• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

That's fair, if...somewhat risky. Kovac and Poch aren't that different in terms of approach and profile. And Mourinho fits with Bayern's pre-Pep style of play more - lightning counter-attacks and a solid midfield ready to spring those breaks within seconds.

How I wish we played like that.

Pochettino would 99% win a domestic trophy there almost by default.

True, but Mourinho guarantees it. Poch would almost certainly win a German Cup there, but Mou wins leagues, and might win the CL. That's the tradeoff you make with him - he'll win a lot and move on quick, with varying degrees of damage to undo in the aftermath. Poch, if he leaves, would leave us much, much better than when we found us, but doesn't win anything.

True, but Mourinho guarantees it. Poch would almost certainly win a German Cup there, but Mou wins leagues, and might win the CL. That's the tradeoff you make with him - he'll win a lot and move on quick, with varying degrees of damage to undo in the aftermath. Poch, if he leaves, would leave us much, much better than when we found us, but doesn't win anything.

Pochettino would probably win the German league there, what Mourinho offers them is like you said a chance at the CL, and their domestic trophies pretty much guaranteed, I would go for Mourinho no questions asked.

Pochettino would probably win the German league there, what Mourinho offers them is like you said a chance at the CL, and their domestic trophies pretty much guaranteed, I would go for Mourinho no questions asked.
Even with Bayern’s dominance, I have recently started to wonder if Poch’s level is to bravely finish 2nd at best all the time.

I know anything seems better than the status quo but Mourinho is really diminishing on his returns. He’s nowhere near what he was.

I'm not sure about that. Man Utd have hardly excelled since he left. He did win two trophies in his time there, that's the same amount we've won since 1991 - and he did it with a pretty appalling team.

I think the next job is absolutely massive for Mourinho. Its that context that makes him such an interesting option. He really needs to make it work, and we need someone at least semi-box office to maintain our ability to attract good players.

One of the residual effects of us winning nothing is that we have cemented the progress we've made and solidified our status. A bottom half finish this season would be a difficult blow in terms of attracting players. We need a new man in, we need the bounce, we need fresh ideas and a fresh take on the squad. There will be no loyalties, friendships, pre-conceived ideas about players.

I would love to see us solid again. We're an ageing squad that needs to be used in the right way. I think Mourinho could be perfect in that regard.

So much of our success is built around developing younger players. I think that will be very important in the future too. That's not Mourinho, doubt it ever will be. I don't think he's a good fit...

He'd be near the top of my list. It's probably be an unpopular choice on here but I really like Nuno Espirito Santo. Wolves play great football and he's done a really good job there.

I think he's a fairly popular shout on here, mainly due to Wolves' record against the top 6 last year.

Apparently Bayern are interested in him at season’s end, hence Wenger possibly holding the fort until then.

Sod Xmas, get a new man in for the spammers game in a fortnight and this season is still just about salvageable.

Any new manager will need to accept Levy's transfer policy and wage structure. Therefore you can forget the likes of Mourinho, Allegri etc.

The most likely would be someone for who Spurs is a step up from what they've done before, and therefore they're happy to accept those restrictions.

I really dont see Levy binning Poch though. He is Levy's ideal manager

Poch certainly has been the ideal manager, but finishing 12th isn't what Levy wants. A couple of losses before Xmas and Poch may have to move on.

Back