• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was poor. Lacked energy, any sort of pattern and our passing was dreadful. No shots on target.

Sheffield know we are poor at playing though a high press and they executed that well.

Also Sissy at the base of midfield doesn't really want the ball from the defenders and rarely makes himself available.

I thought that was a real mixture... some of it was pretty good, mostly Ndom and Lo Celso playing really neat, fast, clever passes.

We've lost the ball loads of times due to the Sheffield press, i.e. defenders under pressure trying to pass into midfielders under pressure.

All we need is for 1 or 2 movements to fully come off. We are EXTREMELY narrow in attack, we need Son to sit out wide left, then come into the play from wide. Stretch them and create a gap for Alli.

Out fought, out thought and out played by a team who would not get a single player into our squad - let alone our first eleven...

Just goes to show that a proper game plan can work wonders

Lo Celso has been one of our better performers. Moura for him wouldn't be an improvement

Different players bring different qualities and skill sets and Lucas is also fresh.

You cannot analyse football in such a basic way of someone is the best of a bad bunch so he was right to be starting.

You’ve got that tunnel vision again, you need look around and see the bigger picture.

Should hopefully come for you as you get older and more experienced.

As well as our narrow attack it has to be said the movement of the front line is terrible. Apart from Lo Celso and Ndombele there's no option for a forward pass.

And Alli needs to learn control then flick. And not in our half would be peachy as well.

Imo we should swap Sissoko and NDombele, so that Ndombele can use his passing to help the defence.

Playing Sissoko deep only really works against teams who don’t press us.

We can't play or from the back with Sanchez still poor as passing, Dier having to use his left foot in the wrong side and Sissoko dropping back for a 2 years pass.

At least Dier it's trying to get it forward unsuccessfully.

Different players bring different qualities and skill sets and Lucas is also fresh.

You cannot analyse football in such a basic way of someone is the best of a bad bunch so he was right to be starting.

You’ve got that tunnel vision again, you need look around and see the bigger picture.

Should hopefully come for you as you get older and more experienced.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd be embarrassed by what you post

I think our fans seriously under estimate how good this Sheffield United team are. They are so well drilled and coached

I think our fans fail to realise that a lot of our first halves our slower tempo before we up it in the second. We can debate whether we like this or not, but I think it’s a pretty clear strategy.

against Bayern (to use an extreme example) we created loads of chances in a first half by pressing high and a fast tempo. We clearly aren’t doing it in the first half of a League game of which there are many. Sometimes we might press high and play fast in the first half, particularly if a team is known to be solid at defending (Palace) but I fully expect us to up the tempo this half and look like a different team.

the players were noticeably and routinely taking the slower tempo option. I think it’s by design.

As well as our narrow attack it has to be said the movement of the front line is terrible. Apart from Lo Celso and Ndombele there's no option for a forward pass.

And Alli needs to learn control then flick. And not in our half would be peachy as well.

Edit: Should have put Lo Celso in there and brought on Sessengon.

Edit : Dier's passing is awful.

Back