• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

In the other thread... I think @Bishop is saying that Poch should have played Lo Celso for more than 5 minutes when we were really struggling in games and others like Eriksen were clearly way off the pace. He was fit enough for more than 3 minutes here, 4 minutes there, that is a stupid amount of time to even get a touch of the ball, let alone influence things.

If a player can come on for 5 minutes, he can do 15 minutes, you don't need to be a sports scientist to work out he was fit enough for 15 minutes; if not he would not be on the bench, nor tested for 5 minutes.

Other bizarre Poch decisions abound of course: Keeping Eriksen on the pitch for 101 minutes against Liverpool, with no Ndombele (our best player right now). Or making a sub on 118 minutes FFS! What is that about when we desperately needed help earlier? He has a lot of form for subs that are way too late. Subs are a key part of the game, to keep energy levels up. Bringing on Broken Ghost Eriksen against Red Star when the match is dead and other players are desperate to get some action. This is all in the last couple of weeks, it has been going on for months.

More big decisions for El Poch tomorrow.
Does he stick with Foyth, Lo Celso, Ndombele who all had excellent games against Red Star in a 4231... just like last time we hammered Red Star?

Or flip it back around to Aurier, Eriksen, Winks etc in some bizarre formation? Will be exciting to watch.

We all know the former are in much better form than the latter... but will Poch say they are too tired after playing vs Red Star?

This reminds me of a few years ago when Kane was clearly a class act, yet Poch kept playing Adebayor and Soldado week after week after week after week after week through August September October and eventually could no longer stop the Hurrikane from playing... it took Poch so so so so so so long to make the switch.
And I don't think he was allowing Ade/Soldado enough rope to hang themselves.
Nor do I think he was in awe of their transfer fees... I just think he seems something very different when he is watching a game.

Agreed Steff, I actually felt hope for the first time in a while when Sessegnon, N’Dombele and Lo Celso were all on the pitch together. 3 players is a considerable amount of a team. I’m still unsure what is happening at the club and if Poch can turn this round but at least there was a glimpse of the future there. And the problem at the moment is breaking through to the future in this period which feels very much like a winding down. I’m not sure if that attitude is coming from Poch or the players but I hope he still truly wants to create 2.0 and can manage the squad through this season to start that process in earnest the next. I thought we looked fresh yesterday, at least until Eriksen came on and started playing so far below first gear it was incredible.

The comparisons to Kaboul/Crapoue and Adebayor season are striking. The difference is we have international class around them and coming in. Trust Poch, continue through this spell a bit longer and I think we are going to go on a long run second half of the season.

Personally, I think our main issues started last season not just with injury but with Eriksen’s loss of form/fatigue/posturing to move. Look back at results and they collide. We played through him for several years. We are about to really take off without him. Again, for me we must remain patient.

In the other thread... I think @Bishop is saying that Poch should have played Lo Celso for more than 5 minutes when we were really struggling in games and others like Eriksen were clearly way off the pace. He was fit enough for more than 3 minutes here, 4 minutes there, that is a stupid amount of time to even get a touch of the ball, let alone influence things.

If a player can come on for 5 minutes, he can do 15 minutes, you don't need to be a sports scientist to work out he was fit enough for 15 minutes; if not he would not be on the bench, nor tested for 5 minutes.

Other bizarre Poch decisions abound of course: Keeping Eriksen on the pitch for 101 minutes against Liverpool, with no Ndombele (our best player right now). Or making a sub on 118 minutes FFS! What is that about when we desperately needed help earlier? He has a lot of form for subs that are way too late. Subs are a key part of the game, to keep energy levels up. Bringing on Broken Ghost Eriksen against Red Star when the match is dead and other players are desperate to get some action. This is all in the last couple of weeks, it has been going on for months.

More big decisions for El Poch tomorrow.
Does he stick with Foyth, Lo Celso, Ndombele who all had excellent games against Red Star in a 4231... just like last time we hammered Red Star?

Or flip it back around to Aurier, Eriksen, Winks etc in some bizarre formation? Will be exciting to watch.

We all know the former are in much better form than the latter... but will Poch say they are too tired after playing vs Red Star?

This reminds me of a few years ago when Kane was clearly a class act, yet Poch kept playing Adebayor and Soldado week after week after week after week after week through August September October and eventually could no longer stop the Hurrikane from playing... it took Poch so so so so so so long to make the switch.
And I don't think he was allowing Ade/Soldado enough rope to hang themselves.
Nor do I think he was in awe of their transfer fees... I just think he seems something very different when he is watching a game.

