• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

You've taken an answer about something relating to midweek and parlayed it into the context of this result. I am wondering, BTW, if everyone who thought he was a macaron for not starting Ndombele more often in the Prem is now thinking he was a macaron to start him? Before the picture of "he cannot be criticized" is painted, I will again say I thought the Dele sub was a bad one to make on both sides of the board...
No those people likely think Ndombele should have been blooded as soon as possible, to get him up to speed sooner rather than later. Today's performance makes no difference, he is allowed a bad game any sensible fan will accept that. I saw no upturn in performance with Winks in the the 2nd half, in fact we were even worse (not that I'm attributing that directly to Winks).

Let's presume you're general arguement about fitness is correct why are we GHod awful, fitness or lack of it can not be the consistent excuse. Was today's starting 11 as a whole unfit, or just directionless?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

No those people likely think Ndombele should have been blooded as soon as possible, to get him up to speed sooner rather than later. Today's performance makes no difference, he is allowed a bad game any sensible fan will accept that. I saw no upturn in performance with Winks in the the 2nd half, in fact we were even worse (not that I'm attributing that directly to Winks).

Let's presume you're general arguement about fitness is correct why are we GHod awful, fitness or lack of it can not be the consistent excuse. Was today's starting 11 as a whole unfit, or just directionless?

We were better in the second half IMO
We kept the ball better and opened up more space
NDombele got the ball and had a player on him straight away first half. He couldn’t get going

Drawing a line under the other stuff mate and moving to your fine question which we all want the answers to. My opinion? I think we are paying (fitness-wise) for a group of players who have played too much football in the last four years, both in terms of fitness and motivation. My gut-feeling is that Poch saw the signs of this season the summer before this one, and wanted to make moves then (in and out) which were not supported for one reason or another. I think he felt tis group was never going to cross the line in terms off trophies, and perhaps making the CL Final presented both him and the squad with their chance (albeit fortuitously). I think what hurt him so much that night was not just the loss but the nature of it.

So this season? I think he is trying to progress his new vision/players into regular first team football but is finding it very tough. I think we need the clear-out of the ones who are not going to stay. I think a couple need to be shifted to that category for the good of the team. I think right now there is a directionless lack of confidence in several of them. TBH, I found Kane's game today rather more alarming. He was so poor.

I will say In thought the last 10 minutes were good, but I wholly agree that we need that 10 minutes to become 95. I think it can.

We were better in the second half IMO
We kept the ball better and opened up more space
NDombele got the ball and had a player on him straight away first half. He couldn’t get going
Well I have to say I disagree. While Ndombele was poor the 2nd half was even worse in my opinion.
Drawing a line under the other stuff mate and moving to your fine question which we all want the answers to. My opinion? I think we are paying (fitness-wise) for a group of players who have played too much football in the last four years, both in terms of fitness and motivation. My gut-feeling is that Poch saw the signs of this season the summer before this one, and wanted to make moves then (in and out) which were not supported for one reason or another. I think he felt tis group was never going to cross the line in terms off trophies, and perhaps making the CL Final presented both him and the squad with their chance (albeit fortuitously). I think what hurt him so much that night was not just the loss but the nature of it.

So this season? I think he is trying to progress his new vision/players into regular first team football but is finding it very tough. I think we need the clear-out of the ones who are not going to stay. I think a couple need to be shifted to that category for the good of the team. I think right now there is a directionless lack of confidence in several of them. TBH, I found Kane's game today rather more alarming. He was so poor.

I will say In thought the last 10 minutes were good, but I wholly agree that we need that 10 minutes to become 95. I think it can.
I can't say that I disagree with the general gist, this team has run its course. It's a shame we didn't start the rebuild a bit earlier and couldn't move on those that are finished here this summer.

Two teams in shocking form
A cup final for one and a HUGE game for us

Followed by Bournemouth at the Lane, I predict if Pochettino is In charge we get a point from both, however brick the spammers are playing everyone and their dog knows how up they will be for us, we will then scrape another draw against Bournemouth

if everyone who thought he was a macaron for not starting Ndombele more often in the Prem is now thinking he was a macaron to start him

Not at all; it was the right call to play Ndombele. He was looking good and linking well with Lo Celso, it is SO noticeable that those two play quick, clever passes compared to our other players.

What fecked Ndombele was after about 15 minutes he tried to kick a ball at head height, and he pulled his hammy a bit; he was less mobile after that strain, but it was due to a silly decision (to try and get his leg up like a ballerina) rather than a normal fitness strain.

Not at all; it was the right call to play Ndombele. He was looking good and linking well with Lo Celso, it is SO noticeable that those two play quick, clever passes compared to our other players.

What fecked Ndombele was after about 15 minutes he tried to kick a ball at head height, and he pulled his hammy a bit; he was less mobile after that strain, but it was due to a silly decision (to try and get his leg up like a ballerina) rather than a normal fitness strain.

Is that official? Just asking.

Back