• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rotation ! Haha, Poch is consistent in that respect, I think only Kane, Gazza, Sissoko are certs, the rest will be changed up to keep players fresh even though we won't play next on 23rd v bubbles/wetspam/any old iron

I just want a Win, that is all we need

Any sort of win at all, please. I’ve played my part and taken the captaincy off the Spurs players in my fantasy team.

Rotation ! Haha, Poch is consistent in that respect, I think only Kane, Gazza, Sissoko are certs, the rest will be changed up to keep players fresh even though we won't play next on 23rd v bubbles/wetspam/any old iron

I just want a Win, that is all we need

Not sure I agree with the last sentence. I think we need a performance - actually I think we now need consistently good and coherent performances week in week out. A crappy 1-0 would do little to convince me that poch is the man to take us forwards.

I want to see an up turn in results mirrored by good performances on the pitch with us looking like a quality coherent side with solid tactics and line ups and formations that make sense and get the best out of the team.

On rotation: it seems the only two players not to benefit from rotation are two of our low maintenance, hard working and committed players in Davies and Moura.

Look at all these controversial posts, how bold it is to suggest that we need /want a win. It's almost as if it was the main objective of competitive sport! Feel a fool now, yearning for those mouth watering stalemates, but now enlightened to the level of a new comprehension in setting our sights.

Some know I'm not a numbers guy but a win is definitely the best way to go, I mean, it's a whole 2 points better than a draw, I'll come back to add how many better it is than a loss once I've worked that one out...

Hoping the player's approach isn't as pedestrian as ours on here, I haven't seen a second of Sheffield United this season so have little to offer in an analysis sense (apart from my groundbreaking calculations above) but they are above us in the table and therefore should be taken very seriously indeed. Hoping we won't miss Lamela's attitude here.

Will those that put solid performances during the week be rewarded or do we bring in the sulking contract rebels back to trot around a bit and look surprised when they're outdone..

Personally, I'd keep it relatively similar to midweek, though I expect Poch to bring Aurier back in and probably Alderweireld too. I also doubt he'll start Moura, given that he doesnt seem to like doing that.

The most important thing I think for the next 2 months is fielding those players who soon wont have a contract as little as possible. I think Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be needed a bit given we'd be short of CBs otherwise, but I wouldnt be starting Eriksen at all

------------------Gazzaniga---------------------

---Foyth---Sanchez---Vertonghen---Davies---

-------------Sissoko------Ndombele-------------

-------Moura-------Lo Celso-------Son----------

-----------------------Kane----------------------

subs: Vorm, Rose, Alderweireld, Dier, Winks, Eriksen, Dele

I faintly remember this tactical thing we used to do where we got a lot of players forward when the opponent had the ball, then the defenders also got quite high up the pitch to keep the team compact. Was probably just a tactical fad, but would be fun to try it one last time.

Get players that have shown form and some level of consistency on the pitch. In a familiar sane formation, get some intensity and movement, hope we get lucky when we make individual mistakes in our own half.

This is another must-win match for us. We are now in 11th place, 10 points behind 4th place and only 5 points above the relegation zone. We must go on a winning run if we want to move up the league table. Embarassingly for us, promoted Sheffield United are 3 points above us. We will need to win by a 2 goal margin if we want to move ahead of them. This will be our first meeting with Sheffield United in the league since they got relegated in 2007.We only have a mixed record against them in the PL era, winning 2, drawing 2 and losing 2 of our 6 PL matches against them. Crucially, we won both the matches at home and lost both the away matches. One of those away defeats to Sheffield United was the humiliating 6-0 defeat in 1993, which is one of our biggest away defeats in the league. It is sure going to mentally affect us when we play at Sheffield United in April. For now, we need to treat them with due respect if we want to beat them at home in this match.

We did well to beat Red Star 4-0 away despite Kane not scoring. We need to continue that goal scoring form in this match. We should be as clinical and ruthless in front of goal like the Red Star match. Hope Kane and Son will be among the goal scorers. Apart from them, others like Moura, Alli and Eriksen can help us get the goals as well. Lo Celso did well to score against Red Star. But not sure if he is ready to start in the PL. Sessegnon got the assist against Red Star. Maybe he can come on later in the match. Too bad Lamela is still out injured.

Our midfield did well against Red Star. But want to see Ndombele and Sissoko start and get involve more in this match. We should control the midfield to have any chance of winning this match. Somehow feel Dier is better than Winks in midfield. Dier did well in defence against Red Star. But maybe Dier can come and improve our midfield later in the match.

Our defence kept the clean sheet against Red Star. Wish we can keep the clean sheet in this match as well. With due respect to Sheffield United, it will be disappointing if we cannot stop them scoring at home. Sanchez and Dier started in defence against Red Star but they are too error-prone to play together in the league. Too bad Vertonghen is still injured. Wish Alderweireld can guide Sanchez to guard our defence well. Hope Gazzaniga will put up another great performance to help us win this match.

This is going to be another tense match. Sheffield are not going to let us win easily and will work hard. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win this match and improve our league standings.

Last edited:
Everybody dance now!

Not sure what to expect in this match. We normally win against promoted teams but we are in bad form in the league now. Can see Sheffield making it tough for us. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

Not sure what to expect in this match. We normally win against promoted teams but we are in bad form in the league now. Can see Sheffield making it tough for us. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to move up the league table.

Yes.
The same as that started against Brighton.

Back