• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

In the Spanish or Italian leagues .. with him not being the main focus of the side .. he would do just fine, he'd also pick up more than a few goals.

Today you could see it was just form, ugly form, yet in his worst form he got a goal and got the ball to both Kane and Lo Celso in good positions

Some of it’s probably form - but I think that’s tied into his lack of mental toughness. I honestly think he thought Real or Barca would be battering the door down for him once he’d said ‘Come and get me’ in the summer. Now I reckon he’s struggling as he can see the reality of the situation; that we are near the top end of the teams who are likely to want him.

Well, that’s my hunch anyway.

Ok I get that he can't throw a player under the bus, but this is a bit concerning...

Not really, as much as I would not Eriksen to start for us anytime soon, I guess as a manger he needs to keep the player onside in case we need him in am emergency.

I think we'll see the better version of Eriksen in the coming months. He wasn't playing very well yesterday, but the goal will give him back some confidence. Although he misplaced some easy passes, he got into better areas and tried the right pass at the right time at least, something he hasn't really done up until now. We need all the players performing at a high level in the busy period coming up.

I think we'll see the better version of Eriksen in the coming months. He wasn't playing very well yesterday, but the goal will give him back some confidence. Although he misplaced some easy passes, he got into better areas and tried the right pass at the right time at least, something he hasn't really done up until now. We need all the players performing at a high level in the busy period coming up.
I don’t. I think the goal was as half arsed as his recent output, and if it wasn’t for the defender shanking it onto target it was barely a shot.

He looked like he didn’t give a monkeys when it went it and his performance was equally as ambivalent.

I don’t. I think the goal was as half arsed as his recent output, and if it wasn’t for the defender shanking it onto target it was barely a shot.

He looked like he didn’t give a monkeys when it went it and his performance was equally as ambivalent.

Just love that word.

The ball was under his foot when he received it ..

I think if you have played as badly as he has for months, celebrating wildly for scoring the last goal in a rout against 3rd rate opponents is probably OTT.

This isn't an argument about his contributions (they have been brick), but it's amazing how people asume malice for everything ..

I think if you have played as badly as he has for months, celebrating wildly for scoring the last goal in a rout against 3rd rate opponents is probably OTT.

This isn't an argument about his contributions (they have been brick), but it's amazing how people asume malice for everything ..
It’s not a stretch when you consider the rest of his performer in that exact game.

I think he misplaced some relatively easy passes that Lo Celso in his first start just wouldn’t have struggled with. He was passed the ball and turned into trouble easily because he didn’t know what was around him, and the pace of his passes just looked slower. It was also like the difference between Sess’ crossing and Rose - Sess drills it at pace in a way Rose rarely does.

I think maybe there is just something in the fact that the new era of players we have just have more quality on the ball. Eriksen has always been a good crosser but that art of drilling the ball through the lines is something that takes real skill. Foyth has it too. I saw a tweet saying Kane misplaced one pass from Foyth probably because he was so shocked that a ball was driven into him at pace that he just wouldn’t have expected it, and although it was trying to be funny I kind of agree with it. I think the players we have had for the last 5 years have done really well of course, but the ones we have brought in just seem like a real step up in quality even still. And I fear for Eriksen that it will be shown up over the rest of this season and he won’t get the move he thought because of it.

I think he misplaced some relatively easy passes that Lo Celso in his first start just wouldn’t have struggled with. He was passed the ball and turned into trouble easily because he didn’t know what was around him, and the pace of his passes just looked slower. It was also like the difference between Sess’ crossing and Rose - Sess drills it at pace in a way Rose rarely does.

I think maybe there is just something in the fact that the new era of players we have just have more quality on the ball. Eriksen has always been a good crosser but that art of drilling the ball through the lines is something that takes real skill. Foyth has it too. I saw a tweet saying Kane misplaced one pass from Foyth probably because he was so shocked that a ball was driven into him at pace that he just wouldn’t have expected it, and although it was trying to be funny I kind of agree with it. I think the players we have had for the last 5 years have done really well of course, but the ones we have bought in just seem like a real step up in quality even still. And I fear for Eriksen that it will be shown up over the rest of this season and he won’t get the move he thought because of it.

Mate, he is out of form, his confidence is shot but you have to be crazy if you think we have better passers in the side. Kane had a horrible first touch last night and was slow to react several times (doesn't mean I think that is how he can play)

Eriksen had 30 minutes on the pitch, he misplaced several passes, hit a poor shot on goal, scored a goal and got the ball to both Kane and Lo Celso in scoring positions (both of them should have done better), and that's what makes a top player, in his worst form he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists in a cameo.

