• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

If we were really quoting £140 million million for Eriksen then it was absolutely brain dead behaviour. There are probably only 4 or 5 clubs in European football that could pay a £140 million transfer fee and that's 'could' not 'would'.

I remember a conversation we had a the end of last season when you thought we would get big money for Eriksen and I said we would be lucky to get £50 million for him due to his contract situation. Which one of us was right?

Coutinho had a contract at Liverpool until 2022 with 3.5 years remaining on it when he moved from Liverpool to Barcelona. Liverpool held all the cards. That situation is hugely different from ours with Eriksen where the player held all the aces. Do you understand the difference here?

When you want to sell something, do you advertise it at the lowest price you are willing to accept?

My stance at the end of the season was perfectly reasonable. What I did not account for was Eriksens determination to see out his contract.

I would imagine no one showed an interest because he made it clear it was a waste of time.

And even then - were Eriksen prepared to go to Utd - I would be very confident of getting a lot more than £50m.

If that really is his game, someone ought to be kicking him up and down the training pitch. I'm sick and tired of watching him easy-ozying his way through games. Thinks he can coast to the summer? I'd be giving him a lot more to worry about than the opposition. Our lot are all too nicey-nicey though.

If we are choosing to believe this article then the following line is the most damning part of it I'd say:

Tottenham were quoting an extraordinary £140million price for the attacking midfielder at the end of last season, although that fee plummeted as the summer wore on.

I think it is now clear that Eriksen is planning on leaving on a free at the end of the season and with that being the case (coupled with him not putting his all in) he shouldn't be in our match day squads from now on.

Nothing against playing players who are leaving, provided they have their mind in the right place and are of a benefit to the teams goals for the season by being included - which clearly isn't the case with Eriksen

When you want to sell something, do you advertise it at the lowest price you are willing to accept?

My stance at the end of the season was perfectly reasonable. What I did not account for was Eriksens determination to see out his contract.

I would imagine no one showed an interest because he made it clear it was a waste of time.

And even then - were Eriksen prepared to go to Utd - I would be very confident of getting a lot more than £50m.

Eriksen will now end up a bit part player wherever he goes IMO as he hasn’t the mentality for anything bigger. Which is a shame as he is genuinely world class

And to contextulise what I mean... would one of the elite want a player that can’t stand up in a Tottenham team in its current state???

Eriksen will now end up a bit part player wherever he goes IMO as he hasn’t the meteorology for anything bigger. Which is a shame as he is genuinely world class

And to contextulise what I mean... would one of the elite want a player that can’t stand up in a Tottenham team in its current state???

Then is he genuinely world class?

I would suggest not. I think he has world class potential, or the talent to be a world class player - but I dont think he has the mental capacity to actually reach that level.

Which I think you kind of allude to? Not to be picky, its just as I read I thought "Is he though?"

I am genuinely VERY interested to see how it pans out for him from now. Not only is there the perfectly valid question you raise around proper top clubs wanting him, I think there is also the questions of can he regain his form? And can he step up from there to reach his potential?

I dont think the first is a given, but I do think the second is really not likely.

Eriksen: I have to apologize to the fans for the poor performance, but I hope you forgive me no one knows what's inside of me

Then is he genuinely world class?

I would suggest not. I think he has world class potential, or the talent to be a world class player - but I dont think he has the mental capacity to actually reach that level.

Which I think you kind of allude to? Not to be picky, its just as I read I thought "Is he though?"

I am genuinely VERY interested to see how it pans out for him from now. Not only is there the perfectly valid question you raise around proper top clubs wanting him, I think there is also the questions of can he regain his form? And can he step up from there to reach his potential?

I dont think the first is a given, but I do think the second is really not likely.

World class on ability
World class on career to date delivery
Not world class on Mentality

Eriksen is a top class player, who right now is both unsettled and out of form. Once things are settled, either by a new contract, or new club, he'll be phenomenal again, like he's been for us for 6-7 consecutive years.

If we are choosing to believe this article then the following line is the most damning part of it I'd say:

Tottenham were quoting an extraordinary £140million price for the attacking midfielder at the end of last season, although that fee plummeted as the summer wore on.

I think it is now clear that Eriksen is planning on leaving on a free at the end of the season and with that being the case (coupled with him not putting his all in) he shouldn't be in our match day squads from now on.
That's less than the top end of the Coutinho price - that's a fudging bargain.

Was my favourite player since little Luka but have lost all respect for the guy now.

The sooner he goes the better.

upload_2019-11-2_19-20-40.png

All he needs to do is play like he cares, and he has my 'forgiveness'. Take the game by the scruff of the neck, control it, help us win it, better still. But just play like you care. Please.

Back