• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

If the players we are signing need that sort of protection and wrapping in cotton wool, we're signing the wrong players.

At this point it is finding fault for for finding faults' sake and highlights quite well the way in which supporters have lost the run of themselves lately - protecting new signings from pressure in this type of situation is nothing out of the ordinary and something you'll see all managers do.

At this point it is finding fault for for finding faults' sake and highlights quite well the way in which supporters have lost the run of themselves lately - protecting new signings from pressure in this type of situation is nothing out of the ordinary and something you'll see all managers do.

Ndombele is a full international and Champions league player. He went to City last year and ran the game. When he plays we play better. Play him and we might not be in this situation.

How is it not pressure to bring him on when losing and asking him to turn the game around?

Ndombele is a full international and Champions league player. He went to City last year and ran the game. When he plays we play better. Play him and we might not be in this situation.

How is it not pressure to bring him on when losing and asking him to turn the game around?

You've kinda highlighted my point, Poch in his actions clearly doesn't mind putting these players in to pressure situations so by saying what he says in the media it's pretty self explanatory that he is looking to divert pressure from the outside rather not trusting his players himself or thinking they can't handle pressure, it's just good management to lessen pressure on new signings and literally every manager will do so.

Serious question does anybody truly believe the way we set up yesterday that if we didn’t score after 40 seconds the game would have been drastically different.

Ive always found that goals tend to drastically alter games and their outcomes tbh

If we were able to stick to a first 11 (bar injuries) for the next 6-8 games who would be in starting 11?

For me:

Gazza

Aurier Sanchez Vertoghen Davies

Ndombele Sissoko Winks

Moura Kane Son

I'd have Alli rotating with Moura and Lo Celso with Winks

Ive always found that goals tend to drastically alter games and their outcomes tbh

That one didn’t...

But we went there with the intention of scrapping a 0-0 or getting something on the break, now don’t get me wrong they are a good side and we should have taken a more cautious approach but what we did yesterday was ridiculous, there is not that much between then sides that we should be resorting to those tactics.

Even at ht 1-0 up we could have made some changes to help with ball retention and nothing, he is a reactive manager not a proactive manager when it comes to in game management.

If we were able to stick to a first 11 (bar injuries) for the next 6-8 games who would be in starting 11?

For me:

Gazza

Aurier Sanchez Vertoghen Davies

Ndombele Sissoko Winks

Moura Kane Son

I'd have Alli rotating with Moura and Lo Celso with Winks

I'd give Alli more chances to prove himself. He was diabolical yesterday but was playing in a team set up to play to everything except his strengths.

I'd be willing to give Toby the nod over Jan although it's much of a muchness. I actually thought Jan had a couple of very dodgy moments v RSB so he isn't a nailed on starter for me. That said, yesterday aside, Toby has been brick this season too.

Lamela deserves a place too and maybe give Foyth a go at right back.

But we went there with the intention of scrapping a 0-0 or getting something on the break, now don’t get me wrong they are a good side and we should have taken a more cautious approach but what we did yesterday was ridiculous, there is not that much between then sides that we should be resorting to those tactics.

Even at ht 1-0 up we could have made some changes to help with ball retention and nothing, he is a reactive manager not a proactive manager when it comes to in game management.

Looking to stifle your opponent and play on the counter is exactly the type of approach and/or plan b people complain we don't have in our locker and for my money in our current form is certainly the most sensible approach to Liverpool away - it's also exactly the approach Mourinho would take to all games away v top 6 sides and an approach posters have been salivating at the prospect of should he replace Poch.

I was dissapointed with the inclusion of certain players but all bar Eriksen put in a shift and tbf defensively he cut a lot of space out for Liverpools left side to attack in to.

In my head Poch is gone. Football is a game of such fine margins sometimes, and the confidence of the players is crucial to snatching wins. Unless people are happy with a mid table (at best) finish? There was no conceivable reason to rotate the players on Saturday and putting square pegs into round holes is a sign of a failing manager.

Poch is doing some weird brick, but I think he's safe. Players seem to support him and haven't put down their tools. Get a few deadwood players out in January, a couple of wing backs in, and we're good to go. I reckon we'll pick up quite a few points once we settle on 4231 and begin starting the new lads.

11th in the table
If he doesn't know his to prevent the slide how do we know how much he was responsible for progress in the last 5 years? Could the boys have done it despite Poch ?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

That's very, very unfair. He inherited a brickshow and implemented a clear strategy and style of play. He brought on several players and brought others to a new level.

I understand and feel the frustration with him for the last year but I don't believe any other manager could have got us four top 4 finishes and a CL final and it's wrong to take those achievements away from Poch especially with some of the restrictions he managed under during that period.

For me it isn't about the past. Look at Chelsea, utterly ruthless with managers and rewarded with success on a different level to us. As others have said, fergie was very clever in employing brilliant coaches to work for him - not the same old faces. The team needs to stop leaking goals and the players need to regain their confidence - a new manager is the best way to do it. I don't expect Spurs to win the League, but I do expect Cup success and on that basis alone Poch is not the man. Our last cup win was over 10 years ago - just not good enough for a team which was historically defined by our cup success. Glory means winning - it's as simple as that.

That's very, very unfair. He inherited a brickshow and implemented a clear strategy and style of play. He bought on several players and bought others to a new level.

I understand and feel the frustration with him for the last year but I don't believe any other manager could have got us four top 4 finishes and a CL final and it's wrong to take those achievements away from Poch especially with some of the restrictions he managed under during that period.

This is the thing for me.

If you described Poch this season, nameless, the person you were talking to would think you were talking about a manager new to a club, trying to work out his squad, what his best team/system is. And maybe someone who might not have wanted the job in the first place.

But thats not what he is, is it? He has been here now 6 years, knows this squad inside and out, has proven what works best for these players, and should really know a lot better than to make many of the decisions he is making.

That's very, very unfair. He inherited a brickshow and implemented a clear strategy and style of play. He bought on several players and bought others to a new level.

Sums it up for me and why i have said i am still willing to give him to the end of the season to see if he can reverse the way it has gone.

Back