• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Good to see him play a full game even though the last half an hour was fairly pedestrian. Hopefully he's nearing the point where he can play full PL games of high intensity for us as he's different class to everyone else in that position.

Hope we as fans can accept that he will have mistakes in him that probably will lead to goals against.

Fabulous player, the real highlight of our season. If we can get the 3 new signings fit and integrated into the team then we could kick on from here. He has such power and touch and much better passing ability than Dembele.

Good to see him play a full game even though the last half an hour was fairly pedestrian. Hopefully he's nearing the point where he can play full PL games of high intensity for us as he's different class to everyone else in that position.

Hope we as fans can accept that he will have mistakes in him that probably will lead to goals against.

I think we all see the player and the fact that he provides something of that strength in the center we have been missing.

I personally don't have an issue with the occasional mistake, what confused me a little last night tactically is why he ended up behind Sissoko so often (Sissoko was the more forward of the two), including when he made the mistake

I think we all see the player and the fact that he provides something of that strength in the center we have been missing.

I personally don't have an issue with the occasional mistake, what confused me a little last night tactically is why he ended up behind Sissoko so often (Sissoko was the more forward of the two), including when he made the mistake
Looked like the famous double pivot. I think it works well with the two of them in the fact that their strengths complement each other quite well. If having NDombele operating exclusively in front of Sissoko then it would be easy for the opposition to mark him out of the game and completely stop us building any attacks.

Looked like the famous double pivot. I think it works well with the two of them in the fact that their strengths complement each other quite well. If having NDombele operating exclusively in front of Sissoko then it would be easy for the opposition to mark him out of the game and completely stop us building any attacks.
In the long run it would be good to bring in someone of a higher standard than Sissoko because for the moment if they do target Ndombele the drop in levels is significant.

But yeah I'm more than happy to except a loose ball here or there or even a mistake that leads to a goal as long as his overall contribution continues to be so impressive. Great passing is risky passing and we've had far too much of the safe passing in midfield.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

He does seem to be a bit casual at times i agree, however once he gets to full fitness and the speed of the game it looks like we could have a hell of a player on our hands.

What I like about him is he drives us forward in two different ways - with his ability to dribble past and turn away from trouble or by playing a quick incisive pass early. Usually a player doesn’t have both skill sets.
There is no reason as he matures he can’t use these attributes to help us see a game out, the important thing for me is that he has a partner he can rely on to cover the space behind him.
There was a very reasonable doubt over the incomings under Poch’s tenure even with the caveat of how much is attributable to him / handicapped by budget constraints - but if Lo Celso and Sessegnon show a similar impact then I think the next couple to windows should be a huge step forward for us.

Good point.
I noticed when Dier surged forward, Ndombele slotted in at centre back to cover his run... it is good that Ndombele realises he needed to fill the gap, but of course does seem a strange 'fit' for his skill set. In those instances, it is a bonus to have full backs like Davies and Foyth because they can more easily slot in (compared to Rose/Aurier who are shorter and legging it up the wing)

The guy has a lot of variables
If we can get him to up his defensive side we will have a genuine WC player on our hand soon

Last edited:
What a player this guy is. An absolute joy to watch. He's doing things I've never seen people do in football before. So brave and talented, and what a vision! Usually from the armchair expert position, you can spot a pass a player should make or what space a player should attack, but this guy, he's unpredictable and just does brilliant stuff you can't really predict time and again. Utterly brilliant. Going to be pivotal for us. I hope the rest of the team catches up somewhat to him after a while. He deserves to play with the absolute best. What a talent.

What a player this guy is. An absolute joy to watch. He's doing things I've never seen people do in football before. So brave and talented, and what a vision! Usually from the armchair expert position, you can spot a pass a player should make or what space a player should attack, but this guy, he's unpredictable and just does brilliant stuff you can't really predict time and again. Utterly brilliant. Going to be pivotal for us. I hope the rest of the team catches up somewhat to him after a while. He deserves to play with the absolute best. What a talent.
Cannot help but have the effect of inspiring all around him, especially the Deles and Lo Celsos of this world.

I think we can safely start to salivate.

On 220k a week apparently which is why the likes of Eriksen are miffed.

It's not about the money with Eriksen.
And if it is then he should take it up with his agent not us.
There's been several offers on the table with chances to negotiate.
Of course if you send out a message of only wanting to play for certain clubs and they don't appear interested then your bargaining position is very weak.

Back