• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

It absolutely should not have to come to that

I agree, but thats where we are. We have 3-4 players on short deals (TA, CE, JV, DR), others which we've tried to shift (Wanyama, Aurier) and 3 others settling in (TN, RS, GLC)....thats half the squad in total so its not a surprise that its not a group which is cohesive and playing to its potential

We need to work towards having settled group on August 1st next year and learning from our mistakes (and that means levy doing so as well)

Having to write off this season is a stackable offence.

If what you say is true Poch needs to go. Now.

Its as much Levy's fault as Poch's (and I like them both). Rather than sacking Poch, I'd prefer that we clean up as many of hte problems in Jan as possible even if taking a hit on valuations. That means doing as many of these:
- selling Wanyama/Aurier
- loaning or selling CE (he'd accept a loan if we told him he won't play between now and May)
- Stick JV and TA in the stands/reserves if they dont take the contracts which are on offer
- signing a CB and RB

If we cant make top 4, maybe we could put 110% of our efforts into the FA Cup?

Its as much Levy's fault as Poch's (and I like them both). Rather than sacking Poch, I'd prefer that we clean up as many of hte problems in Jan as possible even if taking a hit on valuations. That means doing as many of these:
- selling Wanyama/Aurier
- loaning or selling CE (he'd accept a loan if we told him he won't play between now and May)
- Stick JV and TA in the stands/reserves if they dont take the contracts which are on offer
- signing a CB and RB

This is a debate that's been done to death.

For me, regardless of whatever issues there are, Poch has no excuses for us playing like a bunch of strangers with no clue how to be a team.

He's been here 5 years, there's no excuse whatsoever.

If you're honestly looking at the situation and saying we just need to throw more resources at Poch then we are in fundamental disagreement.

Poch should be doing better, now. Much better.

As Glasgow says, we aren't a terrible distance from the top places, but it's a widening gap which Poch doesn't seem to have the ability to close right now.

There is time to rescue the season, but it's getting shorter and shorter.

I agree, but thats where we are. We have 3-4 players on short deals (TA, CE, JV, DR), others which we've tried to shift (Wanyama, Aurier) and 3 others settling in (TN, RS, GLC)....thats half the squad in total so its not a surprise that its not a group which is cohesive and playing to its potential

We need to work towards having settled group on August 1st next year and learning from our mistakes (and that means levy doing so as well)
Our chairman is Daniel Levy and next season the window will be aligned once again with the rest of Europe. Squad cohesiveness will be even worse.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

- selling Wanyama/Aurier
- signing a CB and RB

The should not be contract offers for the centre half. They are to old for this league.

Also, we haven’t actually signed GLC. Is it not within the realms of possibility that he might do well, pique the interests of better sides and tell us to fudge off and go elsewhere?

Also, we haven’t actually signed GLC. Is it not within the realms of possibility that he might do well, pique the interests of better sides and tell us to fudge off and go elsewhere?

Fair point, though I thought that if we qualify for CL or EL next year then we have to sign him. We might still miss out on EL though

I'd understood that it's a done deal and we have an obligation to buy. The loan was just used as a mechanism to screw PSG out of their sell on clause.

Yep, but then when it doesn't work, it's your fault ...

You've taken an answer about something relating to midweek and parlayed it into the context of this result. I am wondering, BTW, if everyone who thought he was a macaron for not starting Ndombele more often in the Prem is now thinking he was a macaron to start him? Before the picture of "he cannot be criticized" is painted, I will again say I thought the Dele sub was a bad one to make on both sides of the board...

Back