It is called being the manager and having all the information available.

I'm an absolutely massive fan of his and for the most part I can't complain about what he has achieved in difficult circumstances but it's seeming to become clear that he doesn't know how to work through this malaise.

We were pathetic today, listless, cluless and didn't even deserve the point. I don't want to sack him, but it's feeling more and more like we are going to have too. [emoji52]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I'm an absolutely massive fan of his and for the most part I can't complain about what he has achieved in difficult circumstances but it's seeming to become clear that he doesn't know how to work through this malaise.

We were pathetic today, listless, cluless and didn't even deserve the point. I don't want to sack him, but it's feeling more and more like we are going to have too. [emoji52]

Sheffield are undefeated away from home, I think the first half was okay with good pressure and snap in the tackle.

Second half was shoddy defensively and certainly tired, but I think as a forward unit we were mostly okay today.

Only speaking for myself but for me, if Levy does what I feel he should do, then I’ll feel different and more engaged again with the team maybe.

how to explain, it’ll be like breathing again after someone removes the pillow from your face that’s suffocating you.

I really admire the upbeat nature of people who are optimistic that we can finish top 4 and or go on a good run of form...personally I cannot see it in a million years, so I guess that makes me a negative clam.

we are so much better than this at the moment, but our players play like how I feel about our current situation...disenchanted.

Sheffield are undefeated away from home, I think the first half was okay with good pressure and snap in the tackle.

Second half was shoddy defensively and certainly tired, but I think as a forward unit we were mostly okay today.

The first half was not ok, extremely fortunate to not be behind going into the 2nd half It was bloody awful only topped by an even worse 2nd half. Defense was brick, midfield was brick and Kane was horrible.

I don’t think there’s any way Levy will fire Poch this season unless we drop into or near the bottom 3. Poch is Levy’s ideal manager and has done well for 5 years, and there aren’t many top managers who would accept the transfer and wage budget restrictions which Poch lives with

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We are an unsettled side with a manager who has lost his way. It's not a great combination.
If we continue to have key and new players out injured, coupled with some who may want to be elsewhere, we could end up in the relegation zone.

We need a fit and regular CB pairing Toby/Jan ..and Sessegnon, Ndombele and Lo Celso all available for several consecutive weeks. I don't see Levy tolerating flirting with relegation for long, given the new stadium and current financial position.

Another game goes by where the signs of a revival are missing. I don't think it helps that Poch played near enough the same XI that started in Belgrade, GLC and N'Dombele both looked leggy for most of the match.

We look really brick defensively, we need a quality DM, CB and imo two new fullbacks. Sanchez and Dier both had good and bad moments today and whilst the bad moments probably don't outweigh the good, they were far more dangerous. We did start to bypass the press during the middle of the second half and created some good chances for Son via Dele before the goal.

I still feel that Poch is struggling to get the most from these players and our disorganisation on the pitch is partly his fault, but irrespective of who is in charge, we need at least a couple of quality buys.

We need a change and I think he needs a rest. Problem is, there’s a lot of money involved.

That said, our brand is beginning to take a kicking so - particularly with our lovely new stadium to pay for - I’m not sure Daniel will tolerate it for too much longer.

We need a change and I think he needs a rest. Problem is, there’s a lot of money involved.

That said, our brand is beginning to take a kicking so - particularly with our lovely new stadium to pay for - I’m not sure Daniel will tolerate it for too much longer.

People might think it silly but if this form continues much longer then relegation becomes a possibility.

Sacking Poch will cost 30m. Then we need a new manager, at least the are a few out of work so that should not cost that much.

But our defence needs major work on it and that usually costs money. Cheaper than being relegated though.

People might think it silly but if this form continues much longer then relegation becomes a possibility.

Sacking Poch will cost 30m. Then we need a new manager, at least the are a few out of work so that should not cost that much.

But our defence needs major work on it and that usually costs money. Cheaper than being relegated though.

Agreed. There doesn’t seem to be an upturn in form on the cards, but what we’ve served up over the past year makes us genuine relegation candidates. We’re lucky the bottom three are brick.

Do we play Norwich soon? That’s definitely a game we are capable of taking thee points from, but if we lose then it’s hard to see who is left we can beat seeing as we’ve already lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Brighton etc and drawn with Watford and Sheffield United.

We are absolute brick.

We should all write this season off - take up golf or something else. Come back next summer once we've had a couple transfer windows to shed some players and bring in a couple fresh faces.

I dont see Levy sacking Poch unless we really look like getting relegated. Levy won't be able to find another manager which is better suited to his modus operandi than Poch

Back