• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you seen Sheffield this season, I have and they done to in an in firm Liverpool what they done to us today.
If the keeper hadn't thrown one in the net Liverpool would have been lucky to get a draw.
We were crap, but give them credit.

I saw them against Liverpool and they were good. But do you think it will be the same at Anfield? They haven't got a player that would get in our team and they utterly dominated us at home. I give them credit but I also don't think any team should dingdong us at home much less a newly promoted one.

Have you seen Sheffield this season, I have and they done to in an in firm Liverpool what they done to us today.
If the keeper hadn't thrown one in the net Liverpool would have been lucky to get a draw.
We were crap, but give them credit.

Errmm what kind of Tottenham manager switches to seven defensive players on the pitch at that time in the game AT HOME versus Sheffield United!! Fvcking Sheffield United and he removes Alli and brings on Foyth and switches to 3-4-2-1. That immediately transmitted nervousness to the players and the fans. I am now almost 100% Pochettino out. That mentality is not Tottenham.

Not sure what more could have been done, to be honest. Poch changed it up multiple times, picked the players everyone wanted picked, and we still looked utterly crap and probably should have heavily lost to a side with more energy, commitment and bravery than we have shown in three-odd years.

To those thinking Poch makes the wrong choices, he didn't, and he wasn't out-thought by Wilder. But he was outfought by him, just like Wilder's team outfought our sorry bunch.

I think Poch picked the right team

I think he picKed the right formation

I think his subs/changes were ok

I'm trying to decide if there was any sign he's been drilling the players on how to play the formation properly, or if it was just a desperately"off" day. The sort you get when a new team is gelling.

Though I do have major reservations about that statement, there is no way we shoild be in that situation.

Sheff Utd? Fully deserved to win, and should feel rightly hard done by with the result. We got away with one there

I think our fans fail to realise that a lot of our first halves our slower tempo before we up it in the second. We can debate whether we like this or not, but I think it’s a pretty clear strategy.

against Bayern (to use an extreme example) we created loads of chances in a first half by pressing high and a fast tempo. We clearly aren’t doing it in the first half of a League game of which there are many. Sometimes we might press high and play fast in the first half, particularly if a team is known to be solid at defending (Palace) but I fully expect us to up the tempo this half and look like a different team.

the players were noticeably and routinely taking the slower tempo option. I think it’s by design.

How much does your dealer charge?

Would be really sad to see the back of Poch, but we are crying out for greater organisation and stability. Constantly changing things is not helping. Poch needs to sit down, choose his best side and formation, then stick with it. Refine their play over a number of games.

Last edited:
We appear to have a very disjointed squad. And no clear team strategy from Poch - tries one formation, tries another.. you don't need world class players in every position to do well, but you do need a settled side and a clear plan a and plan b..

I saw them against Liverpool and they were good. But do you think it will be the same at Anfield? They haven't got a player that would get in our team and they utterly dominated us at home. I give them credit but I also don't think any team should dingdong us at home much less a newly promoted one.

Yes I do, they playing without fear and on adrenaline. They have hunger and something to prove.
Tbh the first 30 mins they looked like us 3 years ago.

Personally I think VAR got the two main decisions wrong. Their disallowed goal like son's at Leicester was too close to overturn.

But the push on Son as he was shooting was a pen. It totally ruined his chance.

Overall they played much better than us. They looked like a team. Not a bunch of individuals all off form or struggling.

Our team identity has totally gone. We don't Press but we play out from the back and struggle against it.

Kane never gets dropped or rested. Today was maybe a day for Son to play looking at how lethargic Kane was.

Yes I do, they playing without fear and on adrenaline. They have hunger and something to prove.
Tbh the first 30 mins they looked like us 3 years ago.

Fair enough mate, we'll agree to disagree. I just don't think our performance was anywhere near acceptable. We lucked out getting a point. It was embarrassingly bad.

I used to enjoy watching us coz wed always get a spell putting teams under the cosh. Pinning them in with wave after wave of attack. Didn't see that once bar injury time today. I've barely seen it all year.

We've are a really hard watch at the moment.

Many years ago, I saw our talismanic midfielder Sandro playing for us against QPR. In the centre circle there was a ball at head height, and he tried some Brazilian martial art capoeira kick and went down in a heap. He never recovered.

Today I saw Ndombele try to kick a ball at head height after about 15 minutes, he immediately clutched his hamstring and hobbled on for the rest of the half. I'm concerned he will be out for a bit or SHOULD be out for France at least... he is an excellent player. Ndombele and Lo Celso are very good players.

Our attacks seemed to be to slowly pile 5 Spurs vs 7 Sheff's on the edge of the box and hope to get a bobble... eventually we did get a bobble which ran to Son, whose shot was deflected through the keeper. Hardly a great attack plan. Get some zip and some width, don't wait and then walk into their trap.

The team currently in Fifth deserved to beat the team currently in 12. They are there on merit and we are as low as we are on merit- the gulf in class is the scariest thing. Fir a newly promoted team Sheff Utd made us look like mugs- At HOME

Serious relegation fears?

Last edited:
Fair enough mate, we'll agree to disagree. I just don't think our performance was anywhere near acceptable. We lucked out getting a point. It was embarrassingly bad.

I used to enjoy watching us coz wed always get a spell putting teams under the cosh. Pinning them in with wave after wave of attack. Didn't see that once bar injury time today. I've barely seen it all year.

We've are a really hard watch at the moment.

I'm not saying that I'm happy with our performance, just we need to credit them more.

Back