• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

We have played brick for almost a year with that setup, we finally get a decent performance midweek and the "logical" step is to revert right back to what wasn't working?

It doesn't matter if we win/lose or draw, it is clear nothing is learned and we have no fudging plan ...

Winks for N'dombele, Rose for Davies and Toby back in for Sanchez against a team with pace? how does any of that make any fudging sense?

The excuses for idiocy have to have a limit sometime?

I agree that playing Rose and Toby is wrong. They've been awful this season. Eriksen can still be a quality player and Winks can do a job.

Still I'm going to wait for the result before I start getting too riled up, I agree though it's an odd selection.

I agree that playing Rose and Toby is wrong. They've been awful this season. Eriksen can still be a quality player and Winks can do a job.

Still I'm going to wait for the result before I start getting too riled up, I agree though it's an odd selection.

It just makes no sense and goes completely against the idea of meritocracy .. the players who put in the best performance in months get what?

So what's his thinking today?

Knowing we're likely to lose anyway he plays the worst lineup possible to further destroy the reputation of the players that are looking to leave.

He wants to get sacked.

He blindly believes the diamond WILL work at some point and we just have to keep trying.

He has completely lost it.

Eriksen(dead leg), Alderweireld(rested) and Rose(rested) will be back in the starting eleven within the next 2 weeks.
Everyone is overreacting thinking Poch has made some decision to sideline players.
It's just the same way he stumbled into a 4231 in the first half against Red Star.
He played random formations and makes random selection decisions.
Of course he is gonna stumble into not playing any of the players the fans are out to get right now.

There goes the Poch is not playing the 'players that are leaving' narrative.

Saw an excellent video the other day (possibly linked on here) detailing how Arsenal lined up against Pool with some success.

532 to match up against Pool fullbacks and then counter attacking into the channels. It nullifies a lot of pools game by effectively man marking their front 3 and FBS.

I did wonder of Poch might do similar.

I did not expect this.

The team looked absolutely fudged tonight. It’s actually sad to watch

They fudging tried .. that's the hard part

- The plan was obvious, sit back, be compact, allow Pool to hit the long ball wide and defend in middle.
- They worked their ass off, effort wasn't issue

Issue was Dele (horribly out of form), Erisken (whatever, mentally) and an inability to hold the ball to relieve pressure.

We got the luck of the gods to be in at HT with a lead.

A reasonable move would have been to get changes right at HT, or by 60 minutes, get Dele & eriksen off, N'dombele and Lucas in
Get 3rd sub on by 70 odd minutes just for the freshness ..

Instead, we watch the manager sit on his hands again and let the game go away from us ..

No doubt a bunch of people will blame the players, Eriksen specifically and mutter some flimflam about needing another 2 windows.

Look at the game when Lucas, Lo Celso and N'dombele were on and answer why the fudge weren't they on 20 minutes earlier and how the fudge Dele ended the game on pitch, please fudging tell me.

We have played brick for almost a year with that setup, we finally get a decent performance midweek and the "logical" step is to revert right back to what wasn't working?

It doesn't matter if we win/lose or draw, it is clear nothing is learned and we have no fudging plan ...

Winks for N'dombele, Rose for Davies and Toby back in for Sanchez against a team with pace? how does any of that make any fudging sense?

The excuses for idiocy have to have a limit sometime?
one magic word - rotation

we didn't get the result, but i thought overall we played well with good energy and everyone chipped in going back and moving forwards

BUT my biggest gripe is we still didn't move fast enough or have enough anyone get at them - we had flashes like Rose's close to the end and Son when he smacked the crossbar

one magic word - rotation

we didn't get the result, but i thought overall we played well with good energy and everyone chipped in going back and moving forwards

BUT my biggest gripe is we still didn't move fast enough or have enough anyone get at them - we had flashes like Rose's close to the end and Son when he smacked the crossbar

I would have bought that and given him credit if he got the subs in when we needed them, not after the game was gone ...

They fudging tried .. that's the hard part

Look at the game when Lucas, Lo Celso and N'dombele were on and answer why the fudge weren't they on 20 minutes earlier and how the fudge Dele ended the game on pitch, please fudging tell me.

I agree with this. Eriksen's involvement is mystifying at the moment. You have to wonder if he would have started if Lamela was fit. But why he stayed on after we went behind.... I just don't get it. Strangely, I'm encouraged that if we can get Lo celso up to speed, we may still salvage the season. Get Aurier out of the team and I can see us putting a run together.

I wanted him gone there and then after Watford, I made the mistake of being willing to trust him again if he showed he deserved it over the coming weeks, not anymore sorry he can’t be trusted he needs to go yesterday, if a new man is in place by the spammers game after the international break the season is still salvageable, even after Pochettino has inevitably thrown points away against Everton and Sheffield Utd.

I wanted him gone there and then after Watford, I made the mistake of being willing to trust him again if he showed he deserved it over the coming weeks, not anymore sorry he can’t be trusted he needs to go yesterday, if a new man is in place by the spammers game after the international break the season is still salvageable, even after Pochettino has inevitably thrown points away against Everton and Sheffield Utd.

FFS. SMH... What else can I use?

Back