• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You really want to do a man to man comparison to Sheffield? We were simply outrun, outplayed and tactically put to bed ..

To complain that you can beat a championship side because you don't have WC FB's is fudging reaching mate.

brick game, brick management, brick result .. 12th in the league with no sign of improving ..

I think that you have missed the point of what I was saying.

Not really taking a pop at you, more the point in general.

I think if Poch was really on form he would be more pragmatic and find a sensible solution.

That he isn't really is my concern here

He certainly shown that he can be pragmatic in the past but he also tends to spend a lot of the first half of the season finding his best team. That is ok when you are scraping results but we are not this year.

Liked the starting line-up but that was a painful watch for most of the 97 minutes. Passing, movement, decision-making all really poor and players blowing bubbles inside an hour. Folded as soon as we went ahead, got let off by VAR and then just went and did it again. Not good.

He certainly shown that he can be pragmatic in the past but he also tends to spend a lot of the first half of the season finding his best team. That is ok when you are scraping results but we are not this year.

I don't think it takes him half a season to find his team

Normally that team is patently obvious, and it's more a case of getting them up to speed

At that point it's usually a case of playing ok but not being 100%

Then we start finding our stride somewhere about now

This season is absolutely nothing like a regular one

My over riding feeling is one of Poch not even being on top of the most basic things

The players train. They talk. They have meetings.

It's not like there's no chance for them to work on things.

And it is, imo, most certainly not a case that they can't function without Eriksen

I don't think they can't function without him either, but I do feel that they are still acclimatising to him not being there.
That midfield have played together once, it's going to look disjointed.

But they're not working on it all week, there was a mid week game.

Can we only be expected to perform if he has a whole week to train? Unfortunately we are a European competition side so will often have a midweek game of some sort interfering with the timing. Thats really not a valid excuse, then consider that he played the same side on Tuesday so it is likely that they have trained some sort of consistent system all week or at least you hope so.

Just home after that dire dire performance. What is the solution? Carry on like this and I really don't see us being in the top half this season. So much safe, lacklustre passing. Or in Dier's case just plain dreadful passing. No energy...Son was knackered 20 minutes before he was subbed...don't know what to think really.

I don't think it takes him half a season to find his team

Normally that team is patently obvious, and it's more a case of getting them up to speed

At that point it's usually a case of playing ok but not being 400%

Then we start finding our stride somewhere about now

This season is absolutely nothing like a regular one

My over riding feeling is one of Poch not even being on top of the most basic things

I agree that we normally begin to hit our stride in late November. I think that there is normally a fair amount of tinkering with formations and personnel before he gets there. Fitness definitely plays its part too.

Can we only be expected to perform if he has a whole week to train? Unfortunately we are a European competition side so will often have a midweek game of some sort interfering with the timing. Thats really not a valid excuse, then consider that he played the same side on Tuesday so it is likely that they have trained some sort of consistent system all week or at least you hope so.

Well Sheffield had not only the whole week but they are a settled team.

I love Poch but 2 big mistakes today imo.

1. Taking Dele off after we’d just found some rhythm and scored. Dele was having a decent 2nd half and offers a defensive line up the field. With him off and going 5 at the back it invited them on.

2. Playing 8 minutes with 5 defenders. As soon as they scored we had to get a defender off for Moura or Eriksen. Poch left it from 78 to 86.

On top of the above our full backs are just not good enough. I’ve seen more than enough now.

We never play well playing slowly. Our side needs tempo, it needs quick one touch football to draw the opponents out of position. That is what worked well for Poch up till now even despite our relatively poor CM (in terms of creativity), our tempo was always good and we could eventually push the opposition back until we camped in their half. This never happens with the slower play.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I’d argue that no team ever looks ‘good’ or like they are playing to their best when playing slowly. Certainly not to an English fan. The reaction on our shores of AVB’s and LVG’s teams are a good example. I can’t actually think of a team that has played a majority slow tempo in England and had their fans enjoying it.

playing that way you create some chances, you just create less than if you were going high tempo, where the objective is to score as quickly as possible. It’s just with that tempo, you often leave yourself open to the opposition having the ball a fair amount as well. So these are the decisions to weigh up.

Back