• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Those pictures were reality... People were coming into Europe from around the world and are still coming in from around the world illegally so it were not a lie and is not a lie to highlight it ......

Fair play.
But unlike that poster they are not coming in in a queue.
And it's not like they can easily get into the UK without any papers. They are not legit migrants. Not really an issue for the UK is it?
Moreover, how will leaving the EU change people coming in the UK in refrigerated lorries illegally? What will it change? It's such a small number of people too.
The Turkey poster was a separate one, my bad. It said Turkey is joining the EU - 76 million. That was a lie.

All the mainstream parties are offering freebies, bigger government to nanny us all and project fear of the other parties..I see politicians playing the blame game and making promises but they're all the same, that they all support having an economy based on a continued influx of vast numbers of people... There's pressure on the infrastructure, schools, hospitals, homes need to be built, rising rents and prices to buy homes, all are consequences of the vast importation of people...

So yes, Farage's post Brexit utopia is more of the same..Less European , more ROTW - fantastic!...

You didn't answer a question I asked that I hoped you would ....You labelled Farage as kinda racist so I asked you if there's any politician or political party that is willing to say that these levels of immigration are unacceptable that you not deem racist. Is there any, or is being opposed to these levels of immigration simply bigoted and hateful?

I did clearly answer your question. Re-read the post? It is not racist to talk about immigration. Or to say we need to control it. I don't think anyone has said otherwise.

But we should be balanced. At the moment, Brits don't want to do the fruit picking, the cleaning up old people in care homes, the most menial of building jobs. That Brits don't do these jobs so much anymore is a bad thing according to your outlook? The issue is complex and its all well and good saying "less immigration" another thing if your Dad can't get care in hospital or our food is more expensive. On the flip side I agree that Remainers and liberals have not been able to understand that if you're driving a bus, and you see Poles coming over to the UK taking bus driving jobs and you don't get any pay rises for a decade, then you have every right to have issues with free movement. I'm not sure EU migration will be as great as it was previously tho. There was a period when Germany, France etc opted out of free movement, but we chose - in the UK - not to. So we had a disproportionate number. And now eastern Europe is better off as well.

So look, what I am trying to say is its complex. Immigration brings positives and Brexit really does nothing to address the issue most people are concerned with. That is why Farage has distanced himself. What is the answer? I really don't know. We live in a densely populated nation. It is not unreasonable to put those who live here now first, but we need some immigration to keep services, food production, diversity etc. What is your solution?

Rees Mogg, the gift that keeps on giving. I'll bet the Albino clown shoe puts the gag on this liability before too long. Every time this relic from the 18th century opens it's mouth, I reckon the Tories lose a couple of thousand votes.
Nothing's going to change.

It's been news for hours now and the only people who seem to have a problem with it are the swivel-eyed communists who would never have voted centrist anyway.

The Green Party will pledge to invest £100bn a year in climate action for a decade if it gets into power.

Launching her campaign in Bristol, co-leader Sian Berry will say: "Some things are even bigger than Brexit. This must be the climate election."

The party says it will fund the pledge by borrowing £91.2bn a year, with a further £9bn from "tax changes" including a rise in corporation tax.

The Greens will also set out plans to make Britain carbon neutral by 2030.

The government has already committed to cut carbon emissions to net zero by 2050, a move announced by former prime minister Theresa May before she left office earlier this year.

The Green Party's co-leader Jonathan Bartley has defended the levels of borrowing needed to fulfil the pledge, saying the investment would create hundreds of thousands of new jobs and "pay for itself in the long run".

Speaking on the Today programme, he said: "We have to make this investment if we're going to tackle the climate emergency.

"And we have to make it now rather than in 10 years' time because we know the change has to come and be completed in 10 years."

"Of course, it will save us a hell of a lot money in the long run. The climate emergency - if it comes to fruition - does not bear thinking about in terms of the cost of trillions to the economy."

Political parties have begun to launch their election campaigns after the overnight dissolution of Parliament heralded the official start to the five-week campaign period.

Brexit is set to be a crucial issue when voters go to the polls on 12 December, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson insisting the UK will leave in January if he is returned to power.

However, some parties, including the Greens, are using their campaigns to draw attention to other issues.

