the fk is going on with the marking.

We’ve gone 5 at the back and Davies (now LWB) has managed to get dragged into a LCM position with Dier and Davinson free.

Ironically the person who was doing a fair amount of leg work out that way and could have closed him down quicker was Dele.

Attachments

• 7EF32E34-16A5-434B-AACB-B14FD739F6F0.png
    7EF32E34-16A5-434B-AACB-B14FD739F6F0.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
I know this move evolved quickly because of the quick 1-2 in the build up but what the fk is going on with the marking.

We’ve gone 5 at the back and Davies (now LWB) has managed to get dragged into a LCM position with Dier and Davinson free.

Ironically the person who was doing a fair amount of leg work out that way and could have closed him down quicker was Dele.

Davies has started to do it a lot
He regularly comes in as an extra CB and leaves the attacker waaaay too much room

It’s understandable with 4 at the back. But with 5!? There’s 3 CBs.
He shouldn’t be doing it 4 IMO, let alone 5
Gives their wing back way too much room
He did it the other days vs Everton too
The guy is a solid player and neither him or Rose are pulling up trees to keep the shirt but Davies isn’t offering anything up front or in defence currently and rose IMo offers a bit more of both
but both need a rocket up their arse

He shouldn’t be doing it 4 IMO, let alone 5
Gives their wing back way too much room
He did it the other days vs Everton too
The guy is a solid player and neither him or Rose are pulling up trees to keep the shirt but Davies isn’t offering anything up front or in defence currently and rose IMo offers a bit more of both
but both need a rocket up their arse

I see no reason not to fast track Sess. Especially in the 5. Ask some questions the other way.

Well just back in after a bitch of a drive back up the M6 to top off another frustrating day.

is it just me? Or are we steadily going backwards?

And is Pochettino totally losing the plot?

Not sure why he felt the need to make the 2 changes at FB that he did, with the int.break I dont see why we couldnt have played the same 11 as Tuesday.

The Foyth for Alli substitution absolutely beggars belief. If you are going to bring Foyth on at least make it for Aurier, this guy is stealing a living. I swear i could cross a ball better even at my age.

Credit though to Sheffield United, better team on the day for me, and would not have begrudged them the win, they probably should have been in front before we scored, and, unlike us at Leicester, when the VAR decision went against them, they didnt let their heads go down, they knuckled down and get a deserved goal.

The only real good thing today was Son getting another goal, well done that man.

Two weeks to the Pikeys Cup Final. Their team will be up for it as always, we will huff and puff for 90 mins and sadly on current form I dont see that winless run in the league being broken

This wasnt going to be an easy match.
I thought a draw acceptable, bigger worry is ndombele injury, and why Davies if sessegnon could be better there.
Chopping and changing the defence is why we concede. No understanding between players, Poch should understand that.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No he really was that good

Finally seeing him live I couldn’t believe what he was trying in comparison to what everyone else doesn’t
If you think he was good today, you'll wet yourself when he really gets going, because he has much much more to offer than he showed today.

One of these teams played in the Champions League final a few months ago whilst the other were playing in the Championship o_O

You could see it unfolding. It was woeful. I think this started because:

Poch is trying to get us set up to play a compact defensive game, when we need it. We come up against it all the time and done well, it is hard to break down. But we don't do it well. The logic makes sense. You can't chase and close down for 90 minutes. Especially when playing CL midweek. Especially if you want something in the tank at the end of the season. BUT

The whole team is doing the Eriksen type of closing down. Jog towards them, don't try and make a challenge. Don't get tight. It's going through the motions of pressing without really pressing fully. Sheffield showed us how we used to do it. With aggression. By getting tight and not allowing time on the ball. The type of pressing we did, only moved our players out of position.

Oh and why did Poch not take Kane off? In that clip I was incensed. Clear as day Kane is knackered, unlike his normal self he's standing almost still. We needed Moura fresh with some bite putting pressure on the ball.

Poch is accommodating slower players for whatever reason. Can't sell, don't want to sell, favourites, colour of aura etc.
We are such a mixed bag that there is no single purpose in our play. No fluidity and little understanding between players. We are the worst team in the EPL right now, saved by the brilliance of individuals - and to me is a problem with the coach, who's role is to create a team better than the sum of its parts.

I love the man, but I've seen enough to know that Poch is a great coach for "challenger teams", but unfortunately hasn't and will not make the cut up to top manager. He's reached his limits and he is holding THFC back.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back