• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

He reminds me a lot of Audley Harrison - has all the tools, just doesn't seem to have the temperament or meteorology of a 'fighter'.

Dont know if I ever mentioned before, but I ran into Audley Harrison on my stag do.

Only spoke in passing, not like we were buddies or anything, but the thing that struck me was the man is/was an absolute mountain.

I know he wasnt much of a fighter, and basically any good pro would fancy a match against him - but meeting him in person it amazed me the idea anyone would even get into a situation where a guy like that would be trying to hurt you.

Just goes to show what units/specimines/freaks(?) these guys are. Physically just overwhelming.

Dont know if I ever mentioned before, but I ran into Audley Harrison on my stag do.

Only spoke in passing, not like we were buddies or anything, but the thing that struck me was the man is/was an absolute mountain.

I know he wasnt much of a fighter, and basically any good pro would fancy a match against him - but meeting him in person it amazed me the idea anyone would even get into a situation where a guy like that would be trying to hurt you.

Just goes to show what units/specimines/freaks(?) these guys are. Physically just overwhelming.
I can tell the precise opposite story of Ricky Hatton.

Met him once and he's a tiny little meth head looking thing. Looks like the kind of fighter those of us who are grown up size could throw across a room.

Quite the little fighter though.

Fury doing what he needs to do to get the PR up, TBH his stock in the US is far higher than anyone else in the HW division at the minute other than maybe Ruiz. They seem to have taken to him.

Fury doing what he needs to do to get the PR up, TBH his stock in the US is far higher than anyone else in the HW division at the minute other than maybe Ruiz. They seem to have taken to him.

I thought it was more that with the cut he sustained against Waller will take a long time to properly heal. Fury can't do any real fighting as it'll be an achilles heel and fights would be stopped once it inevitably gets opened up again. Sticking to a script and making a brick ton of money whilst having something to train for is probably the best thing he can do until fully recovered.

I thought it was more that with the cut he sustained against Waller will take a long time to properly heal. Fury can't do any real fighting as it'll be an achilles heel and fights would be stopped once it inevitably gets opened up again. Sticking to a script and making a brick ton of money whilst having something to train for is probably the best thing he can do until fully recovered.

No all to do with the PR push, loads of boxers have done it. Its all good for people trying to break into the US market

No all to do with the PR push, loads of boxers have done it. Its all good for people trying to break into the US market

Well consider me told! How great to have a member of Fury's inner circle on the board to get the inside scoop.

A genuine question, how many top level boxers have gone down this route at a time when they are close to their prime? It's not a crossover I've heard of often but I'm pretty green in terms of boxing history.

Well consider me told! How great to have a member of Fury's inner circle on the board to get the inside scoop.

A genuine question, how many top level boxers have gone down this route at a time when they are close to their prime? It's not a crossover I've heard of often but I'm pretty green in terms of boxing history.
You mean you’ve forgotten the classic Ali Vs Giant Haystacks? (The Rumble in Milton Keynes Civil Hall)

Big Daddy’s classic slobberknocker Vs George Foreman. Easy! Easy! Easy!

Hulk Hogan with the 12th round leg drop finish onto a confused Iron Mike Tyson?

...and my personal favourite, The Undertaker, tombstoning a baffled Barry McGuigan at Madison Square Garden, before burying him under the ring and setting up that epic cage match revenge fight! (where Barry raises from the afterlife, and cleaned the Dead Man Up with a leap off the top of a ladder.

just such a shame Buster Douglas ran in and spoiled it, using a chair on the referee to get a DQ)

Mayweather did something with WWE 10 years or so back, so wouldn't have been far from his prime at the time. Tyson (of the Mike variety) also dabbled, though didn't 'compete' as such as I recall. He was also a bit past his peak when he got involved (I think he was serving his suspension for biting Holyfield at the time IIRC).

On Fury, I'm not sure he actually planned to fight again until the Wilder rematch which was/is slated for February time, so I don't think this is too much of a diversion from his schedule even if it is a questionable route to take.

Last edited:
You mean you’ve forgotten the classic Ali Vs Giant Haystacks? (The Rumble in Milton Keynes Civil Hall)

Big Daddy’s classic slobberknocker Vs George Foreman. Easy! Easy! Easy!

Hulk Hogan with the 12th round leg drop finish onto a confused Iron Mike Tyson?

...and my personal favourite, The Undertaker, tombstoning a baffled Barry McGuigan at Madison Square Garden, before burying him under the ring and setting up that epic cage match revenge fight! (where Barry raises from the afterlife, and cleaned the Dead Man Up with a leap off the top of a ladder.

just such a shame Buster Douglas ran in and spoiled it, using a chair on the referee to get a DQ)
I’m calling flimflam.

It would have all been entirely plausible except there is no civil hall in Milton Keynes...

Who said anything about being in Fury's inner circle? Weird response.

Loads of boxers have done appearances and made cameos in WWF/E over the years. Of the top of my head Tyson, Hitman Hearns, Holyfield, Mayweather etc

Who said anything about being in Fury's inner circle? Weird response.

Loads of boxers have done appearances and made cameos in WWF/E over the years. Of the top of my head Tyson, Hitman Hearns, Holyfield, Mayweather etc

Wow we would completely not get each other in real life from the looks of it..

But fair enough re the second line. Appreciate the PR side of it and exposure. I do feel that these crossovers often coincide with underlying injuries or issues though, or maybe out of boredom for the boxers who've won it all.

Back