• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

Slightly less free trade with 22% of the world in exchange for much freer trade with 78% of the world.

Seems like a good deal to me

Breaking news, the EU is right next door to us. The rest of the world is not.
  • The EU is the top trading partner for 80 countries. By comparison the US is the top trading partner for a little over 20 countries.
  • The EU is the most open to developing countries. Fuels excluded, the EU imports more from developing countries than the USA, Canada, Japan and China put together.
  • The average applied tariff for goods imported into the EU is very low. More than 70% of imports enter the EU at zero or reduced tariffs.
The EU is the world's largest economy. We're leaving it. And that will bring "prosperity". What nonsense.

Breaking news, the EU is right next door to us. The rest of the world is not.
  • The EU is the top trading partner for 80 countries. By comparison the US is the top trading partner for a little over 20 countries.
  • The EU is the most open to developing countries. Fuels excluded, the EU imports more from developing countries than the USA, Canada, Japan and China put together.
  • The average applied tariff for goods imported into the EU is very low. More than 70% of imports enter the EU at zero or reduced tariffs.
The EU is the world's largest economy. We're leaving it. And that will bring "prosperity". What nonsense.
You know we won't stop trading with the EU, right? Your posts certainly make it appear otherwise.

You know we won't stop trading with the EU, right? Your posts certainly make it appear otherwise.

Obviously! And that is precisely the point. We'll still trade with them - but on worse terms. We have completely free trade now, we won't once we leave. Plus we won't control regulations that dictate what is allowed in the market and what isn't. That means less UK control and more costly trade than we have now. There isn't an economic argument for leaving the EU. You're better off talking about immigration. Which is why the Leave campaign did.

Will you vote for the tax and spend Cummings Brexit party? They have not delivered on your promised tax cut. Do you think they ever will? They have also increased spending and UK debt. So we're paying back £40b just in interest each year. Are the Tory's the party of business anymore? I mean really, do they represent you anymore? They are just a high-end version of the Brexit party.

Last edited:
Obviously! And that is precisely the point. We'll still trade with them - but on worse terms. We have completely free trade now, we won't once we leave. Plus we won't control regulations that dictate what is allowed in the market and what isn't. That means less UK control and more costly trade than we have now. There isn't an economic argument for leaving the EU. You're better off talking about immigration. Which is why the Leave campaign did.

Will you vote for the tax and spend Cummings Brexit party? They have not delivered on your promised tax cut. Do you think they ever will? They have also increased spending and UK debt. So we're paying back £40b just in interest each year. Are the Tory's the party of business anymore? I mean really, do they represent you anymore? They are just a high-end version of the Brexit party.
The Conservatives haven't represented my political stance for a long time now. They're still lightyears better than any of the alternatives though, unfortunately.

You cannot be that naive to even think for minute these ‘name calling’ idiots just stop there.
It’s why I’m saddened to here you condone any form of abuse verbal or otherwise!
It appears our MPs (or traitors, to give them their proper names) are suffering from a bout of Liverpoolitis - always the victims.

From today's Telegraph:
This election will be such a shocker for the establishment because MPs cannot grasp how out of sync they are with the country. They are currently locked in a vicious circle, whereby the more their attitudes jar with the country’s zeitgeist, the more offended they feel, and the more they alienate themselves further from the public by being calculating and contrived.

But people are fed up with being gaslighted by their representatives – who have defiled our democracy, insulted our intelligence and are now seeking to psychologically manipulate us all into seeing them as the ones who have been wronged. Their implication that the British public, which has patiently and peacefully endured three years of their nonsense, are loathsome bullies, is fooling nobody.

I don't think the ERG are that extreme generally apart from their Brexit views, sure some of them have weird views in certain areas (Chope etc) but people like Bill Cash, John Redwood, Owen Paterson etc have been anti EU for 30-40 years - it's not like they are suddenly coming out of the woodwork now.

Ha, ha, ha ,ha.....now that is funny!