Elsewhere in the election campaign on Wednesday:

• Boris Johnson is due to start the Conservative Party election campaign at a rally in the West Midlands and will say only his party can "get Brexit done"
  • In a speech in Telford, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn will say his government should be judged on the "real change" it delivers and "the concrete improvements it makes to the lives of millions"
At the Green Party election campaign launch, Ms Berry is due to say: "Let's be honest about the situation we're in. We know these are dark times. It's easy to fear the future.

"The threat of Brexit hangs over our heads, the climate emergency rages from the Amazon to the Arctic, and our fragile democracy is under attack.

"But despite all this, Greens don't fear the future.

"We welcome the future. Because we know that we stand at the threshold of what could be the most exciting and prosperous period of British history."

Ms Berry has co-led the Greens alongside Jonathan Bartley since September 2018. Previously, the party was led by Mr Bartley and its only MP, Caroline Lucas.

Deputy leader Amelia Womack will also set out the Green Party's plan to make the country carbon neutral by 2030.

This will be done, Ms Womack will say, by building 100,000 energy efficient homes each year, by "revolutionising" transport infrastructure, a roll-out of renewable energy and creating "hundreds of thousands" of "low carbon jobs" - including, for example, workers installing insulation in homes.

"This could be our last chance to elect a Parliament to keep us below dangerous warming," Ms Womack will say.

"The climate doesn't care about promises. The environment doesn't care about pledges.

"What we need is action. And the Green Party has the single most ambitious and comprehensive plan to go carbon neutral by 2030 while delivering social justice across Britain."

Labour has also set out some of its own environmental pledges, including a promise to cut UK carbon emissions by 10% through a home improvement programme.

A Labour government would fund £60bn of energy-saving upgrades, such as loft insulation, enhanced double glazing and new heating systems, by 2030.

The Conservatives say it has "a proper plan to continue reducing carbon emissions" which will build on the "400,000 low carbon jobs we've already created [while in government]".

EIpBWJSWkAofqfM

Do you see what Rees Mogg has attempted? He tried to deflect blame from the deregulated building industry regime that his self entitled ideology introduced and attempted to blame the victims for their own deaths. What a grub! No shock though, as it sums the Tories up perfectly

Last edited:
There is so much wrong with this headline I'm not sure where to start (and I don't mean the complete failure of the sub-editor with the layout).

The Russia projection is an interesting slant straight from the Trump playbook. The Tories are sitting on the Russian referendum interferance report, they are getting wads of money from Russia, Cummings has multiple dubious links to Russia from his time there and links to the Ukrainian Oligarch Firtash (centre of the Trump Ukraine scandal), etc.. So Boris decides to use this horrendous analogy of the kulaks genocide to score a cheap political point.
"No you're the puppet".

Last edited:
Probably the worst start to a campaign I've ever seen, I don't think negative campaigning works very well anymore.
You are not wrong. The amount of own goals they've managed to score in such a short space of time is rather impressive in a way.

Has Jacob Reese Mogg ever set foot in a council house? Was he wishing the poor burn? Like, if they are too stupid to get out let em burn! Never mind the fire phalanx were telling people to stay put.

Meanwhile, a member of Boris' government has been lying covering up his mate's rape. Boris thinks Brexit is a ready meal; while Labour are going full left with Tom Watson jumping ship to become a diet guru.

What has happened to British politics?

Has Jacob Reese Mogg ever set foot in a council house? Was he wishing the poor burn? Like, if they are too stupid to get out let em burn! Never mind the fire rude boys were telling people to stay put.

Meanwhile, a member of Boris' government has been lying covering up his mate's rape. Boris thinks Brexit is a ready meal; while Labour are going full left with Tom Watson jumping ship to become a diet guru.

What has happened to British politics?
The historical protest vote party now seems like the voice of "reason" (I used that very loosely)
And the Kermit party are now the protest vote, but their policy is a global focus.
And there is a new protest vote party.....led by a xenophobic frog who is too scared to stand for election himself.

Nice to see the rat that is Tom Watson has finally been desposed after trying to see off 2 leaders he's now as insignificant as he ever was, I pity the poor people that are looking forward to buying his book - probably have some good lessons on how to stab your neighbours in the back.

Back