• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A question just came to me thinking about this game: why was Eriksen (of all people) the player tasked with tracking and marking Andy Robertson?

A question just came to me thinking about this game: why was Eriksen (of all people) the player tasked with tracking and marking Andy Robertson?

In fairness, he was tasked with primarily covering Danny Rose. Another reason we all wish Lamela had been fit! Robertson is a great player and a proper brickhouse too; Lamela would've given as good as (if not more) than he got.

Absolutely.

It is why they can get away with a midfield including Henderson and Fabinho.
Fabinho's passing range and creativity is better than every member of our midfield apart from Ndombele. Milner's isn't far off either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Finally plucked up the courage to watch MotD2. In hindsight, we really didn't do as badly as I thought - perhaps it's because all I could think about on Sunday was that 60-minute battering.

We were set up for the counter and we created enough good chances for it to come off. A smash-and-grab win would have been an entirely different story, and we were literally inches away.

I can't blame Aurier too much for the penalty, but I do think Rose (or at least, the combination of him and Sanchez) was to blame for their first goal. Rose goes infield to give Firmino a push, leaving the wide man (Henderson) completely free. I think Firmino was Sanchez's man and instead he ended up almost in a tangle with Rose.

Would it have happened with either Verts or Davies on the pitch? Or would they just have had different problems?

Move on, anyway. See if Poch learns anything from this one.

On MOTD2 not sure what game Wright and Crouch were watching(i presume Wright was watching us and the goons at the same time),they said it was easy to see that we were closing them down more quite quickly than in recent games we've played eh??????,perhaps in the first ten minutes the next 80, Son,Eriksen,Winks were casing shadows for most of the game,Ali ,who???...even at one up i was never confident of winning and would have put my house on it we would have lost 3-2 if Son had scored in the 2nd half....same old story every time we go up there,same old same old...

Finally plucked up the courage to watch MotD2. In hindsight, we really didn't do as badly as I thought - perhaps it's because all I could think about on Sunday was that 60-minute battering.

We were set up for the counter and we created enough good chances for it to come off. A smash-and-grab win would have been an entirely different story, and we were literally inches away.

I can't blame Aurier too much for the penalty, but I do think Rose (or at least, the combination of him and Sanchez) was to blame for their first goal. Rose goes infield to give Firmino a push, leaving the wide man (Henderson) completely free. I think Firmino was Sanchez's man and instead he ended up almost in a tangle with Rose.

Would it have happened with either Verts or Davies on the pitch? Or would they just have had different problems?

Move on, anyway. See if Poch learns anything from this one.
I think it was definitely the sort of game where we would've looked better in the short highlights than we did watching the whole match. I thought that while it was 1-0 our tactics to sit back and play solely on the break were fine and almost paid dividends. But I would've liked us to have gambled more at the point it went 1-1 as I think there was something in that game for us if we had played the way we played in that last 15 minutes or so for the last 30 minutes of the game.

Fabinho's passing range and creativity is better than every member of our midfield apart from Ndombele. Milner's isn't far off either.

Fabinho is a magnificent player in everything he brings and was the difference for me on Sunday. What he isn’t is a creative genius. He is a winner and distributor par excellence, one Klopp took time bringing through it must be said...

Fabinho is a magnificent player in everything he brings and was the difference for me on Sunday. What he isn’t is a creative genius. He is a winner and distributor par excellence, one Klopp took time bringing through it must be said...
No one said he is a creative genius. You dismissed the quality of Liverpool's midfield despite it being significantly better than what we have been selecting so far this season. This I had to point out.

No one said he is a creative genius. You dismissed the quality of Liverpool's midfield despite it being significantly better than what we have been selecting so far this season. This I had to point out.

You’re forcing me into pedantry. You said his passing range and creativity is better than every member of our midfield bar Ndombele. IMO he does not have the passing range and creativity of Eriksen or even Lamela, and Klopp does not pick him on that basis. What he DOES have is great positional sense, great ball-winning capabilities and relentless drive - I would agree that he has more of that than any of our current midfield. IMO
He is very similar to Fernandinho in that regard.

You’re forcing me into pedantry. You said his passing range and creativity is better than every member of our midfield bar Ndombele. IMO he does not have the passing range and creativity of Eriksen or even Lamela, and Klopp does not pick him on that basis. What he DOES have is great positional sense, great ball-winning capabilities and relentless drive - I would agree that he has more of that than any of our current midfield. IMO
He is exactly the sort of player that we are missing right now I think. Slot him into our midfield alongside NDombele instead of Sissoko or Winks and we'd instantly be so much more cohesive as a team.

I was comparing him to other CMs such as Winks and Sissoko aka Won't pass / Can't pass. He has all the attributes you mention plus very good passing both in terms of range and selection. He is levels ahead of what we have and again you dismissed his quality as if to say the Pool midfield is poor when in fact it's very good with Winijadum and Fabinho walking straight into our starting 11.

I was comparing him to other CMs such as Winks and Sissoko aka Won't pass / Can't pass. He has all the attributes you mention plus very good passing both in terms of range and selection. He is levels ahead of what we have and again you dismissed his quality as if to say the Pool midfield is poor when in fact it's very good with Winijadum and Fabinho walking straight into our starting 11.

No. I really didn't. I said he is not a creative genius. As for Winijadum, you brought his name up here for the first time; do you remember that the much-maligned Pochettino tried to buy him only for Levy not to offer the wages? Same with Mane.

But tell me; were we out-passed creatively, or did Liverpool predominantly attack in waves from their FBs into their front 3 after excellent work from the likes of Fabinho?

I have not "as-ifd to say" Liverpool's midfield were "poor", in fact, I am pointing out it was highly effective for the system they play. I believe Poch has high hopes that Ndombele will be a more creative version of a Fabinho/Keita type central midfielder.

In fairness, he was tasked with primarily covering Danny Rose. Another reason we all wish Lamela had been fit! Robertson is a great player and a proper brickhouse too; Lamela would've given as good as (if not more) than he got.

Quite. For the last two games we have formed a five man midfield in defence with our wide forwards covering the fullbacks. It worked quite well for the first 20 minutes on Sunday but we lost shape as the game went on, started to ball watch and left space out wide that Liverpool exploited.

If this was the first match recorded for the Amazon programme, could this explain Poch playing the wantaways? Perhaps he thought behind the scenes cameras would make them give a fudge? I'm clutching at straws here, but I really hope there was some reasoning behind it, rather than blind faith, or worse, the act of a man who wants to be sacked.

Back