• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - FK Crvena zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur, CL Group stage, round 4***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skipp and Winks very much of a muchness. Good but not good enough at this level for EPL sadly.
Honourable mention for Foyth here, made me change my mind a little about him at RB....

From a player perspective

- Dier and Foyth surprised me pleasantly
- N'dombele and Lo Celso re-enforced my hopes for them
- Rose was poor
- Dele improving but similar to Kane (in this game) seemed still a bit off

Was actually hoping last sub would have been Troy for Kane ..

Skipp was a little rash in the tackle, could easily have gotten in a bit more trouble, think Winks has edge re experience, but don't see (could be wrong) either of them long term.

There is no aggro here. I'm just bored of going back forth with you, yes Poch is perfect and he has bought Lo Celso along perfectly and played him in every minute he was available for. Happy now?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
I don't think that Steff (or anyone) has ever said that Poch is perfect. However if you consider that Lo Celso was very much a player that Pochettino wanted (clearly one of his top two targets in the summer) then what are the sensible, logical reasons as to why he has been introduced gently?

Fair point but I still think we're in the race if we put a few wins together.

My thing with Poch was always, if he wants to be here, I'll excuse him the last few months based on what he delivered for 4/5 years. All I want from him is him to want it, to behave properly in public and for us to look like a team. The last 4 games have given me real encouragement on all counts because I was out after Colchester, Munich and Brighton.

idk 10 points is massive imo but isnt it still possible Emirates Marketing Project could be banned from europe next season making 5th place a potential CL spot?

Yes indeed, Moss Side after dark was never disneyland. I expect you were there for the 4-2 cup match? Even from where we were we knew Coton had said something to Sheringham about that pen, likely along the lines of ‘if you score this place will get torched’...the invasion was mental. I was talking with Noel Gallagher about it once and he said he was on there trying to reach us hahahahaha!

Nayim hat trick, i remember it well.

I don't think that Steff (or anyone) has ever said that Poch is perfect. However if you consider that Lo Celso was very much a player that Pochettino wanted (clearly one of his top two targets in the summer) then what are the sensible, logical reasons as to why he has been introduced gently?

Because Poch typically introduces new players slowly. As I said I do think a large part of that is down to Levy fudging around and signing players so late into the window to save some pennies. Poch then likely doesn't feel comfortable dropping a player in immediately whom he hasn't really had time to train or see in action with his own eyes.

- Rose was poor

Skipp was a little rash in the tackle, could easily have gotten in a bit more trouble, think Winks has edge re experience, but don't see (could be wrong) either of them long term.

Rose is a spacegoated for non-footballing reasons IMHO.
He was good yesterday.

Now that was more like it last night, bricky ground but the win made it all worth while. Thought the team as a whole gave its best performance of the season. It was great to see Dier back and i thought he was outstanding at CB alongside Sanchez who is also looking better now he is having a run in the team.

Foyth did what he had to do and did it well so we will have to see if Poch continues with him there. Lo Celso looks the " real deal" and as i said elsewhere he looks a tough bugger, can not wait to see how he progresses during the season. I know there are some who will disagree ( not as many as they was a year back) but i thought Sissoko was immense ( and my MOM). N'dombele is another one who after a run in the side will prove his worth, he is a bit casual at times and gets caught but once he picks up the pace of the Prem will be a player.

As for Alli he is beginning to get his smile back and that usually means he is playing well, not there yet but it will come. Son was buzzing all night and when he is like that he is a handful for any team. Kane ( imo) was a bit quite and his first touch on a couple of occasions was missing ( unusual for him).

However overall it was a better performance, and i do not get the flimflam that i have heard from some fans that Red Star are brick, before last night they had not conceded more then one goal at home for 70 matches and saw off Liverpool and Napoli last season there.

Onwards and upwards.

Now that was more like it last night, bricky ground but the win made it all worth while. Thought the team as a whole gave its best performance of the season. It was great to see Dier back and i thought he was outstanding at CB alongside Sanchez who is also looking better now he is having a run in the team.

