• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cannot understand why Poch continues to play Eriksen. He seems unable to pass and he doesn't tackle or intercept. I don't think he stopped a single attack down that side. He was never close enough to the full back. Then why keep him and Winks on when it was clear we were not able to hold onto the ball in midfield?

Agh.

So close. Did enough to get something. Unlucky with the penalty; he did the hard bit winning the ball albeit scrappily, but got unlucky as Mané nipped in.

Gutting really.

400% behind Poch. He has more than enough credit in the bank to see him through this patch.

If he shows he wants it, I'm behind Poch too because over the last week, I've seen the players play for him in two games. He's got to stop the cryptic flimflam though and just do his fudging job.

The midfield just isn't as good as it used to be. When we were at our best, we had Dembele and a good version of Dier / Wanyama. That gave us control, stability, solidity and one hell of a platform.

Hasn't our decline more or less coincided with Dembele's departure? I know there are other factors - including our zen buddhist manager - but that cannot be overlooked.
Which makes starting NDom in Cl nothing game but not here reek of professional negligence

Nope. Lo Celso was fit and available at he start of the season after we signed him. Poch decided not to include him as he hadn't had the Poch preseason and hadn't been around the team. He was still injury free until he went away with Argentina who played him because guess what he was fit and available. The subsequent injury was impact caused and nothing to do with fitness.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Ok, so a player signed on deadline day wasn't thrown in straight away? Not really a questionable decision - when we've signed players good enough for the starting XI previous they've generally been involved early on, Son and Alderweireld being the two last such signings. Ndombele and Lo Celso have picked up injuries in the opening few weeks of the season but signs are they'll follow suit.

All the talk before the game was about keeping the same team who beat Red Star. So what does the manager do?
I do understand he has to rotate to keep players free of injuries. But he should change up second half when your creative player, Eriksen, is playing so poorly. We need Lo Celso back to fitness.

I just don't know what to think any more. I was firmly against sacking Poch but now he goes and pulls this brick.

Good first 15 minutes, good last 15. The rest was terrible. Eriksen had a tough job and I've got to blame Poch for putting him in that position, but he was awful on the ball too - 2/10 for me.

And what the hell has happened to Dele Alli?! 3/10 just because he didn't do anything shockingly bad.

Other than that, most of our lot did well. No shame losing 2-1 at Anfield. I thought the CBs did extremely well, as did Gazanigga.

I have to wonder how different it would have been if Lamela had played.

If this game finally forces Poch to ditch Eriksen and Alli and play Ndombele and Lo Celso, it'll have been worth it.
If anything your mind should be more assured to sack Poch now after that shower of brick?? Surely.

The guy is absolutely brainless and it was obvious things weren't working from the 10th minute. Yet he waits and waits and waits and waits and waits until they not only they score but they take the lead.

Mourinho would have seen the signs early on and made a tactical change well before the first half ended. Poch just doesn't have the brain to tactically change a game.
The answer is well and truly simple. Sack Poch and get Mourinho or Allegri in. Winners. Poch is not a winner and never will be. He's a serial loser and is pretty good at it. The most successful manager ever really when you look at it.

The midfield just isn't as good as it used to be. When we were at our best, we had Dembele and a good version of Dier / Wanyama. That gave us control, stability, solidity and one hell of a platform.

Hasn't our decline more or less coincided with Dembele's departure? I know there are other factors - including our zen buddhist manager - but that cannot be overlooked.

Yep and Ndombele should be largely doing the Dembele role and Sissoko is quite good at being the old versions of Dier/Wanyama, so he should play next to him - I think we will see that at Everton next week.

My only gripe today is that he didnt do the above today and didnt hook some players earlier who werent performing.

I cannot complain about the formation and sitting deep, as normally we go to pool and play how we normally do and lose, so no complaints with Poch trying something different in that regard.

Also starting Toby was vindicated and whilst Rose wasnt amazing, he wasnt as bad as some people are making out and would Davies have done any better - this is pool away not red star at home - I like Davies but he isnt some unreal left back after-all.

Eriksen shouldn’t be starting and is playing like a little bitch.

Winks and Sissoko doesn’t work.

Aurier.....

It’s all on Poch.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Agh.

So close. Did enough to get something. Unlucky with the penalty; he did the hard bit winning the ball albeit scrappily, but got unlucky as Mané nipped in.

Gutting really.

400% behind Poch. He has more than enough credit in the bank to see him through this patch.
Fair play, I had felt the same but today swung it for me. We were lucky to still be in the game thanks to our keeper and poor finishing but there were 5 of the first x1 that were questionable selections, with superior or more committed players on the bench. He can’t claim the player unrest is affecting the team if he keeps picking them.
I’m not sure what message it sends to Moura that Pochettino would rather play Eriksen right mid over him.

Yep and Ndombele should be largely doing the Dembele role and Sissoko is quite good at being the old versions of Dier/Wanyama, so he should play next to him - I think we will see that at Everton next week.

My only gripe today is that he didnt do the above today and didnt hook some players earlier who werent performing.

I cannot complain about the formation and sitting deep, as normally we go to pool and play how we normally do and lose, so no complaints with Poch trying something different in that regard.

Also starting Toby was vindicated and whilst Rose wasnt amazing, he wasnt as bad as some people are making out and would Davies have done any better - this is pool away not red star at home - I like Davies but he isnt some unreal left back after-all.

Davies is reliable

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think Eriksen started over Moura because we lacked creativity against Watford and Poch still mistakenly believes Eriksen gives a brick.

Fair play, I had felt the same but today swung it for me. We were lucky to still be in the game thanks to our keeper and poor finishing but there were 5 of the first x1 that were questionable selections, with superior or more committed players on the bench. He can’t claim the player unrest is affecting the team if he keeps picking them.
I’m not sure what message it sends to Moura that Pochettino would rather play Eriksen right mid over him.

Been saying this for weeks.

Players aren't the source of the issues, management is

As someone who was hypercritical of Toby and Rose earlier, I thought Toby was excellent and Rose decent. I also want Sanchez starting every bloody game.

We'll get a better feel for where we are against Everton as I think we'll be closer to a RSB type set up than today's set up.

Which makes starting NDom in Cl nothing game but not here reek of professional negligence
I think Poch is trying to manage resources by rotating. The problem is Eriksen. But also Winks' form has also dropped through the floor. Ndombele cannot play every game. We have to find a solution.

Back