• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

There's zero difference between 5th and 12th. Main thing is whether this is a rebuilding season and we can finish 4th next year, or whether we're in permanent decline

I would rather finish 12th then 5th so next year we dont have Europe and can fully focus on our league position.

My main worry is now actually not getting relegated because if we continue like this we will.

Also read the first rumblings in the press of them trying to unsettle Kane by saying if we dont qualify for the champs league he will put in a transfer request. Never seemed to do this with the Arsenal players when they had 3 seasons out of the champs league.

Not that I would be adverse to selling Kane if we got close to 200m for him because I feel as good as he is he slows our team down and the is no other way to reinvest in the squad.

What Kane desperately needs is competition. He was a shadow of his former self yesterday - he looked knackered.

I don't think he's suffering a lack of competition, or fitness.

O think he's suffering from the lack of shape/focus/direction in the team

I don't think he's suffering a lack of competition, or fitness.

O think he's suffering from the lack of shape/focus/direction in the team

There was one point yesterday in the first half where the ball fell to Kane in front of goal but he kind of slipped/lost his footing, which was unfortunate. But the key thing was a second before that, Sheffield had half cleared the ball and you could clearly see Kane stop as if assuming any chance had gone. Kane of not-so-long ago would have been fully alert and ready for the possibility of the ball coming back, instead he was caught off guard and off balance.
A small incident, inconsequential in itself, but just not something I would expect of a fully fit and functioning Kane.

There was one point yesterday in the first half where the ball fell to Kane in front of goal but he kind of slipped/lost his footing, which was unfortunate. But the key thing was a second before that, Sheffield had half cleared the ball and you could clearly see Kane stop as if assuming any chance had gone. Kane of not-so-long ago would have been fully alert and ready for the possibility of the ball coming back, instead he was caught off guard and off balance.
A small incident, inconsequential in itself, but just not something I would expect of a fully fit and functioning Kane.

What about when Dele slipped Son in down the right 2nd half and it looked like a move with potential - Kane in the middle was just jogging alongside the defender and made no effort to come and show for Son or burst into the box.

If he was below par because of the virus or wherever he simply has to come off.

Mourinho is smart and ruthless and I’d fancy our chances to win a domestic Cup under him. But he plays dull negative football - Utd were terrible to watch under him - and I just feel all the mischief and humour has disappeared since his Porto and Chelsea days (first stint). Back then, players loved playing for him (see Lampard, Terry, Robben, Duff etc). Who loved playing for him at Utd? You sense they all dreaded it, and were so relieved when he left that they immediately won a bunch of games under Solksjaer.

That said, Utd are still in Fergies shadow.
Real aside, all of Mourinhos other roles have been clubs at the top of the "best of the rest" and he took them to the next level. (For Porto that was at European level - although they had slipped a bit in Portugal too).

Utd had a certain expectation and ethos, an impossible job frankly

For all the people that think "right off this season" no Europe next season .. just keep in mind the age of Kane and Son

If anyone thinks both of them will take a season out of Europe in the prime of their career ..

And if we need to replace one or both of them .. on top of the other changes, fudging mess.

For all the people that think "right off this season" no Europe next season .. just keep in mind the age of Kane and Son

If anyone thinks both of them will take a season out of Europe in the prime of their career ..

And if we need to replace one or both of them .. on top of the other changes, fudging mess.

And on top of that the likes of NDombele, Lo Celso and even Sessegnon wouldn't have joined us last summer if we ended the season in the mid table mess we are in right now.
Poch is the pickiest manager ever when it comes to rejecting potential transfer targets.
The easy rebuild Poch needs is a myth.

I remember when Ancellotti was jobless and still living in London hearing that Levy had him lined up to take over if needed. Then Ancellotti went to PSG.
Levy was interested in him in 2014 when he was at Real thinking Real would sack him the summer we appointed Poch.

Now there's all sorts going on with the players and chairmen at Napoli. Players refusing to go to overnight detention after losing a game as ordered by the president. And Ancelotti backing the players as they bring in lawyer. Ancelotti refusing to do a press conference. I wouldnt be surprised if Ancellotti wanted out. Much more likely than the Mourinho bs. And a much better fit for a tired squad thats been overworked. It would be like Redknapp after Ramos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ti-refuses-carry-post-match-media-duties.html

Mourinho is smart and ruthless and I’d fancy our chances to win a domestic Cup under him. But he plays dull negative football - Utd were terrible to watch under him - and I just feel all the mischief and humour has disappeared since his Porto and Chelsea days (first stint). Back then, players loved playing for him (see Lampard, Terry, Robben, Duff etc). Who loved playing for him at Utd? You sense they all dreaded it, and were so relieved when he left that they immediately won a bunch of games under Solksjaer.

We're not that far behind them at the moment in terms of scintillating football

And on top of that the likes of NDombele, Lo Celso and even Sessegnon wouldn't have joined us last summer if we ended the season in the mid table mess we are in right now.
Poch is the pickiest manager ever when it comes to rejecting potential transfer targets.
The easy rebuild Poch needs is a myth.

The work that needs doing will need doing whoever is in charge but changing managers will likely delay things further as they will need to assess the squad and prove themselves somewhat before Levy gives them the backing required. If we mess the appointment up then in a year-18 months time we could be no further ahead with the rebuild and with a bigger list of wantaway players.

The work that needs doing will need doing whoever is in charge but changing managers will likely delay things further as they will need to assess the squad and prove themselves somewhat before Levy gives them the backing required. If we mess the appointment up then in a year-18 months time we could be no further ahead with the rebuild and with a bigger list of wantaway players.
And don't cross the road, in case you get run over.

What about when Dele slipped Son in down the right 2nd half and it looked like a move with potential - Kane in the middle was just jogging alongside the defender and made no effort to come and show for Son or burst into the box.

If he was below par because of the virus or wherever he simply has to come off.

This. He was poor.

Back