• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's a lot of posters doing Sheffield down, we need to credit them for a good side.
Some are starting to sound entitled.

But not one of their players would get into our side. They are well drilled, but if we were half as well drilled we’d beat them comfortably

The fact that the game ended in a draw despite the huge difference in the quality of the individual players shows how much we’re underperforming and shows how badly we’re either lacking motivation or structure in our play

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I just dont understand whats gone on. Something has changed and its killed the team.

We have good players, POCH has proved in the last 5 and half years he's a good manager.

So what the hell happened after the Fulham away game cos since then our form has gone out the window. The champs league run was fantastic but lucky (i know all teams need some luck).

I blame a lot of this on the full backs, POCH needs good full backs to stretch the game to great space for others and for counter attacking. Rose looks likes he's given up, Davies is just a 6/7 out of 10 guy, right back is just a mess. Foyth is crap to me I dont see any future for him at our club, Aurier needs to go, Walker-Peters needs to leave for his own career.

GHod I'm frustrated

I just dont understand whats gone on. Something has changed and its killed the team.

We have good players, POCH has proved in the last 5 and half years he's a good manager.

So what the hell happened after the Fulham away game cos since then our form has gone out the window. The champs league run was fantastic but lucky (i know all teams need some luck).

I blame a lot of this on the full backs, POCH needs good full backs to stretch the game to great space for others and for counter attacking. Rose looks likes he's given up, Davies is just a 6/7 out of 10 guy, right back is just a mess. Foyth is crap to me I dont see any future for him at our club, Aurier needs to go, Walker-Peters needs to leave for his own career.

GHod I'm frustrated

The team needs a manager. A leader. Someone setting the plan and how to achieve it. Far more than it needs FBs.

As I said, I don't know if this is just an off game, or if it's more the case Poch didn't prep them well enough.

After our form this season it's hard not to think the latter

GLC looks lightweight
Dier looks dreadful and ready to take up his modelling career!

Cut to the chase, other than Son they looked poor!

GHod I'm frustrated

It's not one thing. A combination of many little things.

- Final hangover. Not sure Poch or the side picked themselves up post CL.
- Player transitions and Poch not clear on who's in long term - that has to be hard.
- New players settling/injured.
- Changing formation and team too often stops players from settling.
- Maybe full back injuries too. Thought Aurier has played better (not saying much)

There is an identity elephant. When we're the underdog, closing down and fighting for everything, Poch's sides look good. I don't think he's figured how (or if we're good enough) to play like Mancity and dominate. We used to strangle teams, get tight, push up, and dominate them that way. Now its more likely that will happen to us than the other way round! So I think there is an identity issue. The team need to know how we play, and I'm not sure Poch knows which way we should play now.

That only works if they were showing that they wanted him to stay on Tuesday. I think that today it came down to us being a team in transition.
Wildly sensible suggestion.

don’t forget we also had a midweek game in Europe. They didn’t.

BOL, you're clearly an intelligent fella but this is some crock of brick. There isn't some genius long term strategy behind everything Poch does. In fact, based on today there isn't even a short term strategy of any description. Your first sentence is so insulting to most posters on here as it implies you have the ability to see stuff that regular fans can't. It's bollox. There is no hidden strategy. Poch has no idea how to change things to beat or dominate Sheffield fudging United at home. Think about that. The second half was utter turd. How do you explain that?

I’m not saying we are guaranteed to win through the strategy, I am simply saying that the tempo we play at is often something that is dictated by the coach, and the extent to which they like and rate players is dictated by how well players follow instructions in that regard.

talk to some top level coaches and see what they say. I promise you I’m not making it up or assuming things. And I’m not saying it means guaranteed wins, I’m simply saying it’s pretty obvious when we are being tasked with playing a high tempo versus not.

I don’t think we were great second half, we are making baby steps after the nadir of Brighton and we definitely need to start picking up League wins. But the tempo was higher. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not trying to offend fans by saying that coaches make decisions based on data and considerations that they may not be making.

Sheffield totally outplayed us and should have had a deserved three points!
Not sure we can let this just slide

GLC looks lightweight
Dier looks dreadful and ready to take up his modelling career!

I wouldn’t have started him personally for both fitness and tactical reasons, as Lucas would have been a better fit for this type of game, but GLC clearly did very well despite playing his first proper game just a few days ago and away in europe.

But yes Dier over Toby again from a fitness and tactical standpoint is bemusing. Again if we have tunnel vision we say Dier had to play after a strong showing against RSB but we have to look beyond that.

Davies was very poor and getting Sessegnon on for him at half time could have helped. But instead we got bemusing changes like Foyth for Dele and Lucas coming on with a few minutes left.

KWP must have done something very very bad and can only hope Aarons is a major upgrade if he is coming.

All very underwhelming and all the same questions come flooding back.

Back