• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Emil Zatopek, one of the greatest long-distance runners of all time looked like he was struggling when he ran. But that was just his style. While it's likely that N'dombele isn't yet in full "Poch shape" I don't think you will see his style change much when he is. Nor does it have to. If he just keeps doing what he did last night, I don't care if he looks like he smoked the biggest reefer he could lay his hands on.

As it happens I thought he looked fitter last night, not as laboured at all, didnt seem to tire as much

He was mine as well, once he gets up to speed with the Prem i think he will/could be a star.

You'd hope that midfielders bought for 55 million would have a bit about them!

As noted by others, lovely performance and he looks comfortable further up the pitch, IMO he did more in the 3 behind the striker in 20 minutes or so than Dele did all game..

Looks like a cracking signing, loads of positive signs from him. Already performing at a good level and will only get better as he settles.

You'd hope that midfielders bought for 55 million would have a bit about them!

As noted by others, lovely performance and he looks comfortable further up the pitch, IMO he did more in the 3 behind the striker in 20 minutes or so than Dele did all game..

You might ask the Scum about that part

That said, like others, the guy looks like the real deal (in a struggling team), once the team settles and he gets truly match fit, gets Lo Celso in midfield as well, could be interesting.

Even if his fitness isn't up to speed yet, start him and get in a winning position, then manage the game when he knackered.

I would start him, Son and Lamela in the three. Lo Celso and Sissoko (?) In CM next game.
It might make the last 20 a bit tense because all of them have a habit of having a 60/70 minute ceiling, but could utterly dominate the game first

His passing range is great and bizarre at the same time
He seems to know how to find a way to make a pass but the players have stopped before hand as no one can make that pass....

He will grow into that role and he become huge for us
He's a decisive passer and we haven't had one of those in midfield since...well in Poch's time at the club. I hope the team react to his passing game rather than him stepping it back because the players aren't expecting the quality he is providing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Not read a lot of this thread so apologies if I’m repeating but, this guy gives us something we have been lacking since Dembele left, the ability to break the press.
Teams used to give us time on the ball because if they pressed Dembele would drop a shoulder, do a shimmy and get the ball to Dele or Eriksen who then found themselves in space and had time and space punish them.

Failed Poch's selection lemon test before the game.
It will be another year before Poch trusts him.
Yet people think signing players in January will change anything.

His passing range is great and bizarre at the same time
He seems to know how to find a way to make a pass but the players have stopped before hand as no one can make that pass....

He will grow into that role and he become huge for us
Remember when we had Dembele and players like Alli, Son and Eriksen would just make their runs on the assumption he'd both break the press and get them the ball?

They need to get back to that.

Poch thinks Ndombele isn't ready to be a starting eleven ? Not sure if it's the colour of the aura or the different circles of trust, but
I think it's poch who isn't ready

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The problem with anyone thinking N'dombele Is not ready (especially our manager) is

- The evidence on the field is clearly contrary to that view
- The lack of alternatives, he has to be on team sheet by default

The other issue is people claiming he didn't start because he played the 90 against Red Star .. yet no one asked

- Why the fudge did he play the full 90 if not fit against a side we were 3-0 up at half time and 5-0 up in the end?

If he and Lo Celso are not capable of playing 45 minutes, they shouldn't be on the fudging bench

Back