• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When Saudi Sportswashing Machine signed him from Leeds (I believe we were looking at him back then but didn't follow through and make an offer). When Villa signed him from Saudi Sportswashing Machine and when Liverpool took him on a free from Emirates Marketing Project (although to be fair I think they did pay him a wage way in advance of our highest paid player).

If you don't think that Milner has been a very good player over the years then that merely confirms how little you actually know about football I'd say.
He excels at mediocrity.

If you think he's a good player then that shows how low you set your sights.

I agree with @scaramanga on this one .. Milner is nothing more than old school English workhorse (surprise, looked good against a midfield setup too narrow carrying two non performing players)

Playing pool frustrates the living brick out of me, because the tactics are agricultural (I dare someone to go count how many times they just hoofed the fudging ball out to the FB running forward), the only real top quality in the side is VVD and the 3 forwards and the rest just put in a shift and run all the fudging time. FFS, someone should have figured out how to counter this brick by now

When Saudi Sportswashing Machine signed him from Leeds (I believe we were looking at him back then but didn't follow through and make an offer). When Villa signed him from Saudi Sportswashing Machine and when Liverpool took him on a free from Emirates Marketing Project (although to be fair I think they did pay him a wage way in advance of our highest paid player).

If you don't think that Milner has been a very good player over the years then that merely confirms how little you actually know about football I'd say.
Milner is a dirty fudger who needs someone to go in on him studs up. Like he does on our players all the time. I hate him. Apart from that he is a good player.

I agree with @scaramanga on this one .. Milner is nothing more than old school English workhorse (surprise, looked good against a midfield setup too narrow carrying two non performing players)

Playing pool frustrates the living brick out of me, because the tactics are agricultural (I dare someone to go count how many times they just hoofed the fudging ball out to the FB running forward), the only real top quality in the side is VVD and the 3 forwards and the rest just put in a shift and run all the fudging time. FFS, someone should have figured out how to counter this brick by now
My comment wasn't about Milner today ( I think he only played the last 10 minutes or so didn't he?) . My comment is about the consistency of his performances over what must be a 12 year period in the PL. If Harry Winks could get himself to 75% of the player that Milner has been then I'd be happy.

We played a front three of Son, Kane and Moura against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, didn't work because they didn't come out. I would love to have tried that in Madrid and today. Match Liverpool up for once!

My comment wasn't about Milner today ( I think he only played the last 10 minutes or so didn't he?) . My comment is about the consistency of his performances over what must be a 12 year period in the PL. If Harry Winks could get himself to 75% of the player that Milner has been then I'd be happy.

No argument there mate ...

Poch is a potz. End of.

Today, wrong team selection, poor tactics and too late subs (as per).

While I was originally prepared to give him till Christmas to sort it out, my faith in him to do so is rapidly evaporating.

It seems he may have lucked out in assembling his first Mk1 team. Since then, his transfer business has been largely dire. He also seems to have effectively ruined some very good players - Dier, Wanyama, Dele, Rose, Sanchez, Trippier to name but a few.

I would now only give Poch one more month to sort it (and himself!) out. Otherwise let a new broom have the transfer budget in January.

Seen the line and didn't expect much, pleasantly surprised at the performance but not the result.
Eriksen should never, ever under any circumstances play for us again.
If we don't have someone in the academy better than him then we should tear it down.
Seen Liverpool a couple of times these season and they really don't look that good at all. Very one dimensional.

I think his ceiling is high - significantly higher than journeymen like Milner.

He's stalled in reaching that potential from what was a fairly steep rise, but he could be very good.
Whereas I don't think he'll become nearly as good a player as Milner was at his peak. I don't see a club like Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool ever being interested in Winks, if and when he leaves Spurs I think he will be stepping down the levels (I don't think Winks has yet reached as high a level for Spurs as Ryan Mason's did and his move from Spurs was to Hull)

Locelso had two passes were he passed the ball 50 meters on the ground, bypassing two lines of defense. They were magnificent passes, and no one even mentioned it! He certainly knows how to pass that fella!
And that after only coming on in the 88th minute.

The light at the end of the tunnel.

Whereas I don't think he'll become nearly as good a player as Milner was at his peak. I don't see a club like Emirates Marketing Project or Liverpool ever being interested in Winks, if and when he leaves Spurs I think he will be stepping down the levels (I don't think Winks has yet reached as high a level for Spurs as Ryan Mason's did and his move from Spurs was to Hull)
TBF City wouldn’t be interested in peak Milner either
They have progressed
And pool only wanted shim as he was a freebie

We used to do it

Yes. And to be fair, I used to criticise Poch for not having a plan B - I wanted us to be able to shut up shop. Now we can play a compact defensive game. But there is more work to do. We need to be able to play that way but transition better, and build. The key is our mindset. We try to hold onto a lead, instead of fighting to control the game, fighting to be the better side. Once we're behind we switch again and start fighting to control possession and dominate. How does Poch get the team into that mentality where we impose our game, when we aren't losing? He needs to crack that one. I think Fergie was a master at that.

Too late now, I guess, but I should have nominated Alderweireld for MotM. I honestly think he was superb - dealt with a lot of crosses and generally kept things right at the back. Sanchez also good but I think I noticed Alderweireld more often.

Too late now, I guess, but I should have nominated Alderweireld for MotM. I honestly think he was superb - dealt with a lot of crosses and generally kept things right at the back. Sanchez also good but I think I noticed Alderweireld more often.

Probably his best game of the season though the bar is low. Davo was strong I felt.

He is at his limit for sure.
Scary thing is he doesn't seem to rely on simple logic or objectivity trying to get to the next level.

Ndombele is ready. Poch just not ready for him.
Poch is a potz. End of.

While I was originally prepared to give him till Christmas to sort it out, my faith in him to do so is rapidly evaporating.

It seems he may have lucked out in assembling his first Mk1 team. Since then, his transfer business has been largely dire. He also seems to have effectively ruined some very good players - Dier, Wanyama, Dele, Rose, Sanchez, Trippier to name but a few.

I would now only give Poch one more month to sort it (and himself!) out. Otherwise let a new broom have the transfer budget in January.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He is at his limit for sure.
Scary thing is he doesn't seem to rely on simple logic or objectivity trying to get to the next level.
Poch is a potz. End of.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He didn't give away a pen. Its not his fault! It's he that should have been awarded the free kick. Aurier is in control of the ball, and is about to kick it. Mane throws his leg in front of Serge, and prevents him from kicking the ball. It's just hilarious that VAR doesn't overturn that. But serge is at no fault for that. He won the duel with Mane. What more can he do.
Glad I’m not the only one who thought that

Back