• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

It shouldn't be a tough decision. Take N'Dombele off at HT in the match when we're cruising, and use him in one where a decent midfield can run riot over the opposition who don't have one.

Certainly does sound easy doesn’t it? You wonder why an elite coach can’t spot what every wannabe football manager on the internet can. Or perhaps could it be for a different reason, such as the conditioning of a new player in the PL who has already had one musculoskeletal injury? Could it be Poch is following a regimen determined by the sports scientists and physios to prevent ndombele breaking down again and this time for longer? Could it be just unfortunate that the conditioning fell between 2 such important games?

Like I said before I am neither a sports scientist nor a physio but I very much doubt that multi million pound assets who have been scouted and tracked by the manager would just be left on the bench without a whole host of analysis done to gauge their suitability to play.

Last edited:
Certainly does sound easy doesn’t it? You wonder why an elite coach can’t spot what every wannabe football manager on the internet can. Or perhaps could it be for a different reason, such as the conditioning of a new player in the PL who has already had one musculoskeletal injury? Could it be Poch is following a regimen determined by the sports scientists and physios to prevent ndombele breaking down again and this time for longer? Could it be just unfortunate that the conditioning fell between 2 such important games?

Like I said before I am neither a sports scientist nor a physio but I very much doubt that multi million pound assets who have been scouted and tracked by the manager would just be left on the bench without a whole host of analysis done to gauge their suitability to play.
Whether it's Poch or the people he employs, someone is failing.

Buck stops with him and he has to fix it or make way for someone who can.

Whether it's Poch or the people he employs, someone is failing.

Buck stops with him and he has to fix it or make way for someone who can.
Or perhaps they are getting it right and we just need to be patient while a player who has moved from a different league settles in and gets up to the pace of the PL? It’s not like we have had lots of options for press resistant midfielders seeing as we signed no one in the previous 2 transfer windows.

Hopefully won’t be long until Pochettino has him up to speed and we finally have an heir to Modric’s sublime progressive passing...

I didn't watch the game, but these highlights certainly don't suggest N'Dombele is struggling with the pace of the PL or needing more time to adjust. From the video he looks more than capable playing away against the best team in the league.

Limited evidence of course, but I see no reason he shouldn't be a regular starter for us.

I didn't watch the game, but these highlights certainly don't suggest N'Dombele is struggling with the pace of the PL or needing more time to adjust. From the video he looks more than capable playing away against the best team in the league.

Limited evidence of course, but I see no reason he shouldn't be a regular starter for us.
The guy can play like this against anyone, he showed that in the CL

Whether he can do that for 90 minutes in the prem ... only Poch knows

Or perhaps they are getting it right and we just need to be patient while a player who has moved from a different league settles in and gets up to the pace of the PL? It’s not like we have had lots of options for press resistant midfielders seeing as we signed no one in the previous 2 transfer windows.
He's been out best player by a huge margin - the problem isn't Ndombele

He's been out best player by a huge margin - the problem isn't Ndombele
Never argued he was. Just saying he needs proper conditioning or risk breaking down again. It’s tragic that players like Dembele, Wanyama, and Lamela have suffered major musculoskeletal injuries and have not been the same players again after. Perhaps Poch is trying to do something different to change that.

Poch and his team have scouted, tracked and then brought this guy in. Not a DOF, but Poch and his team. He is therefore clearly Poch’s man. I cannot see any reason not to play him other than conditioning.

Poch and his team have scouted, tracked and then bought this guy in. Not a DOF, but Poch and his team. He is therefore clearly Poch’s man. I cannot see any reason not to play him other than conditioning.
I think you attribute far too much logic to Poch's thought processes. Have you read much of his book?

Quality player Love how he wraps the passes into players feet. Similar technique to how Gerrard passed.

So good on the ball I'm still rubbing my eyes, then he goes and gifts RSB a chance to get back in.

But, you know what, I'll happily take the odd fart from him if he can continue to take my breath away like he did tonight.

Last edited:
Back