Nigel Farage has called on Boris Johnson to ditch his Brexit deal and "build a Leave alliance".

At the launch of the Brexit Party's election campaign, the leader said bringing the parties together was "the only way" forward.

But he warned Mr Johnson that if he turned down his offer, the party would field candidates in "every single seat" in England, Scotland and Wales.

The Conservatives have consistently ruled out a formal pact with the party.

It comes after President Donald Trump said Mr Farage and Boris Johnson should team up as "an unstoppable force".

Mr Johnson negotiated a deal with the EU and tried to get it through Parliament in three days to pass it before the Brexit deadline of 31 October.

However, while MPs voted it through its first hurdle in the Commons, they voted against the short timetable - leading to a three month delay to the deadline.

Mr Farage has been critical of Mr Johnson's failure to deliver on his promise that the UK would leave by Halloween.

He used the launch to condemn the PM's deal, urging him to "drop [it] because it is not Brexit".

Instead, Mr Farage urged him to pursue a free trade agreement with the EU - similar to the deal the bloc has with Canada - and imposing a new deadline of 1 July 2020 to get it signed off.

"I would view that as totally reasonable," he said. "That really would be Brexit."

MP Antoinette Sandbach, who was expelled from the parliamentary Conservative Party last month, has joined the Liberal Democrats.

The Remain-voting Cheshire MP was among 21 rebels who lost the Tory whip after rebelling against Boris Johnson in a bid to prevent a no-deal Brexit.

She will stand as a Liberal Democrat candidate in her Eddisbury constituency in December's general election.

Explaining her decision, she said the Tory Party had "moved their values".

Her move makes her the eighth MP to have joined the Lib Dems this year.

Speaking to Radio 4's Today programme, she said she had considered not standing for re-election.

"Like many of the MPs that have stood down, I have been subjected to abuse."

"It has been incredibly difficult for my family and for me. But this is a critical time in our nation's history," she said.

Announcing her decision earlier, as campaigning got under way ahead of the 12 December election, Ms Sandbach said: "People have a very clear choice.

"The Conservative Party offers years of uncertainty, whilst the Liberal Democrats will stop Brexit.

"I will stand on my strong local record, helping to secure local investment, fighting for fair funding for our schools and to secure additional funding in local health services.

"Our country deserves so much better than Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn."

Ms Sandbach was not among the 10 rebels readmitted to the party last month, shortly before the Commons backed the legislation to approve the 12 December election.

Earlier this month, she lost a confidence vote among her local party members - she described it as "symbolic" but added that "it most likely means that I am not going to be the Conservative candidate in the next election".

Contesting her Eddisbury seat as a Conservative candidate in 2017, Ms Sandbach won a near-12,000 majority over Labour, with the Lib Dem candidate third with 2,804 votes.

She was among 19 former Tories who backed the prime minister's Brexit deal legislation last week but voted against his proposed three-day timetable for it to be considered in the Commons ahead of the original Brexit deadline of 31 October.

Speaking after joining the Lib Dems, she said she was concerned Mr Johnson's deal was "a trap door to a no-deal Brexit".

She follows MPs Sarah Wollaston, Philip Lee and Sam Gyimah to become the fifth ex-Tory to join the Lib Dems in recent months.

Ex-Conservative Heidi Allen also joined the party earlier this month, after quitting the fledgling Change UK party she joined after leaving the Tories.

Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson said Ms Sandbach was a "passionate campaigner" and would be a "fantastic candidate" in the election.

"Her defection clearly shows that the Liberal Democrats are the strongest party of Remain and attracting support from right across the political spectrum," she added.

Seems anything except a no deal brexit doesn't tick enough boxes for Farage and his buddie's shock doctrine. What a prick.

Last edited:
Seems anything except a no deal brexit doesn't tick enough boxes for Farage and his buddies shock doctrine. What a prick.
Nigel doesn't really want Brexit, he'd cease to exist. It's almost worth Brexitting.

Is Jeremy's Brexit stance now People's Vote?

Back