• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d argue that no team ever looks ‘good’ or like they are playing to their best when playing slowly. Certainly not to an English fan. The reaction on our shores of AVB’s and LVG’s teams are a good example. I can’t actually think of a team that has played a majority slow tempo in England and had their fans enjoying it.

playing that way you create some chances, you just create less than if you were going high tempo, where the objective is to score as quickly as possible. It’s just with that tempo, you often leave yourself open to the opposition having the ball a fair amount as well. So these are the decisions to weigh up.

I don't have an issue with a slower tempo I've watched hundreds of Serie A matches so a slow tempo in itself is not the issue. The issue is that WE can't play slowly, we do not have the personnel capable of playing well that way. We don't have the creativity, the movement or the individual dribbling ability that is needed to counterbalance the slower more deliberate build up play.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Sheffield are now 5th.
Well done, hope they don't implode to soon.
The running they do will catch up with them eventually though.

I don't have an issue with a slower tempo I've watched hundreds of Serie A matches so a slow tempo in itself is not the issue. The issue is that WE can't play slowly, we do not have the personnel capable of playing well that way. We don't have the creativity, the movement or the individual dribbling ability that is needed to counterbalance the slower more deliberate build up play.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

If you watch italian teams around the edge of the final third, they are clinical with their movement and precise to make opportunities. We don't do that - it's pedestrian around the edge until someone loses it going on their own or shoots wildly. I don't see why we should play slow when we have no idea (and never have) how to break down an opponent who is set up in their defensive formation.

Actually thought Dele and GLC were on it 2nd half and had started to push them back. The sub ruined us.

Poch made a mistake subbing Dele. Reminded me of when he got subbed against Wolves at home last Xmas, 1-0 up, seeing it through. He does a lot of important work off the ball. I can only think that his fitness levels must've left him right on the brink and that the manager made a call based on physio stats.

Poch made a mistake subbing Dele. Reminded me of when he got subbed against Wolves at home last Xmas, 1-0 up, seeing it through. He does a lot of important work off the ball. I can only think that his fitness levels must've left him right on the brink and that the manager made a call based on physio stats.

I wonder if Sheff often switch to a formation that outnumbers in certain areas and he was trying to anticipate that by bringing Foyth on? Would be interested in seeing what they do from minute 70 onwards from a formation perspective.

I’ve made the same point. Even if it was a fitness thing he could have replaced like for like (Eriksen or Moura) and remained positive. As soon as it was left to Kane, Son and GLC to defend from the front Sheff Utd just came though.

Not my nomination. I think that he struggled with the pace and physicality of Sheff Utd today, it was a real welcome to the PL game for him today.

Agreed.

I feel you will agree with what I am about to say, regardless, know this is a general response to the Ndombele issue...what did people expect? The keyboard koaches rattling on and on about starting him today as well as Lo Celso will now know why he has not been a regular yet. He has a lot to learn about the Premiership, this is a more difficult league than the CL and is not yet 100% match fit. Ditto Lo Celso (who was slow to close down a very important passage of play during their equalizer - he was tiring) so starting two together in a game like this was always going to be risky.

Poch has a lot of issues to juggle right now. I think we still need to take a long-term POV. the last 10-15 minuets was what the match should've been. We tried to play football in the crunch and with better quality in key areas then it will be different. Personally, as said earlier, I think Poch made a mistake subbing off Dele, there again perhaps (as I also said) his fitness levels were on the edge and Poch was protecting him (especially with Ndombele doing his groin or whatever). Winks had a good half IMO. Sissoko was pretty poor again.

Ndombele and Lo Celso are going to be key players for us this season, especially with the apparent demise of Eriksen. That is going to present some problems because neither are yet settled into the pace of the PL and are unlikely to be ready to play two games in a week. Fans are going to have to show some patience as our form may well be up and down this season.

I’ve made the same point. Even if it was a fitness thing he could have replaced like for like (Eriksen or Moura) and remained positive. As soon as it was left to Kane, Son and GLC to defend from the front Sheff Utd just came though.

Indeed. Interesting, and I agree because Eriksen might've worked today.

Ndombele and Lo Celso are going to be key players for us this season, especially with the apparent demise of Eriksen. That is going to present some problems because neither are yet settled into the pace of the PL and are unlikely to be ready to play two games in a week. Fans are going to have to show some patience as our form may well be up and down this season.

Agreed. And they are going to have to accept that in our situation, rotation is necessary.

A big problem for us going forward is I'm far from sure Pochettino can spot top players to replace our ”deadwood”!

It's entirely possible to appreciate what another teams manager is doing.

Sheff Utd are a good football team, better than anything Allardyce or Sherwood has put together.

And, quite frankly, Poch could learn a thing or two from his example at the minute

I agree that Wilder is doing a great job, but without stating the bleedin' obvious, they are dealing with different worlds in all manner of ways. I agree with an earlier point you made that we got away with one today. In fact, I think we did well to hang in. Weirdly, the last 10 minutes was better than the previous 84, and I thought we would pinch it.

Back