• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - FK Crvena zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur, CL Group stage, round 4***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh brick. Can someone blindfold our lads, or bring them on through an emergency exit?

A big scary tunnel is going to absolutely destroy them and have them wetting the bed some more for weeks to come.

Not as scary as when I played against a team in Batersea in the late 60's and one of their players had a shotgun in the boot of his car with the kit.

It was dodging the " find the lady" card sharps which made the journey interesting, not a nice area if you stayed past dark.

The players tunnel which what i was referring to even had blood on the walls ( or what looked liked blood).

Very true. A lot of the old fans no longer go there anymore ( my old man was a City fan), they are that desperate to fill the ground they are giving away S/T to those who say they can no longer afford them. True story.

I think the technical term is "brickhouse" was a dodgy area.

Gazzaniga
Foyth, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose
Dier, Winks
Lo Celso, Dele, Son
Kane

Vorm, Tanganga, Davies, Sissoko, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Lucas

Last edited:
Tomorrow might just be the start of our comeback to form. A reasonable result tomorrow, and then a win on Saturday might just get our season back on track. After all a team with Kane, Son, Moura and an in-form Dele should be winning many more than they lose....

It was dodging the " find the lady" card sharps which made the journey interesting, not a nice area if you stayed past dark.

The players tunnel which what i was referring to even had blood on the walls ( or what looked liked blood).

Very true. A lot of the old fans no longer go there anymore ( my old man was a City fan), they are that desperate to fill the ground they are giving away S/T to those who say they can no longer afford them. True story.

Yes indeed, Moss Side after dark was never disneyland. I expect you were there for the 4-2 cup match? Even from where we were we knew Coton had said something to Sheringham about that pen, likely along the lines of ‘if you score this place will get torched’...the invasion was mental. I was talking with Noel Gallagher about it once and he said he was on there trying to reach us hahahahaha!

This is a must-win match for us if we want to progress to the next stage of the CL. Red Star is only 1 point behind us. We should get at least a draw if we want to finish above them in the table. But our performances have been poor this season, home or away. Not sure what is Pochettino going to do to lift our form. We need all the help we can get now, including any lucky charm or inspiration from somewhere !

Our attack have been in such a poor form recently. Not sure where we are going to get the goals from. We need Kane, Son, Moura and Eriksen to lift their game and help us get the goals. Wish Lamela is fully fit to play as his creativity and work rate will help us greatly. I think Lo Celso is still not ready to play in important match like this.We should be trying long range shots more, instead of always trying to dribble into goal.

Our midfield is still unsettled so far this season. We are still not sure what is our best midfield partnership. Remember, we once had Dembele-Dier or Dembele-Wanyama as the tried and tested midfield combination. But with Dembele sold and Dier and Wanyama out-of-sorts, not sure who will replace them in midfield. Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks just don't offer the same quality in midfield. Ndombele's progress has been too slow since joining us while Sissoko is still poor with his finishing. Still not convinced of Winks. So, we have to hope Ndombele and Sissoko will improve together as a pair in midfield.

Our defence cannot seem to keep the clean sheets nowadays. Wish we can keep the clean sheet in this match. But that is going to be very tough since we are playing away. Despite all our problems in defence this season, Alderweireld and Vertonghen are still our best defenders, so they should start this match. Sanchez makes too many crucial errors which could be risky in away matches like this. Let's hope Gazzaniga will be in best form to stop Red star scoring in this match.

We did well to beat Red Star 5-0 at home. Wish we can repeat the performance in this match. We don't have good record away in Europe. Remember we led 2-0 but ended up drawing 2-2 with Olympiacos in our previous CL away match. We should learn to be more clinical in front of goal and smart in defending our leads. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Red Star and improve our chances to progress to the next stage of the CL.

Everybody dance now!

It is disappointing that Vertonghen and Lamela are still out injured. We will need inspiration from somewhere. It will help us if we can score early but we also need to learn how to defend the lead and kill the match. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to stay in the CL.

My first European awayday.
Flight cancelled this morning. Rerouted with 2 stops instead of 1, adding four hours to the journey. One connection with only 30 mins to make. First (rearranged) flight now at least 30 mins delayed.
The usual pessimistic side of me thinks this is a bad omen for the whole trip.
The rarer optimist is hoping that it’s good to get all this out of the way today and all will be good tomorrow.

Finally got here just before midnight. Only 10 hours later than scheduled.

Good omen 1) - the driver who picked me up from the airport had earlier picked up Levy and someone else, and still had the THFC board inside his windscreen. Made me feel quite special!

Good omen 2) - at hotel breakfast this morning the background music was some kind of old gospel type compilation and included “oh when the saints”. (Ok, not quite perfect).

Security wise, the plan was supposed to be that coaches would take us from the city centre to the stadium.
But for reasons that defy any logic whatsoever the authorities here, despite it seems strong protests and lobbying from not only the club but UEFA as well, have decided that the coach pick up will be 9km outside the centre. So we are told to take public transport tram (which actually passes the stadium and goes beyond), to get to the coach pick up point, to then take us back to the stadium. Or make our own way which is against all advice, but is probably what a lot of people will end up doing. (According to the Trust, the club had to pay 10k to arrange the coaches, only for the police to change the pick up point).
This was not what they did for Utd 2 weeks ago when they played Partizan, apparently.
Ridiculous. But hey-ho. All part of the fun I guess.

Good omen 1) - the driver who picked me up from the airport had earlier picked up Levy and someone else, and still had the THFC board inside his windscreen. Made me feel quite special!

Good omen 2) - at hotel breakfast this morning the background music was some kind of old gospel type compilation and included “oh when the saints”. (Ok, not quite perfect).

Security wise, the plan was supposed to be that coaches would take us from the city centre to the stadium.
But for reasons that defy any logic whatsoever the authorities here, despite it seems strong protests and lobbying from not only the club but UEFA as well, have decided that the coach pick up will be 9km outside the centre. So we are told to take public transport tram (which actually passes the stadium and goes beyond), to get to the coach pick up point, to then take us back to the stadium. Or make our own way which is against all advice, but is probably what a lot of people will end up doing. (According to the Trust, the club had to pay 10k to arrange the coaches, only for the police to change the pick up point).
This was not what they did for Utd 2 weeks ago when they played Partizan, apparently.
Just stay safe

these trips can be absolutely nuts

Gazzaniga
Foyth Sanchez Alderweireld Rose
Ndombele Dier
Son Dele Lo Celso
Kane

Subs:
Vorm, Tanganga, Sissoko, Moura, Davies, Winks, Sessegnon

And I thought @Jon was posting pictures of washing machines when discussing Son's foul on Gomez. Did my head in trying to figure out the connection.
Yeah sorry about that. Just spotted an opportunity to branch out into white goods sales.
Anyway, about those caravans you’re selling?....

Some choice for your first European away!

Back