• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

your assuming
It’s dangerous to assume anything and IMO wrong
That’s just my opinion of course

I'm making a judgement based on what I've seen. We do it all the time on here:

"Kane wasn't fully fit"
"Poch is obviously making decisions to get the sack"
"Eriksen isn't even trying"

I'm making a judgement based on what I've seen. We do it all the time on here:

"Kane wasn't fully fit"
"Poch is obviously making decisions to get the sack"
"Eriksen isn't even trying"
Yes
I just think a call where you think a player is trying to take another out is a “BIG” call and a wrong one

Yes
I just think a call where you think a player is trying to take another out is a “BIG” call and a wrong one

In my view, he's trying to foul him, hes not trying to injure him and certainly not trying to break his leg. I think how quick Son holds his hand up is a further, albeit not conclusive, sign that he never expected to get the ball.

Son red carded partly for consequences of his challenge on Gomes. What nonsense! Atkinson got out a yellow which was correct, then got caught in the moment then changed to a red. The challenge was not dangerous. Hope we appeal.

Son red carded partly for consequences of his challenge on Gomes. What nonsense! Atkinson got out a yellow which was correct, then got caught in the moment then changed to a red. The challenge was not dangerous. Hope we appeal.

This will be key...if the club don't appeal it will show we are weak-minded to our core...

Feel for Son to be involved in that; he clearly really isn't "that type of player" and i just hope he can get a lot of the guilt out of his system before Wednesday, as we'll need him big time..

This will be key...if the club don't appeal it will show we are weak-minded to our core...

Feel for Son to be involved in that; he clearly really isn't "that type of player" and i just hope he can get a lot of the guilt out of his system before Wednesday, as we'll need him big time..
We will appeal
And the will uphold the red
When you have mincers like Clattenberg saying Aurier should have gone too you know the less and less of a clue by the day

We will appeal
And the will uphold the red
When you have mincers like Clattenberg saying Aurier should have gone too you know the less and less of a clue by the day

No doubt, politics will mean they'll probably stick to their brick decision. But it wil mean a lot i feel if we appeal. If we don't, well word will fail me...

The problem I have with the decision is that Atkinson had shown him a yellow based on his observation of the tackle but without knowledge of the severity of the injury. To then change it is not part of any rule I know. Otherwise every time a challenge leads to serious injury, it should be a red. Plainly, that is not the case and would be illogical.
On the flip side of that, we could get all of our players to go in knee high on Ham Salad and only the hero who ends his career would get a red for it.

Sounds like a good rule from that angle.

In my view, he's trying to foul him, hes not trying to injure him and certainly not trying to break his leg. I think how quick Son holds his hand up is a further, albeit not conclusive, sign that he never expected to get the ball.

I agree. It's straight out of Guardiola book of tactical fouling. He wanted to stop the dangerous Everton everton attack. Its a yellow and no more.

Copied from this website:

The Premier League released a statement after the match, which read: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

Oh my. If this is the new standard, we should see plenty red cards from now on. Because surely you can endanger the safety of a player without him getting injured? If Gomez had simply slipped and taken a knock, he would still have been endangered, I presume? What if he had twisted his ankle and had to be subbed? Is there any difference?

An elbow to the face surely won't be judged more endangering if the player suffers a concussion than if he doesn’t? A tough tackle can't possibly be punished harder if the tackled player lands awkwardly and dislocates his shoulder, than if he walks away unharmed? Are you endangering a player more if your initially perfectly legal shoulder barge causes a fall and a subsequent arm break?

This is not a can of worms I'd open if I was the PL.

Copied from this website:

The Premier League released a statement after the match, which read: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

Oh my. If this is the new standard, we should see plenty red cards from now on. Because surely you can endanger the safety of a player without him getting injured? If Gomez had simply slipped and taken a knock, he would still have been endangered, I presume? What if he had twisted his ankle and had to be subbed? Is there any difference?

An elbow to the face surely won't be judged more endangering if the player suffers a concussion than if he doesn’t? A tough tackle can't possibly be punished harder if the tackled player lands awkwardly and dislocates his shoulder, than if he walks away unharmed? Are you endangering a player more if your initially perfectly legal shoulder barge causes a fall and a subsequent arm break?

This is not a can of worms I'd open if I was the PL.

Mate, this is nothing more than usual PL protecting their own.

VAR did not review the decision, Atkinson simply fell for the pressure by Everton players and the emotion of seeing an injured player and reversed a decision he had already made (correct one) with no real justification.

Already some bs rumours that they are considering extending Son's red card ban ..

No doubt if we appeal, we will get a few more "unfortunate" decisions against us.

Back