I think his time is done here and we likely won't see the best of him again unless its with another club, but a regular (not even fully on form) Eriksen is the best CM, passer and technical player by some margin (with both feet as well)

Mate, he is out of form, his confidence is shot but you have to be crazy if you think we have better passers in the side. Kane had a horrible first touch last night and was slow to react several times (doesn't mean I think that is how he can play)

Eriksen had 30 minutes on the pitch, he misplaced several passes, hit a poor shot on goal, scored a goal and got the ball to both Kane and Lo Celso in scoring positions (both of them should have done better), and that's what makes a top player, in his worst form he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists in a cameo.

I think his time is done here and we likely won't see the best of him again unless its with another club, but a regular (not even fully on form) Eriksen is the best CM, passer and technical player by some margin (with both feet as well)

I think there's signs that Ndombele is as good if not a better passer than Eriksen.

I don't think anyone is claiming malice, disintrest yes, in spades.

I think there's signs that Ndombele is as good if not a better passer than Eriksen.

He's got a good, hard low pass. Eriksen's range of passing (yes, not recently) is obscene, both feet, one touch, no look, short, long .. we don't have a passer in that class (and no that doesn't mean I'm asking to keep him or play him, just as someone who has been accused of revising history re Poch, I think there is a ton of revision being done now re Eriksen)

He's got a good, hard low pass. Eriksen's range of passing (yes, not recently) is obscene, both feet, one touch, no look, short, long .. we don't have a passer in that class (and no that doesn't mean I'm asking to keep him or play him, just as someone who has been accused of revising history re Poch, I think there is a ton of revision being done now re Eriksen)

I think you're doing Ndombele a real disservice there.

Ndombele has a great range of passing... a better range than I expected by some way
Erisken can be genuinely world class with his when he is on it and is massively under rated (sure his current efforts are helping that re write). But NDomvele can pass and drive with the ball. That’s a massive thing to have
Add in Le Celso who can pass too and we then have two options rather than one (we have been too reliant on eriksens brilliance)

Ndombele has a great range of passing... a better range than I expected by some way
Eriksen-sen-sen can be genuinely world class with his when he is on it and is massively under rated (sure his current efforts are helping that re write). But NDomvele can pass and drive with the ball. That’s a massive thing to have
Add in Le Celso who can pass too and we then have two options rather than one (we have been too reliant on eriksens brilliance)

I think this drives at the heart of the mkII Poch has wanted to build, and which was cemented after the insipid CL Final defeat. It is my theory that he realized last season that that side -however much it has achieved- was not going to get across the line when it really counted. Too many near misses. I have often wondered whether he looked at talent like Eriksen , around and through whom he built our creativity, and concluded that for whatever reason, he was not going to get us across the line. And I wonder if looking at the CL Final, and the glorious opportunity it gave us, when he saw the likes of Eriksen unable to find the extra 10% their talent suggests they could find to make the difference, he decided it was time to move in this other direction. More dynamic, 4-3-3 than before? With the sort of drive and creativity Ndombele and Lo Celso can offer, which is quality with great passing but of a different nature to the singular, maestro-esque qualities of Eriksen?

I think this drives at the heart of the mkII Poch has wanted to build, and which was cemented after the insipid CL Final defeat. It is my theory that he realized last season that that side -however much it has achieved- was not going to get across the line when it really counted. Too many near misses. I have often wondered whether he looked at talent like Eriksen , around and through whom he built our creativity, and concluded that for whatever reason, he was not going to get us across the line. And I wonder if looking at the CL Final, and the glorious opportunity it gave us, when he saw the likes of Eriksen unable to find the extra 10% their talent suggests they could find to make the difference, he decided it was time to move in this other direction. More dynamic, 4-3-3 than before? With the sort of drive and creativity Ndombele and Lo Celso can offer, which is quality with great passing but of a different nature to the singular, maestro-esque qualities of Eriksen?

this is exactly what I was trying to say. It’s not that I think Eriksen is a bad passer, of course not, but I specifically mentioned the type of penetrative passing that N’Dombele and Lo Celso we’re offering is so different to what we have seen. Eriksen has been a great crosser and good with nifty touches, but the pace at which he drives the ball forward, the difficult areas we can get into in the opposition’s half, and how quickly, is just markedly different compared to the new guys.

Back