• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If we were able to stick to a first 11 (bar injuries) for the next 6-8 games who would be in starting 11?

For me:

Gazza

Aurier Sanchez Vertoghen Davies

Ndombele Sissoko Winks

Moura Kane Son

I'd have Alli rotating with Moura and Lo Celso with Winks
Honestly....

gazza

foyth. Sanchez. Jan. Davies/Sessegnon

Sissoko
NDombele. Le Celso

Lamela Kane. Son

with Moura, Dele, Winks, Dier and Sessegnon getting rotated into the team as and when and Toby and jan possibly swapping too (keep Sanchez playing)

yes that’s inexperienced FB but frankly their here for the long term so why not give them a chance

Poch is doing some weird brick, but I think he's safe. Players seem to support him and haven't put down their tools. Get a few deadwood players out in January, a couple of wing backs in, and we're good to go. I reckon we'll pick up quite a few points once we settle on 4231 and begin starting the new lads.
"If" we settle on 4231....

....I'm not sure Poch can

On the face of things, will transitioning to a 4-3-3 (as seemed the formation yesterday) suit our players? Could this and not 4-2-3-1 be the hallmark of Poch MKII?

Or is it folly?:eek:

He really doesn’t do himself any favours in press conferences anymore, does he? If the report is accurate, what he is saying doesn’t even make sense.

Pochettino snaps at reporter over question following Liverpool loss
https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...h-implication-that-ndombele-changed-the-game/

I believe it's taken from here:

https://talksport.com/football/621583/mauricio-pochettino-ndombele-tottenham-against-liverpool/

Hes off his fudging tits isn’t he?

High as a kite on lemon citrus and the funky auras, man.

If he’s not doing it on purpose to get himself sacked, someone needs to do him an act of kindness and either call Specsavers, or the men in white coats....

On the face of things, will transitioning to a 4-3-3 (as seemed the formation yesterday) suit our players? Could this and not 4-2-3-1 be the hallmark of Poch MKII?

Or is it folly?:eek:
Looked like a 4-2-3-1 to me?

————-——Gazza
Aurier——Toby———Sanchez——-Rose
———-Winks—————-Sissoko
——Eriksen——-Dele———-Son
————-———Kane

?

We played 4231 but as usual with Poch teams we switched between different styles depending on the situation - we took up a 451 when defending quite a fair bit.

He really doesn’t do himself any favours in press conferences anymore, does he? If the report is accurate, what he is saying doesn’t even make sense.

Pochettino snaps at reporter over question following Liverpool loss
https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...h-implication-that-ndombele-changed-the-game/
I haven't been overly concerned until reading those quotes but if he thinks that an acceptable response he might well have lost his mind. The fact he thinks Winks is in anyway comparable to Ndombele in terms of quality or ability is really concerning.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I haven't been overly concerned until reading those quotes but if he thinks that an acceptable response he might well have lost his mind. The fact he thinks Winks is in anyway comparable to Ndombele in terms of quality or ability is really concerning.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

One would hope privately he does not think that he is just trying to publicly support his players. But some of his team selections make me wonder.

Levy will sack him before the January window.
If Poch gets a window and Levy buys only one player (It's Levy, he's not buying anyone then) then people can say Levy didnt back Poch in January.
Politically it makes sense for Levy to get rid of him before this after a few more bad results.

It's no disgrace to lose to Liverpool, who look like champions elect. But to semi-handicap yourself by playing the same players who have been playing brick all season and not try and change things when eminently possible stops it taking away the memory of the previous brick results AND performances.

Our next 6 games:

Everton A
Sheff utd H
West Ham A
Bounemouth H
Man Utd A
Burnley H

Is that a really more favourable run than:

Palace H
Leicester A
Soton H
Brighton A
Watford H
Liverpool A?

Fudge me is that right?
So we have to play All the biggest clubs away before we get any of them at home?
Is this the PL getting us back for extending on Wembley.

Poch is doing some weird brick, but I think he's safe. Players seem to support him and haven't put down their tools. Get a few deadwood players out in January, a couple of wing backs in, and we're good to go. I reckon we'll pick up quite a few points once we settle on 4231 and begin starting the new lads.
By then it'll be too late. We will be in the relegation zone or just above that by then and there's no way we will mount a challenge for Europe.

Then in the summer Kane will go with no Europe as will others and you can't blame them. This is the beginning of the end trust me. We stick with him we are fudged we get rid we are fudged anyway. We need to completely right off this season and any hopes of Europe and start from scratch with a new set up.

I'll revisit this in 3 weeks when we are in the bottom 3 and then discuss.

Levy will sack him before the January window.
If Poch gets a window and Levy buys only one player (It's Levy, he's not buying anyone then) then people can say Levy didnt back Poch in January.
Politically it makes sense for Levy to get rid of him before this after a few more bad results.

Not a chance

I'd still call it a 433 as Dele and Sissoko seemed pretty anchored in to position either side of Winks. After their second goal Dele roamed more, but against Red Star it was definitely a 433.

Just on the whole N'Dombele comments; I do think Poch should've dealt with it better although he was right in a way. N'Dombele was on for 25-30 mins, but the last 20 were mainly us attacking and him having a chance to play his natural game. IMO Tanguy is one of my starters, he showed yesterday how easily he could turn and pass through the Liverpool press.

[QUOTE="nayimfromthehalfwayline, post: 1250950, member: 104"

That we went there with the intent to just sit and defend like a lower league team in the hope of a result is the real disgrace.

I understand the reasons why, but that only speaks to how far back we have fallen from where we should be.[/QUOTE]

Did you hear/read what Kane said? He made the point that scoring so early changed the pattern of the game as we were forced to defend hard against a side at the top of their game. He actually SAID “we did not get to play the game we wanted” or words to that effect. We can certainly question why an early goal at Anfield could not lead to going for the jugular (opposition quality/confidence) but you honesty cannot look at that line-up and claim we went with the intent to sit and defend.

I will further this. If Sonny scores and doesn’t hit the bar, we’d have scored again on the break. There was increasing space in the channels and they’d have pushed higher and more desperately.

But we went there with the intention of scrapping a 0-0 or getting something on the break, now don’t get me wrong they are a good side and we should have taken a more cautious approach but what we did yesterday was ridiculous, there is not that much between then sides that we should be resorting to those tactics.

Even at ht 1-0 up we could have made some changes to help with ball retention and nothing, he is a reactive manager not a proactive manager when it comes to in game management.

You know, educate me mate. Explain to me how that line-up is designed to go and “scrap a 0-0 draw”?
Rose? Eriksen? Alli? Son? Kane?
If we wanted to “scrap a draw” would he not have gone for Dier next to Sissoko and Davies at LB?

As for ball retention, save Dier for Eriksen I don’t see it. Who? Ndombele? Brilliant and exciting talent though he is, with Liverpool aggressively pressing as they were, and Ndombele enjoying the high-risk inside spin and pass, just one of those picked off fast ends up a potential chance against. Again, what changes to retain the ball?

Back