• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I hope we get to see NDombele and Lo Celso starting and maybe Sessegnon from the bench today , which should give us an indication as to what team shape those signings were bought to support. I do think a faster style of play is imperative as our old strategy was very reliant on Eriksen, admittedly made even more difficult with our penchant for leaking goals which further encouraged teams to defend with a low block.

I remain mystified with KWP’s treatment, I have a concern he could get physically dominated but he’s never really let us down and the one big mistake he did make he showed a lot of character to recover from (v Barca) He might not be able to match Aurier’s A game but if prefer a solid 7 out of ten regular performance then a 9 followed by two 3’s. I feel the same about goalkeepers and centre backs too, consistency is key to allow the other players to trust each other.

Would love to see that front three and midfield, though the big drawback is we lack the quality offensive fullbacks to truly pull it off.

I think we'll move to a front 3 of Alli Son Kane with a lot of interchanging rather than a front 3 with 2 wide forwards.

He simply has to fudging go

- Picks Eriksen again
- Leaves Lo Celso on bench
- Takes N'dombele off first
- Doesn't use last sub until 101 minutes until we have squandered the lead a fudging another time
- We played absolute dogbrick, 62% possession against a dreadful side and at 57 minutes had no shots on goal (think we ended with 2?)

12 away without a win, the records keep coming ...

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: We were playing well but it’s difficult to assess the last ten minutes. Talking only about football, it was a very difficult game. We were good but the game changed after the incident."

On the Gomes injury: We feel very sorry. It’s a very bad situation. It’s very bad luck how he landed. We can only send our best wishes to him. It’s not about football, it’s important that he is okay. We feel devastated, it was so, so difficult. Son is devastated. He was very confused. It was difficult to keep calm. It was no intentional. It was so, so bad luck."

On VAR: "I am disappointed with some aspects of the game. VAR must help the referee but it seems to cause more confusion. It needs reviewing. I think our referees need to go to the screen and check. At the moment I do not know if it is helping or if it causing more confusion."

He simply has to fudging go

- Picks Eriksen again
- Leaves Lo Celso on bench
- Takes N'dombele off first
- Doesn't use last sub until 101 minutes until we have squandered the lead a fudging another time
- We played absolute dogbrick, 62% possession against a dreadful side and at 57 minutes had no shots on goal (think we ended with 2?)

12 away without a win, the records keep coming ...

If not for a very harsh sending off we probably win that game. Also denied a penalty that could have easily been given.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: We were playing well but it’s difficult to assess the last ten minutes. Talking only about football, it was a very difficult game. We were good but the game changed after the incident."

On the Gomes injury: We feel very sorry. It’s a very bad situation. It’s very bad luck how he landed. We can only send our best wishes to him. It’s not about football, it’s important that he is okay. We feel devastated, it was so, so difficult. Son is devastated. He was very confused. It was difficult to keep calm. It was no intentional. It was so, so bad luck."

On VAR: "I am disappointed with some aspects of the game. VAR must help the referee but it seems to cause more confusion. It needs reviewing. I think our referees need to go to the screen and check. At the moment I do not know if it is helping or if it causing more confusion."

We were not good. It's only because Everton were so bad we could get away with coasting in second gear.

If not for a very harsh sending off we probably win that game. Also denied a penalty that could have easily been given.

Brain, you seem like a decent, reasonable bloke but are you happy with that performance today? Even with Kane out do you not expect more against a struggling team devoid of any confidence?

The performances in the league since January have been nothing short of mediocre. I’d challenge anyone to name one decent team that we’ve beaten in the league in 2019. Just one.

In your opinion, what is Poch getting right at the moment?

We were not good. It's only because Everton were so bad we could get away with coasting in second gear.

Lucky the are 3 worse teams in the league.

I think we will win 6 or 7 times this season and a few draws which will be enough to stay up.

The season will be a waste if we do not integrate new players into the team and squad.

Stop. Making. Excuses.

We played dogbrick.

I’m fine with my excuses, thanks. I’m just not minded to vent. I thought we looked solid. My bigger concerns early in the season were around how we didn’t look like we could win a tackle, anticipate were the ball was going or play with any confidence with the ball. I think we are improving in all of those respects.

We look aggressive in the tackle now, we are winning challenges. We look better on the ball. I thought Lucas and Eriksen were the worst performers today but most other players look like they are playing their way into form. I think we’ll be fine.

But as an excuse, a harsh sending off is quite clearly going to alter the dynamic of the game. Just because we are in bad form and people want Poch out, it doesn’t change that fact.

I’m fine with my excuses, thanks. I’m just not minded to vent. I thought we looked solid. My bigger concerns early in the season were around how we didn’t look like we could win a tackle, anticipate were the ball was going or play with any confidence with the ball. I think we are improving in all of those respects.

We look aggressive in the tackle now, we are winning challenges. We look better on the ball. I thought Lucas and Eriksen were the worst performers today but most other players look like they are playing their way into form. I think we’ll be fine.

But as an excuse, a harsh sending off is quite clearly going to alter the dynamic of the game. Just because we are in bad form and people want Poch out, it doesn’t change that fact.

Mate, we didn't have a shot on target until the 57th minute and finished with a grand total of 2!!!! Against a really poor Everton side ffs !!! If we had played well, created chances, scored a few goals , the VAR calls would have made no difference.

Mate, we didn't have a shot on target until the 57th minute and finished with a grand total of 2!!!! Against a really poor Everton side ffs !!! If we had played well, created chances, scored a few goals , the VAR calls would have made no difference.
Well they would have as we would have been ahead earlier from the spot

Brain, you seem like a decent, reasonable bloke but are you happy with that performance today? Even with Kane out do you not expect more against a struggling team devoid of any confidence?

The performances in the league since January have been nothing short of mediocre. I’d challenge anyone to name one decent team that we’ve beaten in the league in 2019. Just one.

In your opinion, what is Poch getting right at the moment?

We’re not winning games right now, but I no more think he is getting a load of stuff wrong now than I do think he was doing everything right when we had a fantastic first half of the season last year.

Sport is sport and Poch is a fallible human. Not everything he does will be 100% right. But I trust the guy and am happy for him to see it through.

Back