Foyth did what he had to do and did it well so we will have to see if Poch continues with him there. Lo Celso looks the " real deal" and as i said elsewhere he looks a tough bugger, can not wait to see how he progresses during the season. I know there are some who will disagree ( not as many as they was a year back) but i thought Sissoko was immense ( and my MOM). N'dombele is another one who after a run in the side will prove his worth, he is a bit casual at times and gets caught but once he picks up the pace of the Prem will be a player.

As for Alli he is beginning to get his smile back and that usually means he is playing well, not there yet but it will come. Son was buzzing all night and when he is like that he is a handful for any team. Kane ( imo) was a bit quite and his first touch on a couple of occasions was missing ( unusual for him).

However overall it was a better performance, and i do not get the flimflam that i have heard from some fans that Red Star are brick, before last night they had not conceded more then one goal at home for 70 matches and saw off Liverpool and Napoli last season there.

Onwards and upwards.

It's strange in modern sport you win you are great unless your Spurs when if you win the other team were rubbish.

Onwards and upwards.
You really thought Son was buzzing? It looked to me that he was very subdued and tentative. I'm assuming you were at the game, so maybe saw something we didn't see on TV?

You really thought Son was buzzing? It looked to me that he was very subdued and tentative. I'm assuming you were at the game, so maybe saw something we didn't see on TV?

What i meant by buzzing is that he was always on the move, creating space for others and do not forget he managed to score two goals. I am sure the incident against Everton was still on his mind and to play like he did after that was good to see.

Not quite sure I agree. There shouldn't be any doubt about offsides, for instance, yet they can't even figure out how to draw the line that's supposed to show the offside.

Scum beat them 1-0 there in the euro league a couple of seasons ago, if I remember correctly.
Nope, they had never lost at home to an English team in European competitions. At least that's what is written on various sites.
Anyway, they're usually hard to beat there, and we did it very convincingly.

- Rose was poor

I don't think Parrott was even on the bench -- I seem to remember looking at the lineup and wondering where he was.

Kane really wasn't his usual self. His first touch is normally so good but I can think of three times when it let him down, including the first goal. Hopefully it's just the after-effects of man flu or whatever it was that he had.

Nope, they had never lost at home to an English team in European competitions. At least that's what is written on various sites.
Anyway, they're usually hard to beat there, and we did it very convincingly.

I agree, we did really well. 4-0 away from home in Europe would be a great result against anyone. The commentator said they hadn't lost a home league game since 2016. I do remember Scum winning there a couple of years ago though, I saw it with a Serbian colleague of mine at the time (Red Star fan). :)

Yep:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41624826

I agree, we did really well. 4-0 away from home in Europe would be a great result against anyone. The commentator said they hadn't lost a home league game since 2016. I do remember Scum winning there a couple of years ago though, I saw it with a Serbian colleague of mine at the time (Red Star fan). :)

Yep:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41624826
I think in the end it was that they hadn't lost at home in the CL but I don't know how accurate that actually is.

I think in the end it was that they hadn't lost at home in the CL but I don't know how accurate that actually is.

apparently Woolwich and Bolton have beaten them (Europa/UEFA Cup) there. We’re the first in CL/European Cup.
Doesn’t mean a great deal obviously given how teams change with the passage of time, but still nice that it’s being spoken about in such a way that it negates the Woolwich win.

Was good fun eh? Nice City I thought. Did you bother with the coaches or just make your own way to the ground?

yes I did the coach thing. At the risk of sounding a bit girly I was a little unsure about going direct to the ground on my own against the official advice (with hindsight it would have been absolutely fine as long as I avoided rip off cabs).
When I got to Student Square to get the tram I bumped into some people I’d met at the airport on the way out. As it was as clear as mud what was happening they decided to get cabs to the coach pick up point at the sports centre. They had a spare place so kindly let me join them. It was all a bit chaotic but it worked and the coach back meddled up being perfect as it dropped us off just round the corner from my hotel.
I did kind of like Belgrade but would like to see it in better weather as it is very much a place for wandering around.

Back